BC Need someone to do the 2015 Rally Map - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2014, 01:23 PM   #1

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Need someone to do the 2015 Rally Map

I have for a number of years looked after putting together and maintaining the Fiberglass Trailer Rally Map for NA on Google. Could someone please step forward and do the 2015 Map for us. Had a few requests for it already.

I travel (work at international ski races) a great deal in the winter months (Nov to early April) and often have very limited time & wi-fi (making working with google maps a challenge).
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 12:06 PM   #2

Name: XXX
Trailer: whatever
NA
Hi Carol,
Starting next week, I'll have some free time and consistent Internet access until Christmas. If no one else has contacted you to volunteer for the 2015 map, I can give it a go. I might need some initial guidance, but I learn fast and would be happy to do it.
Hidalga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 01:00 PM   #3

Registry
That would be great thanks.... so far your the first to speak up and as mentioned have people asking as they want to start planning.

I have used Google Maps. Highly recommend trying to create a couple of maps on your own with Google as it took me a while to figure out how to use it. There are some good user forums that you search for answers to issues you may have that help a lot. They recently updated Google Maps and haven't use the new version so not sure what if anything has changed. There may even be a better option than Google Maps out there.

I could send you an email of the source map that I think should help get you started in creating your own 2015 map in your own Google account. If not I could just add you as a share on the one I have created and that will let you make changes etc.

As far as keeping it up to date goes - you need to look through the Rally section of the forum to see what new rally's have been posted every couple of weeks or so. Unfortunately only a few of the meet organizers send a PM advising me of the details so you kind of have to search through the rally section to see what you may have missed in so far as new rally or new info on a rally's location goes. Looking through the calendar on this site is another way as some (not all) post the rallys to the calendar as well. But don't worry to much about missing a rally as you will probable get a PM for the organizer eventually asking why their meet is not on the map? or why the map still shows original info posted if there has been a change in location dates etc since ;-)

Let me know if and when your ready to take it over.

Thanks
Carol
Old 11-18-2014, 03:05 PM   #4

NA
I already exported your map data to a new Google Map, which is a good start.
I just accepted a seasonal campground host position a few hours ago, starting next Monday. No Internet there, and the nearest town is an hour away. I'll hustle in the next two-three days to make it happen, and then I can update the map during each weekly trip to town.
OK, time to do magic...if I run into issues or questions, you'll hear from me soon.
Old 11-18-2014, 03:52 PM   #5

Registry
Thank you!!! tell you what if you send me your email via PM I will send you a link to one I already started for 2015 so you can grab it! Will give you a big jump start!

EDIT: Just sent you a PM with the link - let me know if you have a problem with it.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:10 PM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe

A volunteer! We all need to thank Hidalga and an extra special THANK YOU to Carol for shouldering the load for all these past years.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 11:22 AM   #7
Commercial Member

Trailer: Winnebago
Thank you!

I have referred to the rally map a few times and I appreciate Carol maintaining it for everyone to refer to. Thank you Hidalga for volunteering to keep it going. The world needs more people like you two. Thanks again!
Larry,C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 03:02 PM   #8

Name: Bobbie
Trailer: boler
British Columbia
Send a message via MSN to Bobbiemae
I'm brand new to all of this but I also thank you Carol for getting things set up for Hidalga. I work full time split shifts yet for another couple years or I'd be interested in helping too. Maybe in 2016. I am very looking forward to the May rally at Fort Langley
Bobbiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 07:54 AM   #9

NA
Thanks Bobbiemae. Editors are always needed, so if you see any rallies missing from the map, or any discrepancies, please let me know!
Old 01-15-2015, 06:21 AM   #10

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Thumbs up Que bueno...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidalga View Post
Thanks Bobbiemae. Editors are always needed, so if you see any rallies missing from the map, or any discrepancies, please let me know!
Nice job ladies!
JP, see ya soon. Best. Shorty sends...
Chuck Dirnsa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally