CA May 5 thru 9, 2011: Lake San Antonio Rally - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-16-2011, 09:25 AM   #15

Trailer: Casita 13 ft Patriot Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda&Dale View Post
Just four weeks from now we will be eating a dutch oven pot luck.
Hello Linda and Dale,
I would love to join you all for the Dutch Oven Cooking Work Shop.
Let me know what to buy/recipe/etc.
Jeannie 13'er

Old 04-21-2011, 12:04 AM   #16

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
We just returned from our first 2011 trip to Lake Cachuma. The lake is east of Santa Barbara. Had to test all the mods Bill did over the winter. Everything worked well. Loved the new cushions we had made for our Liberty. Did some wine tasting and had a late lunch in Los Olivos. What a cute little town. The weather was fantastic mostly in the low 80's.

Been keeping an eye on the weather forecast for Lake San Antonio. So far so good. No rain in sight and the temps are mid to high 70's with an 80 at the end of the ten day forecast.

Anne3358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:40 PM   #17

Trailer: 2002 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe / 2002 Ford Explorer 4X4
Rally Agenda

Thanks for the weather report Marianne! Looks good!

Below is the agenda for the Rally. The Dutch Oven Workshop is building with participants. Wow what a feast that will be!

We are short on trailers this year. So if you know anyone that would like to attend tell them to come on up!

Thursday

Jim will have a package for those arriving including name tags for each to wear so we know who you are and will help you with locating your site. All have been to the Rally before, but Jim is willing to help you anyway. Remember we do not have the complete Harris Creek Campground reserved this year so we may have others in the campground with us.

Spontaneous pot luck for those wishing to attend (around 5:00 – 6:00PM). With Linda’s help, I would like to try a Dutch Oven Pizza either Thursday or Sunday night.

Campfire starting around dark.

Friday

Coffee available early morning. Yogurt and/or morning bakery items.

Introductions at 5:00PM (name, trailer, hometown, how many years coming to LSA).

Free soup (White Bean Gumbo) and bread 6:00PM.

Saturday

Coffee available early morning. Yogurt and/or morning bakery items.

Sale items, giveaways, and trade table in general area (Saturday morning).

Trailer Walk Thru (Saturday morning - 10:00AM to Noon). Walk around, look through the trailers and talk with each other about trailers, mods, etc.

Dutch Oven Workshop at 3:00PM (approximate time as Linda may change it). Private message Linda&Dale or post on the FiberglassRV.com forum if you would like to participate. She will email you a recipe for the workshop. You bring the ingredients and an oven. We will all help and put the dishes together at the workshop. Linda is a marvelous leader at the Workshop. You can be a beginner or a pro and you will learn. If you don’t cook, you are welcome to join in and help.

Pot luck at 5:00PM. If you did not participate in the Dutch Oven Workshop bring a salad, appetizer, whatever you like or nothing and join us to enjoy some great Dutch Oven cooking.

Sunday

Coffee available early morning. Yogurt and/or morning bakery item.

Leisurely day for all staying until Monday. Maybe we will walk to the store to burn off calories from the Dutch Oven and Pot Lucks and have ice cream.

Happy Hour for all remaining (bring appetizer, snack or something to drink) around 5:00PM

Campfire at dark

Monday

Wrap-up of Rally.

Notes

If all would bring some wood for the campfire it would be nice.

Jim and Carol did movies at Lake Casita. However, they will not be at Lake San Antonio. If someone has the projection/computer equipment we can schedule movies.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:14 AM   #18

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hi all! Wow, reading about all the fun planned and great folks attending this year's rally at Lake San Antonio really makes us wish we could be there too. ... perhaps in 2012. Thanx, Elvin and Jim, for keeping this terrific event going! We know everyone will have a great time - be sure to post lots of pics afterward, eh? Mmmmm, I can taste those Dutch Oven treats right now. Take care, L 'n D
Old 04-25-2011, 02:07 PM   #19

Name: Wheat
Trailer: Currently Shopping
California
Hi all! This may sound like a weird request, but my husband and I are starting to shop around for a travel trailer and would love to see a 16' Scamp in person. Any chance someone is willing to let us take a peek?? I really want to see a Casita as well, but after much research, I'm pretty sure we can't tow it (tongue weight looks to be too high for our vehicle).

Appreciate your time and hope that we are joining you in our own camper next year!! :-)
Old 04-27-2011, 11:47 AM   #20

Name: Linda and Dale and Dallas the cat
Trailer: 1984 Fiber Stream
California
Wheat, I hear there may be an open spot so contact Elvin and bring a tent or some other brand of RV. Or just come by on Saturday and I am sure you will be able to see all kinds of trailers.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:47 AM   #21

Name: Linda and Dale and Dallas the cat
Trailer: 1984 Fiber Stream
California
Just a reminder to those who like to eat and those who will be doing dutch oven cooking. If you can please bring firewood.

If you plan to do dutch oven cooking please bring Kingford briquettes to share with the group for cooking. We will bring the big charcoal chimney we got from Lori and a couple of cooking tables. We will also bring a couple of prep tables. If you have an extra table please bring it and drop it off at the gathering site so that we can use for potlucks and other gather needs. Please bring your own knives, spoons, paper towels, pot holders and mixing bowls. We will try to bring a few extra but there is never enough.

At this time we have about 8 dutch oven dishes. There is time for others, if you are interested. Just email me at
alsous@msn.com and we can work out something from just a suggested recipe to bringing extra pots.

The weather is promising to be great in the 10 day forcast. Wow, it really is only a week away. We are bringing our train set, our pegs and jokers set and will be looking forward to getting a game or two going.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:33 AM   #22

Dutch Oven

Linda,

WOW! What a Dutch Oven Feast this is going to be.

And fun thrown in!

We will do a pizza. How about I bring some whole wheat pizza dough?

Elvin, Sally and Rex
Old 04-28-2011, 09:50 AM   #23

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Nice camping weather at Lake San Antonio

The 10 day forecast for Lake San Antonio Rally: May 5 through May 9.

Thu - 82/52
Fri - 81/50
Sat - 78/48
Anne3358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:02 PM   #24

New person signed up for Rally

We have an additionaly couple coming to the Rally:

John and Mieko

Welcome aboard!

Elvin
Old 05-08-2011, 12:12 PM   #25

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Wow, hope you all have enjoyed a great weekend at Lake San Antonio - we are there in spirit! Happy Mother's Day wishes to those Super Moms attending, and safe travels home. L 'n D
Old 05-09-2011, 06:19 PM   #26

Name: Liz
Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler, 1987 & 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
California
Registry
Did anyone take pictures? Anything exciting happen?
Old 05-11-2011, 03:13 PM   #27

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Lake San Antonio rally

Thanks to Elvin and Sally Lowe for a great rally. Thanks to Linda and Dale Renk and all the Dutch Oven chefs for some great eats.

Jim & Carolyn Johnson
Old 05-15-2011, 07:08 PM   #28

Lake San Antonio Rally 2011

Just at note to thank everyone for attending the Lake San Antonio 2011 Rally this year. I think all had a lot of fun and little excitement.

The Dutch Oven Workshop was a TOTAL success. Our leaders Linda & Dale ran a marvelous show to bring all the dishes to the table together, hot, delicious and deserve all the credit. I would especially like to thank the cooks:

Al & Jeannie Mexican Lasagna
Bill & Marianne Tri Tip
Elvin & Sally Fancy Mac and Cheese
Rich & Patti Tamale Pie
Bill & Gisela Apple Crisp
Linda & Dale Easy 60 minute bread and Stuffed Chicken Breast with Wine Sauce
Lou & Lora Lou’s Favorite Lemon Bars

As you all know this list just indicates the couples that brought the items for what dish. All helped with the preparation and cooking. I know Jeannie was a big help to me – thanks Jeannie.

Thanks to all for pitching in for the free soup night, pot lucks and supporting the Dutch Oven Pizza Bakes. Linda taught us well Thursday night to make Dutch Oven Pizza and with Bill & Gisela’s efforts Sunday night Dutch Oven Pizza (or maybe cheese pie) was a success.

Rex would like to send a special thanks to Lou & Lora for the morning waffles and for leaving him some for Sunday morning. Got to say I enjoyed the waffles myself. If you did not get some of the waffles then you missed a major event of the Rally.

We all should thank Jim Johnson for his work to bring the Rally off. Jim was a great help to me keeping spreadsheets, making name tags, editing communications/post, helping with site assignments, etc.

Thanks Jim!

Also, additional thanks to Linda. Linda was a wonderful support to me in the background with suggestions and orders (and I mean that in the best way).

Thanks Linda!

We need someone to host the 2012 Lake San Antonio Rally. I have a conflicting family get-together next year and will not be able to host.

Someone please step forward and stop this fine event from vanishing.

Elvin, Sally and Rex