VA Mini Rally in the Forest, Semi Boondocking in SW Virginia - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-06-2016, 04:30 PM   #1

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Mini Rally in the Forest, Semi Boondocking in SW Virginia

I'm planning to be at White Rocks Campground for the weekend of June 23-26 and would enjoy some other FG company.
White Rocks is in the Jefferson National Forest on the border of Virginia and West Virginia. Jefferson National Forest Campgrounds rocks
There are no hookups but it has rest rooms with flush toilets, sinks with cold water only, electric hand dryers, and electric outlets for shavers, hair dryers, etc. It also has a dump station and several potable faucets around the CG to fill your tanks.
It's a bit off the beaten path, yet there are lots of attractions within less than an hour drive.
Mountain Lake Lodge and Gourmet Restaurant, site of the movie Dirty Dancing Mountain Lodge Virginia – Resorts in Virginia | Mountain Lake Lodge
Put-ins on the New River, one of the East's most scenic
FABULOUS hiking trails, from the gentle Virginias' Walk trail, to the War Spur trail with gorgeous Civil War overlook, Wind Rock Trail, the Appalachian Trail, and lots more
Mountain Lake Biological Station About the Station | Mountain Lake Biological Station, U.Va.
Palisades Restaurant, a rustic gastronomic gem on the New River The Palisades Restaurant in Eggleston Springs - Giles County, VA
Glen Alton Day Use Area in the National Forest Glen Alton Farm | The Natural Place for Education and Fun

And did I mention the camping fee? $4/ night and the geezer pass cuts it in half.

Please let me know if you plan to join me. If I don't hear from anyone, that's okay, but then I'll feel free to change my plans.

Walt
Old 06-10-2016, 07:14 AM   #2

Trailer: 2002 16 ft Scamp
Hi Walt, thanks for the open invitation. I don't know if we'll be able to make it or not as we have several things around that time that haven't firmed up yet. It certainly looks like a great destination and we've added it to our list. Don't base your plans on our attendance but we'll definitely drop by and introduce ourselves if we do make it and happen to see a Bigfoot in the CG.

Al & Cindy
Al and Cindy K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 08:03 AM   #3

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Okay. No takers this time, plus I have a close friend in Woodstock who's not doing very well and could use a visit.
So I'll cancel this one and maybe try again later in the Summer.
I'll visit my friend next weekend and maybe try to join bsedwebt (from casitaforum.com) at Grayson Highlands the following weekend.

Good camping all.

Walt
Old 06-17-2016, 08:23 AM   #4

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Thanks for posting all the links and attractions.. I don't know if I would make a rally but I did add this to my bucket list. Sounds like a good place as long as the summer heat is not oppressive and at that elevation it might not be very often. Looks like about 3.5 hours from me. Yup, I have to go someday.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boondocking, rally