CA May 5 thru 9, 2011: Lake San Antonio Rally - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-27-2011, 10:47 AM   #21

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Just a reminder to those who like to eat and those who will be doing dutch oven cooking. If you can please bring firewood.

If you plan to do dutch oven cooking please bring Kingford briquettes to share with the group for cooking. We will bring the big charcoal chimney we got from Lori and a couple of cooking tables. We will also bring a couple of prep tables. If you have an extra table please bring it and drop it off at the gathering site so that we can use for potlucks and other gather needs. Please bring your own knives, spoons, paper towels, pot holders and mixing bowls. We will try to bring a few extra but there is never enough.

At this time we have about 8 dutch oven dishes. There is time for others, if you are interested. Just email me at
alsous@msn.com and we can work out something from just a suggested recipe to bringing extra pots.

The weather is promising to be great in the 10 day forcast. Wow, it really is only a week away. We are bringing our train set, our pegs and jokers set and will be looking forward to getting a game or two going.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 06:33 AM   #22

Trailer: 2002 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe / 2002 Ford Explorer 4X4
Dutch Oven

Linda,

WOW! What a Dutch Oven Feast this is going to be.

And fun thrown in!

We will do a pizza. How about I bring some whole wheat pizza dough?

Elvin, Sally and Rex
Elvin Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:50 AM   #23

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Nice camping weather at Lake San Antonio

The 10 day forecast for Lake San Antonio Rally: May 5 through May 9.

Thu - 82/52
Fri - 81/50
Sat - 78/48
Anne3358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 04:02 PM   #24

New person signed up for Rally

We have an additionaly couple coming to the Rally:

John and Mieko

Welcome aboard!

Elvin
Old 05-08-2011, 11:12 AM   #25

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Wow, hope you all have enjoyed a great weekend at Lake San Antonio - we are there in spirit! Happy Mother's Day wishes to those Super Moms attending, and safe travels home. L 'n D
Old 05-09-2011, 05:19 PM   #26

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Did anyone take pictures? Anything exciting happen?
Old 05-11-2011, 02:13 PM   #27

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Lake San Antonio rally

Thanks to Elvin and Sally Lowe for a great rally. Thanks to Linda and Dale Renk and all the Dutch Oven chefs for some great eats.

Jim & Carolyn Johnson
JHJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:08 PM   #28

Lake San Antonio Rally 2011

Just at note to thank everyone for attending the Lake San Antonio 2011 Rally this year. I think all had a lot of fun and little excitement.

The Dutch Oven Workshop was a TOTAL success. Our leaders Linda & Dale ran a marvelous show to bring all the dishes to the table together, hot, delicious and deserve all the credit. I would especially like to thank the cooks:

Al & Jeannie Mexican Lasagna
Bill & Marianne Tri Tip
Elvin & Sally Fancy Mac and Cheese
Rich & Patti Tamale Pie
Bill & Gisela Apple Crisp
Linda & Dale Easy 60 minute bread and Stuffed Chicken Breast with Wine Sauce
Lou & Lora Lou’s Favorite Lemon Bars

As you all know this list just indicates the couples that brought the items for what dish. All helped with the preparation and cooking. I know Jeannie was a big help to me – thanks Jeannie.

Thanks to all for pitching in for the free soup night, pot lucks and supporting the Dutch Oven Pizza Bakes. Linda taught us well Thursday night to make Dutch Oven Pizza and with Bill & Gisela’s efforts Sunday night Dutch Oven Pizza (or maybe cheese pie) was a success.

Rex would like to send a special thanks to Lou & Lora for the morning waffles and for leaving him some for Sunday morning. Got to say I enjoyed the waffles myself. If you did not get some of the waffles then you missed a major event of the Rally.

We all should thank Jim Johnson for his work to bring the Rally off. Jim was a great help to me keeping spreadsheets, making name tags, editing communications/post, helping with site assignments, etc.

Thanks Jim!

Also, additional thanks to Linda. Linda was a wonderful support to me in the background with suggestions and orders (and I mean that in the best way).

Thanks Linda!

We need someone to host the 2012 Lake San Antonio Rally. I have a conflicting family get-together next year and will not be able to host.

Someone please step forward and stop this fine event from vanishing.

Elvin, Sally and Rex