WI Midwest Egg Rally - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-05-2010, 02:31 AM   #15
Name: William
Trailer: 2011 Forest River Surveyor
We would be there if someone wants to have an event in Iowa!! Bill and Greg

William Schumacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:50 AM   #16
Name: Vickie
Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2015 Ford F-150, 2017 Winnebago UltraLite 27BHSS
Hi Cindy,

A (late) May/June date would be great for me! I teach pre-school from Sept - 3rd week of May. I'd love to go to some of these meet-ups coming up in Sept/Oct, but can't ask for time off when it's just starting up

Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:01 AM   #17
Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Well, we just spent a lovely day in McGregor, IA, antiquing, searching elements for a Victorian costume for Kevin, and watching a shootout reenactment. We checked out Pike's Peak campground -/only about 15 reservable/electric spots. We did not stop at Spook Cave; I wish we had. It looked promising and close to McGregor. You can bike next to the Mississippi, go to Effigy Mounds, antique, etc.

Anyone able to check out Spook Cave or Paradise Valley?

CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:28 PM   #18
Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post

We have looked into this. We thought Galena with all it has to do but the campground we checked was dirty with rude employees. We checked Volo,I'LL but did not like the campground. We like places with things to do and a clean campground. We liked Stoughton, WI but did not get around to checking out the campground. Greg and Bill found a really nice campground, the Rustic Barn in Keeler. That is near Dubuque and Galena. We talked to the lady who owns it but have not carried through yet. Thoughts?

There's a nice campground at Dubuque IA just across from Gelena. There is also the MOST WONDERFUL mississippi river museum there, and dinner cruise on the river at a good rate.
floyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 04:42 AM   #19
Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Name? Dubuque is my old stomping grounds; I used to work there and have an aunt who still lives there.

CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 06:10 AM   #20
Name: mona
Trailer: Casita, 16 foot
Mid-West Rally

Please give Cedarburg WI some thought. Lots to do locally and, in addition, Milwaukee is just 23 miles south on I-43.

We have a Fair Ground on the north side of town where rallys have been held in the past. (Airstream and so forth)

Harrigton Beach is a state park 25 miles to the North with camping facilities. TerriAndrae is another state park south of Sheboygan and it is very large...but popular.

Just a thought.....Mona Simpson
mona simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:37 PM   #21
Name: Kevin
Trailer: 28' Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Oak Park, IL
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Bill and Greg (from Des Moines) recommend the Rustic Barn Campground in Kieler, WI, just northeast of Dubuque, IA, too. Cindy L and I stopped there last year just to check it out but didn't get to stay (we were on the way home from another event). It is very clean and not too far from the sights in Dubuque and Galena. The only question is how many units could fit there. If the reservations were done early, it could work, but it does fill up with "locals" fairly quickly. As Cindy L noted, this would probably have to be a June event to accommodate our school schedules and it would only be a Friday - Sunday event unless someone else wanted to get there ahead of us. More to come...!

Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote