CA May 5 thru 9, 2011: Lake San Antonio Rally - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-17-2011, 08:51 PM   #1

Trailer: 2002 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe / 2002 Ford Explorer 4X4
May 5 thru 9, 2011: Lake San Antonio Rally

Lake San Antonio Annual Rally

May 5 thru 9, 2011... (California).15 miles northwest of Paso Robles, CA
35.812775,-120.933484

Elvin Lowe and Jim Johnson (Hosts) will arrive Thursday May 5 and will check out on Monday May 9.

As in the past, we have reserved the entire Harris loop for this rally. We will be taking ALL the reservations and collecting ALL the money. We do this so that there are NO non-rally people/trailers in our section.

It's time to send in your payment for the Lake San Antonio Rally to:
Elvin Lowe, 7844 W. 80th Street, Playa del Rey, CA 90293

2 nights = $96
3 nights = $143
4 nights = $190
Pets = $2 per night per pet

If you are arriving Wednesday, please pay the Park directly for that night only.

Please let us know if you would like to come so we can reserve you a site.

Email elvin.lowe@gmail.com or phone 310-823-4104

Please forward the following information:

· First and Last Name of all in your party
· Which NIGHTS (THU, FRI, SAT, SUN) will you be camping at Lake San Antonio?
· Your home city
· email address
· Phone Number
· Year, make, size and model of your trailer

Lake San Antonio web site is http://www.co.monterey.ca.us/parks/sanantonio.html

Harris Creek is a “rustic” campground with water and power hookups on the lake shore. Dump site half a mile away.

This will be a relaxed rally. Friday night is free soup night provided by the host (probably White Bean Gumbo). There will be a Dutch Oven workshop on Saturday. Linda Renk will head up the workshop – stay tuned for more on that. Impromptu potlucks will happen.

If you would like to set up something like: solar demonstration; free or for sale camp items; games; wine tasting; etc. let us know so we can edit it into the post and official agenda.

Signed up to date:
Al & Jeannie
Bill & Marianne
Jim & Carolyn
Elvin & Sally
Rich & Patti
Bill & Gisela
Linda & Dale
Joan & Doug
Mike & Shari
Martha & Wolf
John & Nancy
Les & Carole
Garth & Kathryn
Walt & Lidia
Lou & Lora
Gary & Joyce
Barbara & Frank
Elvin Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:49 PM   #2

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
I got excited for a minute, I thought San Antonio Lake was in Texas.
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:21 AM   #3

California Lake San Antonio Rally 2011

Greg,

Sorry! This Lake San Antonio is in what is called the central coast of California. About half way between Los Angeles and San Francisco.

You are still welcome to come!

Elvin
Old 02-18-2011, 12:59 PM   #4

Lake San Antonio Rally 2011

Below is a map of the South Shore Campground marked with the location of the rally.

Also, a picture of the Dutch Over Workshop from last year. WOW, What a feast! More than all the Campers could eat.

Elvin
Attached Thumbnails
Indicated Rally.jpg   Dutch Over 2010.jpg  

Old 02-19-2011, 04:06 PM   #5

Trailer: Casita 2002 Patriot Deluxe
A minor point on the map for those not familiar with the campground. The arrow is actually pointing to the dump station. The rally is in the figure 8 shaped loops above the words "Harris Creek".

Bill
Bill McKeag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:59 PM   #6

Corrected Indication of Rally Site

Bill,

I think a bit more than a minor point! No rally at the dump site!

Corrected image is below.

Thanks Bill,

Elvin
Attached Thumbnails
Site Indicated Corrected.jpg  
Old 02-22-2011, 01:21 PM   #7

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
I don't know that first arrow looks like the big boat launch parking lot. It has a bathroom, not a nice one but it works!
Old 04-09-2011, 06:10 PM   #8

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Just four weeks from now we will be eating a dutch oven pot luck.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:17 AM   #9

Update Lake San Antonio Rally 2011

Hi,

Update of the folks signed up:

Al & Jeannie
Garth & Kathryn
Bill & Marianne
Lou & Lora
Walt & Lidia
Gary & Joyce
Les & Carole
Martha & Wolf
Jim & Carolyn
Elvin & Sally
Barbara & Frank
Rich & Patti
Bill & Gisela
Linda & Dale
Joan & Doug
Maggi & Wes
Mike & Shari

As signup was very short this year, Jim and I have reduced the reserved sites to those taken to date. As we are responsible to pay in advance for the sites we had no choice. Thanks to the generosity of the people at the Lake they decided to allow a group to reserve only certain sites.

The other sites in Harris Creek are first come-first serve. In the past the site have always been open when we have arrive, so if others wish to attend we will accommodate you with an open site or double you up with someone from above.

Jim and I will post and email a final agenda soon.

Linda&Dale will be running the Dutch Oven Workshop this year. Per the post above from Linda&Dale, we are less than four weeks away. If you wish to participate in the Dutch Oven Workshop please post or private message Linda&Dale. Linda will work with everyone to assign recipes. That way she can work out a schedule so all Dutch ovens are ready at about the same time, all can watch\participate and we don’t end up with everyone making the same thing. I’m anxious waiting for a response from her with my recipe. The Dutch Oven Workshop, I think, is the highlight of the Rally.

Jim and I are looking forward to seeing everyone!
Old 04-13-2011, 03:57 PM   #10

You mentioned that you wanted to do the mac and cheese from last year. That was so good my only comment would be that I could bring a bigger dutch oven and you could double the recipe.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:22 AM   #11

Mac and Cheese

Linda,

I have a 12" Deep. Is that large enough? Or if we need larger and you have something, we will double the amount. I know we ran short last year. I will look for the directions this afternoon.

Elvin
Old 04-14-2011, 02:57 PM   #12

Open Site

Open site!

Garth & Kathryn cannot attend as she has pending health issues. Their site is now reserved and open for anyone that would like to attend the Rally.

Elvin and Jim
Old 04-14-2011, 03:00 PM   #13

Dutch Over Workshop

Linda,

Sally just reminded me that we have less people this year. However, I will be glad to double the Mac and Cheese. As Sally said, if some is left over we can have it Sunday night or someother time.

Elvin
Old 04-15-2011, 09:39 PM   #14

12" deep will be perfect Elvin.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:25 AM   #15

Trailer: Casita 13 ft Patriot Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda&Dale View Post
Just four weeks from now we will be eating a dutch oven pot luck.
Hello Linda and Dale,
I would love to join you all for the Dutch Oven Cooking Work Shop.
Let me know what to buy/recipe/etc.
Jeannie 13'er
Ashby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:04 PM   #16

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
We just returned from our first 2011 trip to Lake Cachuma. The lake is east of Santa Barbara. Had to test all the mods Bill did over the winter. Everything worked well. Loved the new cushions we had made for our Liberty. Did some wine tasting and had a late lunch in Los Olivos. What a cute little town. The weather was fantastic mostly in the low 80's.

Been keeping an eye on the weather forecast for Lake San Antonio. So far so good. No rain in sight and the temps are mid to high 70's with an 80 at the end of the ten day forecast.
Anne3358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:40 PM   #17

Rally Agenda

Thanks for the weather report Marianne! Looks good!

Below is the agenda for the Rally. The Dutch Oven Workshop is building with participants. Wow what a feast that will be!

We are short on trailers this year. So if you know anyone that would like to attend tell them to come on up!

Thursday

Jim will have a package for those arriving including name tags for each to wear so we know who you are and will help you with locating your site. All have been to the Rally before, but Jim is willing to help you anyway. Remember we do not have the complete Harris Creek Campground reserved this year so we may have others in the campground with us.

Spontaneous pot luck for those wishing to attend (around 5:00 – 6:00PM). With Linda’s help, I would like to try a Dutch Oven Pizza either Thursday or Sunday night.

Campfire starting around dark.

Friday

Coffee available early morning. Yogurt and/or morning bakery items.

Introductions at 5:00PM (name, trailer, hometown, how many years coming to LSA).

Free soup (White Bean Gumbo) and bread 6:00PM.

Saturday

Coffee available early morning. Yogurt and/or morning bakery items.

Sale items, giveaways, and trade table in general area (Saturday morning).

Trailer Walk Thru (Saturday morning - 10:00AM to Noon). Walk around, look through the trailers and talk with each other about trailers, mods, etc.

Dutch Oven Workshop at 3:00PM (approximate time as Linda may change it). Private message Linda&Dale or post on the FiberglassRV.com forum if you would like to participate. She will email you a recipe for the workshop. You bring the ingredients and an oven. We will all help and put the dishes together at the workshop. Linda is a marvelous leader at the Workshop. You can be a beginner or a pro and you will learn. If you don’t cook, you are welcome to join in and help.

Pot luck at 5:00PM. If you did not participate in the Dutch Oven Workshop bring a salad, appetizer, whatever you like or nothing and join us to enjoy some great Dutch Oven cooking.

Sunday

Coffee available early morning. Yogurt and/or morning bakery item.

Leisurely day for all staying until Monday. Maybe we will walk to the store to burn off calories from the Dutch Oven and Pot Lucks and have ice cream.

Happy Hour for all remaining (bring appetizer, snack or something to drink) around 5:00PM

Campfire at dark

Monday

Wrap-up of Rally.

Notes

If all would bring some wood for the campfire it would be nice.

Jim and Carol did movies at Lake Casita. However, they will not be at Lake San Antonio. If someone has the projection/computer equipment we can schedule movies.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:14 PM   #18

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hi all! Wow, reading about all the fun planned and great folks attending this year's rally at Lake San Antonio really makes us wish we could be there too. ... perhaps in 2012. Thanx, Elvin and Jim, for keeping this terrific event going! We know everyone will have a great time - be sure to post lots of pics afterward, eh? Mmmmm, I can taste those Dutch Oven treats right now. Take care, L 'n D
Old 04-25-2011, 01:07 PM   #19

Name: Wheat
Trailer: Currently Shopping
California
Hi all! This may sound like a weird request, but my husband and I are starting to shop around for a travel trailer and would love to see a 16' Scamp in person. Any chance someone is willing to let us take a peek?? I really want to see a Casita as well, but after much research, I'm pretty sure we can't tow it (tongue weight looks to be too high for our vehicle).

Appreciate your time and hope that we are joining you in our own camper next year!! :-)
Wheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:47 AM   #20

Wheat, I hear there may be an open spot so contact Elvin and bring a tent or some other brand of RV. Or just come by on Saturday and I am sure you will be able to see all kinds of trailers.