NOG - N. Oregon Gathering - October 8-10, 2010 - Page 9 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-15-2010, 06:41 AM   #113

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Brian, Dairy Creek East is as Bryon describes. Sort of reminds me of Waterloo or Champoeg B Loop ... pretty open. Although if it's cold and you want sun, that's the place to be. Dairy Creek West is more forested.

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:06 AM   #114

Name: Brian
Trailer: Escape 13 ft 2010 ('Ladybug') / 2003 Subaru Forester/ 2012 Toyota Highlander
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Brian, Dairy Creek East is as Bryon describes. Sort of reminds me of Waterloo or Champoeg B Loop ... pretty open. Although if it's cold and you want sun, that's the place to be. Dairy Creek West is more forested.
Donna:

Thanks. I was having trouble reconciling the rave reviews with Byron's assessment.

We are really looking forward to seeing everyone again at Waterloo!

Brian

Old 09-15-2010, 09:13 AM   #115

Name: B
Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
Oregon
A BETTER spot for you than Stub Stewart!

If you go just one SHORT HOUR further down Hwy 26, past the turn-off for Stub Stewart park, you'll make it down to the Oregon coast and Nehalem Bay State Park. You will have the wonderful town of Manzanita, on the ocean side and the tiny town of Nehalem on the bay side. When Hwy 26 splits off into going to Seaside or going to Cannon Beach, take Hwy 101 South for about 15 miles. You will LOVE the campgrounds (sites with lots of SUN and with me and my little retro trailer) just about 2 minutes away! I live in Manzanita.
Lots of photo ops in the park, alone. Deer, elk, coyotes and all the sea birds along the bay, etc. We'd love to meet you and your wife!
Barbara (I'm a hiker, too!)
Old 09-16-2010, 07:29 PM   #116

Name: Sharen Heath
Trailer: Our current Cramper is a 2005 PLEASURE-WAY
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbuehler View Post
Manzanita.
Lots of photo ops in the park, alone. Deer, elk, ... Barbara (I'm a hiker, too!)
What she said!!! Simon and I and the fuzzybutts can vouch for the elk... saw one of those big critters right there near Steve's place just south of Manzanita. Plus, and this is a BIG YABBA DABBA DOO PLUS, she didn't tell you about WANDA'S!!! Wanda's is in the next wee town south, and Wanda makes the BEST DANG BREAKFASTS you ever hope to enjoy. What a great baker! Another PLUS! Manzanita has a great lil Mexican Restaurant... very picturesque lil coastal town.

Let's go!!!
Cheers all, see ya in Waterloo!
Sharen
Old 09-16-2010, 08:26 PM   #117

Name: Brian
Trailer: Escape 13 ft 2010 ('Ladybug') / 2003 Subaru Forester/ 2012 Toyota Highlander
British Columbia
Registry
Thank you Donna, Barbara, Sharen, Byron and Vivian! We have now booked some time in L.L. Stub Stewart (Dairy West) and Nehalem before Waterloo and Champoeg after Waterloo. We'll be able to give you a report when we see you.

What a great bunch of people! We can hardly wait to get on the road again!

Brian
Old 09-16-2010, 10:05 PM   #118

Oregon
Sharen, I knew you would soon SURFACE on this thread!

Sharen & Simon,
I hope you've been reading this last thread about the NOG camping excursions...we've got Dave Bese leading us on a Blue Agate hunt (we can make jewelry out of them (if we find any!). My Stephen can lead the jewelry making workshop...if he can go back 40 years in his head!
We are also going on a nice hike or two with Brian & Maria and some of our regulars. Get ready, get set, GO! Wish it were October already...and some October sunshine. I'm holding out for an Indian Summer!!
Although, it's pretty rainy today in Manzanita.
See you Very soon.
BB
Old 09-16-2010, 10:32 PM   #119

Washington
Yeah, Girlfriend... I caught some of that. Soooo not organized, hahahaha!!! I'm lookin forward to all of it. AS for jewelry, I do that too... I've got a whole basket of "inventory." REmember, I volunteer at a Thrift Shop... which, obtw, my latest "can't live without" is a leather chair and ottoman for Simon that fits nicely in our tv room. I bought it for $20, then sold the one I didn't like for the same, so I'm flush!

Anyway, yeah, this rain is the pits, but it is mild and I haven't turned the heat on yet. The thick cloud cover is keeping it warm enough... I just miss the bleepin sun. What a pitiful summer. And like you I am HOPING LIKE HECK for a delightful Indian Summer weekend for the NOG. I DEMAND IT!!! harharhar

And I didn't know there are BLUE agates! I thought they were always white or pink. Live and learn... I want to see some of those.

Yes, indeedy, see ya soon.
Hugs,
Sharen
Old 09-17-2010, 01:32 PM   #120

Trailer: Bigfoot 17 ft Gaucho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Kinnaman View Post
The Columbia River Gorge is always nice. Fall is usually really pleasant. There's several State Parks, Corps Of Engineering campgrounds. A bit north of the Gorge is string of BLM campgrounds along the Deschutes River near Maupin, Oregon. A lot depends on the weather. In the Cascades there's another sting of campground along the Metolius River near Camp Sherman. A few are open year around.

TO find out more about Oregon State Parks go to Oregon Parks and Recreation Department: State Parks Campgrounds

Campgrounds around Camp Sherman look at Campground Availability Oregon

Corp of Engineers in Oregon go here Corps Lakes Gateway: Oregon

BLM is a bit harder to find information about, but it can be done.

As you see there's lots to choose from, urban like Waterloo, Champoeg, or remote like Deschutes River on the Columbia, or Camp Sherman.
It'll probably be a bit late in the year for Newberry National Volcanic Monument. You can call East Lake Resort at (541) 536-2230 to find out if things are open and weather conditions. This is a great place with lots to see including the High Desert Museum at the bottom. LaPine State Park is pretty close to the High Desert Museum.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Byron

We just came from a week camping at La Pine State Park (about 20 miles south of Bend) and Hosmer Lake (BLM) on the Cascade Lakes Hwy. Both were terrific. Amenties and hookups at La Pine. Hosmer is remote and probably closed by then. We went up to Newberry Crater, which was wonderful. The image is of Paulina Lake taken from Paulina Peak at 8000 feet last week.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_1474.jpg  
Old 09-17-2010, 11:26 PM   #121

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
McDowell Creek Park is not too far away - a beautiful day use park with waterfalls and fairly easy trails McDowell Creek Falls . There's also quite a few Covered Bridges in the area Covered Bridge Tour Route

Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:34 PM   #122

Name: Linda and Dale and Dallas the cat
Trailer: 1984 Fiber Stream
California
We are going to be able to come for Friday and leave Sunday but at least we will get to see everyone and catch up. We will be in space 8A.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:42 PM   #123

Oregon
Waterloo rendevous!

OH Goody, GOODY!!
We will be in 43A and look forward to having you join in on the Blue Agate hunt with David Bese at Holly as well as some hikes with Brian and Maria!
See you SOON!
Barbara
Old 09-22-2010, 04:16 PM   #124

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
Waterloo cancellation site 31A

Bob and Adonna asked me to cancel their reservation for the NOG Waterloo site 31A, which has water and electricity. Currently it is reserved from Wednesday to Monday. I plan to cancel it this weekend unless I hear from one of you who might be interested in the site. If you are interested, please post a response or send a PM. Thanks!
Old 09-22-2010, 08:03 PM   #125

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlene Urso View Post
Bob and Adonna asked me to cancel their reservation for the NOG Waterloo site 31A, which has water and electricity. Currently it is reserved from Wednesday to Monday. I plan to cancel it this weekend unless I hear from one of you who might be interested in the site. If you are interested, please post a response or send a PM. Thanks!
SHAREN & SIMON would very much like to snag their site, yes please, yes please! We have a tent site. So, how do we do this? I can send Adonna a check... whatever it takes. And Wed - Sunday is fine.

xoxox Sharen
Old 09-24-2010, 07:37 PM   #126

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
Red face

Yes!! Sharen and Simon will be in 31A. Bob and Adonna hope to drive up to see all of us probably on Saturday. See you all soon!