NorCal Gathering - Burney Falls - September 17-19, 2010 - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-06-2010, 02:27 PM   #61

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Scamp Deluxe 5th Wheel ('The Peanut')
Electrical Hookups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence W View Post
Hi, Earl:
The McArthur Park website lists "electrical..." I'm not sure my 12-volt will last the weekend without the converter charging it. Are you certain there are no hookups?
Hi Lawrence. Glad to hear from you. According to my information there are 126 campsites available but no hookups. There are seven handicap accessible sites available - three have electrical.

Having said that we still want you to come. Several of us have generators that can charge you up for the weekend.
- - - - - - - --
We have five weeks until our gathering. We still have room for more who wish to come. - - Earl
Earl Arrants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:42 PM   #62

Trailer: 1980 16 ft Scamp (Restored)
Registry
Thanks, Earl...
We'll be there.
Lawrence
Lawrence W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:40 PM   #63

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Burney Falls Campground

We just returned from our trip to Oregon. Here are some pictures we took earlier of Burney Falls campground.
Attached Thumbnails
BF-01.JPG   BF-02.JPG  

BF-03.JPG   BF-04.JPG  

Anne3358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:42 PM   #64

More pictures: BTW, the first picture, reg the warning, was posted at Lassen National Park.
Attached Thumbnails
BF-05.JPG   BF-06.JPG  

BF-07.JPG   BF-08.JPG  

Old 08-07-2010, 10:48 PM   #65

We have never camped at Burney Falls. We went there to take the pictures for the "Man from Galt'. The campsite's are open not much privacy between sites. The campgrounds 'dump site' is surrounded by actual campsites. So be careful where you camp.

More pictures:
Attached Thumbnails
BF-09.JPG   BF-10.JPG  

BF-11.JPG  
Old 08-07-2010, 10:51 PM   #66

One more thing, I have a camp map which I will upload as soon as I'll find it.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:37 AM   #67

Registry
Thanks, Anne. Carol and I appreciate the advance photos.
Lawrence
Old 08-09-2010, 05:42 PM   #68

Thanks for the pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne3358 View Post
We have never camped at Burney Falls. We went there to take the pictures for the "Man from Galt'. The campsite's are open not much privacy between sites. The campgrounds 'dump site' is surrounded by actual campsites. So be careful where you camp.
Hi Gang!

Thanks Anne for the lovely pictures. I knew the campground didn’t have much underbrush and was quite open - with filtered shade. It should be easier to spot all those “egg” trailers. We will certainly be on the lookout for that dump station.

We still have room for more who wish to attend. The updated attendee list (on page 1, number 1, of this thread) will be appearing in another week or so. We have many “yes” people and some “maybe” people. If you are a “want to be” or “maybe” please let us know through this forum, or send me a P.M.

Thank you - - Earl (The man from Galt!!)

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks Lawrence for the pictures of your "new" reconditioned Scamp. Looks like you put lots of work into it. We will look forward to seeing it in September!
Old 08-12-2010, 11:53 AM   #69

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
I just accepted a temp job for eight weeks. We won't be making the rally. Have a fun weekend! Ann & Bill C
Bill&Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:42 PM   #70

Trailer: 76 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Darren Miller
I'm still a "maybe", although dry camping isn't necessarily my style :-)
Darren Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:43 AM   #71

Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Kristen Beck Send a message via Yahoo to Kristen Beck
Hi there, Neal and I planned on camping with you that weekend but with our big camping trip the following week it may be too much. So, WE will probably drive down to check out all the eggs and leave ours at home. Hope that will be ok, see everyone there.
Kristen Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:55 AM   #72

Registry
Unhappy Trip changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Arrants View Post
Here is some additional park information for those who may be thinking about attending:

Thanks to you who are responding. Alan will be updating the attendance list as soon as he has WiFi capability.

About Burney Falls Campground: 128 campsites are listed. However, 24 of those sites are rental cabins; and another 15 listed as “tent only”. Handicapped sites 1,2,3 have electricity. 89 are available for RV’s with driveways listed as “back in” 32 foot length (that shouldn’t be a problem for any of us!). All sites are listed as partial shade. Camping fees are $30/night. There is a $2/night discount for Senior Citizens 62+.

Don’t have an RV and still want to join us? The park has 24 rental cabins in 2 sizes: 1 room (18 ft) - $71.50/night; or 2 room (24 ft) - $93.50/night. For more info go to the park’s brochure website: www.parks.ca.gov/pages/455/files/McArthurPDF.pdf

About the falls: Burney Creek originates from the park's underground springs and flows to Lake Britton, getting larger along the way to the majestic falls. Created over a million years ago, the layered, porous basalt retains rainwater and snow melt, which forms a large underground reservoir. The water emerges at and above Burney Falls, where it flows at 100 million gallons every day.

WiFi service is available. Access for this service is available within a 150 foot range base of the*Snack Bar/Visitor Center.

I plan to arrive a couple days early. Several other people also plan to arrive early. So - - - come early, stay late!

- - Earl
Carol and I are unable to make it (as planned) to Burney. Too bad...we will be at the Oregon/Waterloo. We over-scheduled our fall plans, so had to give up something. Hope to see some of you in October.
Lawrence & Carol Walters
Old 08-20-2010, 12:26 AM   #73

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
How are the roads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne3358 View Post
We just returned from our trip to Oregon. Here are some pictures we took earlier of Burney Falls campground.
We'll be coming in via Redding. Any idea how the roads are in terms of quality and grade along 299 East to 89?

Might it possibly be better to continue along I-5 toward Mt. Shasta and come Southeast on 89?
Attached Thumbnails
burney falls from Redding.png  
Old 08-20-2010, 09:58 AM   #74

Route to Burney Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt in SV View Post
We'll be coming in via Redding. Any idea how the roads are in terms of quality and grade along 299 East to 89?

Might it possibly be better to continue along I-5 toward Mt. Shasta and come Southeast on 89?
Highway 299 from Redding is a good road with good pavement - and possibly less curvy that 89 from Mount Shasta. I don't remember any severe grades. I would recommend that route unless you want some sight seeing. After you pass the town of Burney 299 junctions with 89. The park is about 4 or 5 miles from there. - - Earl
Old 08-20-2010, 12:08 PM   #75

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt in SV View Post

299 is a good road and your shortest route. If you go up I-5 to 89 you will have to go over a 5,000 pass between Mt. Shasta and McCloud. Also, some pretty serious road work is happening between McCloud and Burney. They may be finished by the gathering but I doubt it.

If you do go that way stop in and say "Hi" - I and my Fiber Stream will be Camp Hosting at Cattle Camp. That is a Forest Service Camp Ground just off 89 about ten miles East of McCloud.

There is no such thing as an all black cat.
Tom U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 05:16 PM   #76

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
Earl and Tom, I thank you both, although it looks like I won't be seeing you in person this time, Tom!
Old 08-22-2010, 04:36 AM   #77

Trailer: 76 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Darren Miller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Miller View Post
I'm still a "maybe", although dry camping isn't necessarily my style :-)
Sadly, I have to change my "maybe" to a "no".
Darren Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:32 AM   #78

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
We are planning on attending if work does not get in the way. I hope to be able to arrive early. My parents may also be attending with their camper van.

looking forward to meeting new people and a fun time. We have had a cooler summer that has been pleasant. Hope it continues for this weekend.

Steve and Karen
slbran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 01:57 PM   #79

Burney Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Brandon View Post
We are planning on attending if work does not get in the way. I hope to be able to arrive early. My parents may also be attending with their camper van.

looking forward to meeting new people and a fun time. We have had a cooler summer that has been pleasant. Hope it continues for this weekend.

Steve and Karen
Hi Steve and Karen. We will be looking forward to seeing you in September. Your parents are welcome also! The updated attendee roster will appear on page 1, post 1, of this thread.

We have three more weeks to wait. - - Earl
Old 08-24-2010, 12:18 AM   #80

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
toys

I am thinking about bringing a kayak to paddle on the lake. Is there anyone else attending that enjoys kayaking? I will also have golf clubs if we have time to use them.

Steve
slbran is offline   Reply With Quote