Mt Baker Vintage Trailer Rally, Lynden Washington - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2016, 04:00 PM   #1

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Mt Baker Vintage Trailer Rally, Lynden Washington

This weekend, Sept 9 -11 is the Vintage Trailer Rally. There might be some FGRVs there . But it is always fun to see the trailers all decked out with vintage era accessories even if they are not fiberglass. Good for a weekend or just a day trip from Seattle.

I see that there is going to be a swap meet on Saturday. They had just over 200 trailers at the event last year!

https://www.facebook.com/events/166304277046929/
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 04:10 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
We would go and take our Campster if we didn't have a bunch of other things scheduled. It looks like a fun show. Maybe next year.

1970 Trails West Campster
2008 Honda Ridgeline
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:05 PM   #3

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
And this year Whatcom County Studebaker club will be

Quote:
Originally Posted by k corbin View Post
This weekend, Sept 9 -11 is the Vintage Trailer Rally. There might be some FGRVs there . But it is always fun to see the trailers all decked out with vintage era accessories even if they are not fiberglass. Good for a weekend or just a day trip from Seattle.

I see that there is going to be a swap meet on Saturday. They had just over 200 trailers at the event last year!

https://www.facebook.com/events/166304277046929/
: Joining the canned ham and boiled eggs at the meet. start time is 10AM to 4PM.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 08:17 PM   #4

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
We are planning to go up in the afternoon. We have a commitment in the morning, so will not leave Oak Harbor until after 1:00. That should put us there between 3 and 4. Maybe we will see you there (watch for a German Shepherd).

We would like to bring the Campster, but not this time,

2008 Honda Ridgeline
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 09:10 PM   #5

British Columbia
Dave were going to be there at 10AM then leave early noon as

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Fish View Post
We are planning to go up in the afternoon. We have a commitment in the morning, so will not leave Oak Harbor until after 1:00. That should put us there between 3 and 4. Maybe we will see you there (watch for a German Shepherd).

We would like to bring the Campster, but not this time,

2008 Honda Ridgeline
: my wife wants to check out some shoe store or stores in Bellingham & I want to do Harbor Freight for some smallish items for Christmas presents for the family. But if I get done I will ask my wife to drive back to meet u. Our hassle is the border. I'm bring my noodle with me in case u know who shows up.
Stude
Old 09-10-2016, 12:09 AM   #6

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
I'd love to be there BUT.....

Even though Lynden is a but a few short miles away, the Langley Days Cruise In is Saturday, Sept 10. Anywhere from 1500 to 3,000 rods and customs will be there (last year was 2300) and I need to get re-motivated to get my 57 Chev back on the road, finish my '56 F100 and get the new front suspension built for my '65 1800S. Since seeing the finished ones might inspire me to get off my lazy butt and get back out to the shop......
BCDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 01:35 AM   #7

Trailer: Trillium Jubilee 15'-0
British Columbia
Very much enjoyed this meet last year, many very unique trailers to inspect and Lynden is always worth a trip down below the Line !
peatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 12:21 PM   #8

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Tuesday after the rally. We spent two nights in the Lynden fairground and are happy to announce we were able to give away almost everything left over from Peanut's rehab, including a harvest gold fiberglass sink that went to a member from right here on FGRV. Also gave away several items still painted with the "original" dark brown!

We enjoyed the rally tremendously, though we were at the far end of the groups and not in the thick of it.

There were indeed some fascinating trailers, including one with an actual stairs inside, one almost all done in silver, lots of red and white canned hams, some white and yellow ones, a green and white Boler named "Olive," and hundreds more. Nearly overwhelming.

I realized we simply didn't do much in the way of "vintaging" with our 1973 amerigo; we reused the original lights, but they're just basic whitish boxes; but try as I might to feel like we hadn't tried very hard, I was penty able to enjoy everyone else's efforts at thematic accuracy in spite of our laxity, and still appreciate the simplicity of Peanut.

We neither glamp nor vint...voluntary simplicity might best describe the way Peanut is decorated. I'm a "little" unwilling to merely call him a "hard sided tent."

Anyway, our first vintage trailer rally, and a super couple of days and nights.

The pug girls were pretty good except that our old one, Nimble, took exception to a passing Boston Terrier and nearly knocked the x-pen over trying to kill him.

Old Nimble the fierce and evil, and Cinder in the x-pen.
Attached Thumbnails
Nimble from Kanaskat Palmer.jpg   Cinder in x-pen at Kanaskat-Palmer by Christi.jpg  

Old 09-13-2016, 12:40 PM   #9

British Columbia
Kai, I bet Dave F. was the receiver of some of the parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle View Post
Tuesday after the rally. We spent two nights in the Lynden fairground and are happy to announce we were able to give away almost everything left over from Peanut's rehab, including a harvest gold fiberglass sink that went to a member from right here on FGRV. Also gave away several items still painted with the "original" dark brown!

We enjoyed the rally tremendously, though we were at the far end of the groups and not in the thick of it.

There were indeed some fascinating trailers, including one with an actual stairs inside, one almost all done in silver, lots of red and white canned hams, some white and yellow ones, a green and white Boler named "Olive," and hundreds more. Nearly overwhelming.

I realized we simply didn't do much in the way of "vintaging" with our 1973 amerigo; we reused the original lights, but they're just basic whitish boxes; but try as I might to feel like we hadn't tried very hard, I was penty able to enjoy everyone else's efforts at thematic accuracy in spite of our laxity, and still appreciate the simplicity of Peanut.

We neither glamp nor vint...voluntary simplicity might best describe the way Peanut is decorated. I'm a "little" unwilling to merely call him a "hard sided tent."

Anyway, our first vintage trailer rally, and a super couple of days and nights.

The pug girls were pretty good except that our old one, Nimble, took exception to a passing Boston Terrier and nearly knocked the x-pen over trying to kill him.

Old Nimble the fierce and evil, and Cinder in the x-pen.
:Judy and I got down there alright but still battling Vertigo in the worst way that Saturday. Now into my 3rd week of it and all I can say it is not a fun situation, but Doc' say anywhere up to 3 months of for some all I said not fun. We did sit in our friends new to them Argosy 22' trailer and BS with them some. Like u saw a ton of nice trailers but only where the walker would go easily, I just love some those little trailers but I need one where I can remake it to twin beds as much easier to get up and head for the loo in the middle of the night in the dark and cold, plus I would like to make it as well insulated as possible so not get cold and be a 4 season trailer.
I'm glad you and yours had a good time as it is a very festive show and shine.
Stude

Tags
rally, vin