Mid-Atlantic Egg Fest 2012- June 29/30th @ Nittany Mt, Williamsport, Pa KOA- $35/nite - Page 7 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-28-2012, 09:04 PM   #85

Name: Lisa
Trailer: Former Escape 19 owner
Virginia
Registry
Hi Jim,

My Escape 19 should be ready/delivered in May. I've reserved site #171 (yes, it is a pull through - I don't know how much practice backing I'll get before the rally)

Old 02-29-2012, 06:43 AM   #86

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Great, we will have a plethora or brands and trailers. Let's just hope for nice weather!!

Old 02-29-2012, 08:32 PM   #87

Trailer: casita freedom dlx 17
Wow, Lisa, Colorockiesfan. Congrats, you went from "looking" to an Escape 19. Nice job! I am also a Colorado Rockies fan...if you talking baseball or the Mountains that is. Went to Colorado State Univ. Looking forward to seeing you at the rally
Old 02-29-2012, 08:41 PM   #88

Virginia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don W. View Post
Wow, Lisa, Colorockiesfan. Congrats, you went from "looking" to an Escape 19. Nice job! I am also a Colorado Rockies fan...if you talking baseball or the Mountains that is. Went to Colorado State Univ. Looking forward to seeing you at the rally
Hi Don, it's a very small world! I worked at CSU for almost 10 years! And I'm also a huge fan of both the Mtns and the team (Walker was my favorite Rocky). Love the Broncos and the Avs as well.

Decided to go for my dream trailer and the Escape 19 was it. We only live once!

See you at the rally. We'll talk baseball, the Mountains and Colorado!
Old 02-29-2012, 08:59 PM   #89

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Somebody bringing the Coors?
Old 02-29-2012, 09:04 PM   #90

Virginia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Somebody bringing the Coors?
But of course! And I'll also bring some Fat Tire Ale!
Old 03-04-2012, 05:37 PM   #91

Trailer: casita freedom dlx 17
Lisa, Very small world, I worked there too in the Office of Community Services, Service Learning, and Then in the College Access office with Upward Bound and Educational Talent Search.

I have not had Fat Tire in 4 years, Can't find it anywhere. If you could locate some and bring it, I will pay good money.

Oh, and Your New Escape 19 will get lots of attention, we had one attend last year and everyone was wanting a look at it. It is a fantastic camper, we are still considering one.....but years away, we are about to payoff our casita and love the idea of no payment.

Looking forward to meeting you,

Don and Brenda
Old 03-25-2012, 08:25 AM   #92

Name: Cyndi
Trailer: 1984 FiberStream
Pennsylvania
Registry
Jim,
I have been a fiberglass trailer owner for about 5 years now- I had a Trillium which I fixed up and sold for a 84 Fiberstream. I went from PA to Oregon to get it!!! It was a 5600 mile trip, but sooo worth it! I am now upgrading my fiberstream and believe this is the trailer for me! I don't think I would sell it for the world! I have some interest in these Rallys, but my question is: what do people do at these Rallys? I am anxious to see other peoples' custom upgrades and such to their trailers, but feel wierd about camping with a bunch of strangers. Any enlightment would be very helpful. Thank you.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:21 AM   #93

Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndivg11 View Post
Jim,
I have been a fiberglass trailer owner for about 5 years now- I had a Trillium which I fixed up and sold for a 84 Fiberstream. I went from PA to Oregon to get it!!! It was a 5600 mile trip, but sooo worth it! I am now upgrading my fiberstream and believe this is the trailer for me! I don't think I would sell it for the world! I have some interest in these Rallys, but my question is: what do people do at these Rallys? I am anxious to see other peoples' custom upgrades and such to their trailers, but feel wierd about camping with a bunch of strangers. Any enlightment would be very helpful. Thank you.
A rally is an excuse to go camping and use your rv. It is an opportunity to meet other fg owners and members of the forum here. It is a chance to see what modifications others have done and ask questions or help. It is a chance to meet strangers who may become friends. We will share a pot luck dinner and you will have a chance to taste some new food or drink. I went to a Casita & Friends rally last month in Myrtle Beach and had some "Frogmore Stew" for the first time.

Cindy, just remember that saying, "strangers are friends you have not been introduced to" and that may help you camp with strangers. Try to get a site near me and I'll make sure you will not feel like a stranger. I'll get some name tags for everyone and introduce you every chance if that will help you feel more comfortable. If on the other hand that may make you feel uncomfortable, let me know. either way you can observe or participate, but both requires that you attend.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:36 AM   #94

Virginia
Registry
Jim, beautifully put!

Cyndi, I'm a newbie to fiberglass trailers, trailer camping, and this will be my first rally. Although, like you, I'm a bit apprehensive (because I'm a bit introverted in groups), I am really looking forward to this chance to meet others who also love fiberglass trailers and camping. We already share a common bond and I'm sure we'll find much more to like about everything else and everyone else as well. As Jim said, we can participate as little or as much as we want. AND, we always have our trailers to hide in if things get a bit overwhelming!
Old 03-25-2012, 10:58 AM   #95

Name: Bill
Trailer: Lil Snoozy / Jeep Cherokee
Pennsylvania
Registry
As per your question, I don't know what they do. I will find out as this will be my first rally. I hope to do some bicycling, something we almost always do when we camp, meet some new friends, drink some beer, and get some ideas on how to equip our new trailer for convenience.
As far as strangers go, every where I go I meet strangers with the hope I meet strangers that add fullfeellment to my life. Sometimes I'm disappointed, but not often.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:38 PM   #96

Pennsylvania
Registry
Eggcitement Pot Luck dinner,
I am aware of at least three attendees who will be bringing their Cobb cookers, so I'm planning on trying something new with mine for the Saturday potluck. I'm going to make a three meat/three bean chili on my Cobb. Recipe is unknown yet as I have never made it before but I love cooking and trying new things. Those other Cobb owners, feel free to add something, Nick you bringing those southern "bangers" with you? Anyone else bringing something native to their region, please feel free to post. thanks.
Just wanted to whet some taste buds now!!
Old 03-25-2012, 04:45 PM   #97

Name: Sue
Trailer: '93 Casita FD 16'
NY
Our first rally was our first camping trip after we purchased our Casita in 2009. We decided to travel from upstate NY to Tenessee for the Eggfest in Townsend. We had never been to a rally and never been to Tenessee. We were a little apprehensive as well, but had such a great time we made the trip again in 2010. Last year we decided to stay closer to home and joined Jim and his group in PA. That rally was wonderful as well! This year we are attending both. We have always found people to be friendly and welcoming. We've met people with common interests (I like crafts, my husband plays music), and people with interesting stories to tell.

As for what to do..it's always fun to see other people's campers and get ideas for everything from modifications, to decorating ideas, to easy camping recipes. The pot lucks are fun, and an easy way to get to know people. Other than that, we do what we do on any camping trip. We visit the local sites, enjoy the amenities of the campground, read, take walks, and chat with our fellow campers.

We would love to have you join us Cyndi, and hopefully this will be the first of many rallys for you!
Old 03-29-2012, 03:01 PM   #98
Commercial Member

Name: Mark and Tara
Trailer: 2005 13' Scamp
New York
This sounds good! And awesome to see brands at this rally. Sure beats RV shows that never have fiberglass rvs! And this is like three hours from us. So, gotta have to wait till my wife comes home and I will have a talk with her to come to this one. We do not even have our own FG trailer yet. Hopefully we do and then hopefully we can attend. Would there be any trailers for sale ever at one of those rallys? Just a thought.