NOG - N. Oregon Gathering - October 8-10, 2010 - Page 15 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-08-2010, 01:55 PM   #197

Name: N/A
Trailer: 1985 AND 1988 Casita Patriot Deluxe 13'ers. 10 eggs shy of a carton!
Oregon
Registry
Heads up--I might not be showing up until mid-Saturday morning due to a dental emergency. If anybody checks this thread, please alert Donna for me! (I'm 47A)

See you all then, if not sooner.

Old 10-08-2010, 06:12 PM   #198

Trailer: 2008 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele B View Post
Oh man, sorry about John not feeling well! Sure he just didn't want to be parked next to my manky old ghetto trailer?
Hey Michele....not a chance. We love "manky old ghetto trailers". John just couldn't make it to the bell this time. Hopefully he will be all well soon. We have a trip to SanJose for his sister's wedding in two weeks. Wish us luck.
Cheers, Louise

Old 10-08-2010, 10:50 PM   #199

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
Louise, I passed along your message and your space was used for extra parking at the beer exchange. It was needed, and thank you.

We are all having a great time here. So far, much wood has been burned, many domino have been turned and lotsa beverages have been enjoyed.

We had a big old weenie roast and someone actually brought home made marshmallows to roast.. along with the Peeps, of course.

Weather has been holding, except for some drizzle last nite. My "Trailer" looks suspiciously like a cabin tent, so I covered in with a tarp just in case the deluge predicted actually arrives.

BTW, Reace will like this.. the Rally brands seem to be split in #s between Scamps, Casitas and .. Escapes! Look out Texas.. I think Canada is on your tail!
Old 10-09-2010, 12:52 PM   #200

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Escape ('Turtle')
Registry
Ah.....so sorry we couldn't make it this year, maybe we would have tipped the scale (the count?) to Escapes! At last fall's NOG I think there were only 2 of us, but I could be forgetting someone......

Have fun ya'll, hope we're there next fall.......

Penney

P.S. Mike is out at this moment putting in a Maxx fan for our trip 'south' to CA in a few weeks.

Enjoy our travel photos at: Turtle Travels
Penney H. & Mike E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:44 PM   #201

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
The deluge is here! We have brave folks huddled under Notzo EZUPs and Pah Quas, umbrellas are dominant and most folks are just hiding in their rigs.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:43 AM   #202

Trailer: 2008 Escape
Hi Gina, Thanks for your vivid reports. John is mending well (getting lots of rest). I sure am missing the folks at NOG, even in the wet they are a fun and hardy bunch! Today I will spend most of the day in my neighbor's garage pinning together my next quilt. I started the applique in January. Now I get to free motion quilt it for several months. Big projects tend to keep me out of trouble! Reace indeed should be pleased. He certainly has positively impacted our lives. By the way, when I clicked on the trailer name in your message (which shows up green) I was taken to a car ad.What a world! Cheers, Louise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina D. View Post
Louise, I passed along your message and your space was used for extra parking at the beer exchange. It was needed, and thank you.

We are all having a great time here. So far, much wood has been burned, many domino have been turned and lotsa beverages have been enjoyed.

We had a big old weenie roast and someone actually brought home made marshmallows to roast.. along with the Peeps, of course.

Weather has been holding, except for some drizzle last nite. My "Trailer" looks suspiciously like a cabin tent, so I covered in with a tarp just in case the deluge predicted actually arrives.

BTW, Reace will like this.. the Rally brands seem to be split in #s between Scamps, Casitas and .. Escapes! Look out Texas.. I think Canada is on your tail!
Old 10-11-2010, 06:15 PM   #203

Oregon
Registry
I just rolled home in time to set out all my camp chairs and dry 'em out in the sunshine. If you think there will be any rock hounding opportunities at the April meet, let me know and I'll bring my better half.

I want to thank everyone for being so friendly and welcoming to this "noob", who learned a lot (thanks, Bill!) and really enjoyed all the tours, conversation, pot-luck, jug beer and bad jokes!
Old 10-11-2010, 08:07 PM   #204

Name: Dave
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact Jr; 1972 Astro (Havasu?)
Washington
There are spots to collect marine fossils; if the river isn't too high, perhaps carnelian. Up near Goble there are zeolites, but that's for specimen collectors as they are microscopic for the most part.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:37 AM   #205

Oregon
Registry
Ha, I'm pretty familiar with Goble, and some good spots for zeolites...actually, I have petrified wood on my land.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:12 AM   #206

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
NOGs for 2010 have now concluded. In the future we'll call 2010 the year of the WET NOGs. Gosh, did it pour or what? The sun broke through about 3pm on Sunday and was dry through my leaving time on Monday. Sure felt sorry for all those that had to load up and leave Sunday morning.

But through it all, I had a GREAT TIME. Met some brand new NOG folks and made new friends. It was terrific seeing all the past participants too. I hope to see all of you at future gatherings.

A big thank you to those that brought tables and offered the canopies/EZ-ups for the Sat/Sun pot lucks. Too wet for "on the grass" eating however. Was very, very glad the campground pavilion was available for us to use. And hugs to those that setup and cleaned up. The NOG group is always known for leaving an area better than we found it and that was obvious for the pot lucks as well.

Somehow the simple raffle has morphed into a full-blown giveaway! All those that donated something for the raffle... you folks put it over the top. Once again, I didn't win anything, but I sure saw some excited folks who did. I'm sorry I forgot to mention one thing on Saturday night. Flowers! Those beautiful Dahlias that Norm and Laurie brought... weren't they gorgous!! I put the bouquet I received on the picnic table at my site and was able to enjoy their beauty the entire weekend.

Thanks for the memories everyone!

PS: Look for the Fall NOG 2011 info to be posted the end of January. There's something that Kathie (Dave&Kathie) and I want to check out first. Besides we can't make reservations until February. No need for any discussion about it in this topic, just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

PSS: I have a rock pick that someone brought me for folks to use when rock hounding. Who's is it? If you want me to send it to you, send me a PM. Otherwise, it will stay in my trailer and I can get it to you at a NOG or Oregon Gathering....

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:19 AM   #207
Commercial Member

Name: Deb & Chuck
Trailer: Bigfoot, Boler, Trillium, ECO, U-Haul, Burro, Escape, Trailswest, Compact Jr., Casita, Scamp
Washington
Thumbs up Another great NOG

To Donna and all the others that helped to make this gathering so much fun. I have to say that I'm amazed at each gathering at the quality and beauty of the potluck foods! Simply amazing! It should be on The Food Network. Ok, by now you have guessed that I'm a foodie....
We had a great time despite the rain and wet clothes- great company and conversation as always!
Deb
Old 10-12-2010, 11:39 AM   #208

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
great NOG

Even with the rain, this was a wonderful NOG. We had sunny opportunities for some spectacular hikes, great potlucks, smoozing time with friends, hot Mexican train, lots of Dahlias and beauty, upbeat comraderie and even quiet time. Thanks to all. It was great to see you all again. Looking forward to the next time and hope to see those of you who weren't able to make it this time.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:07 PM   #209

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
PSS: I have a rock pick that someone brought me for folks to use when rock hounding. Who's is it? If you want me to send it to you, send me a PM. Otherwise, it will stay in my trailer and I can get it to you at a NOG or Oregon Gathering....

[/QUOTE]

T'was me (I?). We plan to be at all future NOG's so we can retrieve it next year. Too bad the weather didn't cooperate so the folks could go rock-hounding ;-(

Mike
Old 10-12-2010, 01:13 PM   #210

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Price View Post

T'was me (I?). We plan to be at all future NOG's so we can retrieve it next year. Too bad the weather didn't cooperate so the folks could go rock-hounding ;-(

Mike
Mike, you must remember better than I, my brain was water-logged. As I said, it's safe in the trailer. You'll just need to remind me so you can retrieve it. Thanks for the offer tho, sure wish we could have all gotten to the river to dig and gotten wet in the river water.

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote