Mid-Atlantic Egg Fest 2012- June 29/30th @ Nittany Mt, Williamsport, Pa KOA- $35/nite - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-28-2012, 04:58 PM   #71

Name: Bill
Trailer: Lil Snoozy / Jeep Cherokee
Pennsylvania
Registry
BICYCLING
My wife and I will have one of our Tandem Bicycles with us. We usually like to do a fast paced 20 miler in the morning before it gets too hot. Additionally, we are usually game for a more leisurely afternoon or evening ride just for the giggles (even if it consists of nothing more than just touring the campground). Since the camp ground has "Mountain" in the name, I'm assuming the topography will offer a nice mix of both rolling hills and climbs to make for a varied ride.
If there are any other bicyclists planning on attending this rally, please bring your bikes and let me know of your plans. It is always fun to ride with others.

Old 01-28-2012, 07:01 PM   #72

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Bill, I used to keep up with tandem pairs just fine on a climb if the stoker wasn't particularly strong. Been a few yrs. so I'd be interested in HOW fast-paced. I might bring the bike but I can't be bikin and hikin and floattrippin from dawn to dusk or I won't have time to candle eggs.

jack

Old 01-29-2012, 07:56 AM   #73

Pennsylvania
Registry
My description of a "fast paced morning ride" was not very good as it is so relative. When I think about it, a fast paced ride for us now in our sixties is very different from when we were in our fifties and that was different from when we were in our forties. I should have said we just like to work up a good sweat in the morning or maybe even being more specific say average about 14 mph on a 20 mile ride with a good mix of topography.
While we don't often like to admit it to ourselves it has now been several years since we have been able to keep pace with the "boy racers".
Bottom line, is their anyone bringing bikes that want to enjoy some riding?
Old 02-02-2012, 07:53 AM   #74

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Just a reminder, the rally sites are on hold until 3/1 so if you wish to be near everyone make your reservation before then. Regardless of Phil, winter is over, it hit 65 yesterday! I'm ready to do some camping. Anyway, once you make your site, please post it here, thanx.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:52 AM   #75

Trailer: casita freedom dlx 17
Hey all,

Brenda and I just reserved site 109. I have had some health things going on so let's hope I can get it all cleared up in time. Looking forward to it.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #76

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Welcome everyone, particularly those who have registered. Some good news here, just like last year's rally where we had Lil Snoozy make an appearance, we may be welcoming another new manufacturer, I've been in contact with Parkliner and Chandler has expressed an interest in attending and bringing one of his units. I feel seeing something in person has great benefits not only to see what others are doing but also to give you a chance to see a new product. Hopefully he will make it and we all can see the new Parkliner in person. By the way, Lil Snoozy's Nicholas will also be attending and bringing his trailer and his new Cobb grill. Make your plans now for a real nice get together.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:48 AM   #77

Name: Steve & Terri
Trailer: 2004 Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
California
We're on a cross-country trip visiting my wife's family in Syracuse in mid-June. Your Rally will be our first stop on our way back to CA. Looking forward to meeting the group. Were in site # 221
Old 02-06-2012, 10:52 AM   #78

Pennsylvania
Registry
You will win the award for the farthest travel award ( or is it furthest?) anyway, thanks for letting us know and see you in June!
Old 02-24-2012, 10:20 AM   #79

Name: Tim
Trailer: Escape
Rhode Island
We're planning to buy a travel trailer next year but we haven't seen any eggs up close and personal. This rally looks like the perfect opportunity so I booked a tent site for the weekend.

We hope to meet everyone, check out your rigs, badger you with questions, and hopefully not annoy anyone.

See you then.

Tim W
Old 02-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #80

Pennsylvania
Registry
Glad you can make it, there will be a variety of fiberglass campers and we love to show them off!!
Old 02-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #81

Pennsylvania
Registry
Welcome OneTim

My wife and I will attend this rally and we are newbies as well. I will have my new "not yet received" Lil Snoozy and will be glad to share with you what little I know. My impression is that the purpose of FRV is to share information and to help enhance each others experience.
I have found this site very helpful and look forward to this rally (my first) as a learning experience. After camping and traveling extensively for 31 years in the same pop-up tent trailer, I finally ordered a new trailer. My search began about 4 years ago for what I wanted to be the ideal trailer for my wife and I. Prior to finding out about this site and these rallys last August, information was very difficult to come by. It took me all of those 4 years to see most of my options in trailers and there are still at least two that I have not seen up close and personal. After those 4 years I still was unable to make a decision on which trailer would meet all of my needs for the rest of my camping/traveling days. After a few months conversing with people on this site and one final trip to see the last of the trailers I had narrowed my selection to, I ordered my trailer. Without this site and the people here willing to share information, I may have been undecided 4 more years from now. So see you at our first Rally and ask all the questions you want.
Old 02-25-2012, 06:26 AM   #82

Trailer: casita freedom dlx 17
OneTim, it will be great to have you. This group is very friendly and loves to talk about their rigs. So bring questions and look forward to good food and company. You may even find someone about to sell their trailer.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Don and Brenda
Old 02-26-2012, 09:39 AM   #83

Name: harry
Trailer: New Parkliner owner
North Carolina
I'm planning to show up, from Wilmington.NC, with my new ParkLiner. My question is: Is there a special word or phrase to use to secure a discount? I punched up the website and was shown $54.94 p/night, a little more than $35-40...?
Old 02-26-2012, 09:42 AM   #84

Pennsylvania
Registry
Harry, you need to call during the week 9-5, they are closed right now but staff comes in. Tell them you want the Eggcamper rally and special price. Any problems, pm me and I'll try to help. Glad you can make it!