NorCal Gathering - Burney Falls - September 17-19, 2010 - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-24-2010, 01:38 PM   #81

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
I may have my golf clubs with me. Don't know if I'll bring the kayak though.

When will you be arriving??
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:08 PM   #82

Trailer: 17 ft Burro (Dance Hall Edition ''The Casbah'')
Add 'The Casbah' and me to the list please

Greetings Everyone,

I'm looking forward to taking my newly decorated 17 ft. Burro now called 'The Casbah' to the gathering. I'm hoping there will be other women who might be flying solo who will decide to attend as well. I look forward to connecting with other tiny travel trailer kindred spirits.

Until then..."Make the journey worthy of the destination",

Laurie
Laurie T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:25 PM   #83

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
It looks like we will be free the week of the gathering. We may arrive on Thursday. Will others be arriving early?

We do have to return Sunday.

Steve
slbran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:38 PM   #84

I'm coming in Tuesday and last I heard Earl might also be there on Tuesday.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Old 08-25-2010, 12:29 AM   #85

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Scamp Deluxe 5th Wheel ('The Peanut')
Burney Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy A View Post
I'm coming in Tuesday and last I heard Earl might also be there on Tuesday.
My current plans are to arrive on Monday, September 13 (Tuesday for sure!) and leave on Monday, September 20.
Earl Arrants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:47 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Arrants View Post
My current plans are to arrive on Monday, September 13 (Tuesday for sure!) and leave on Monday, September 20.
Hey Earl, save me a nice spot. I'm hoping to leave around 5:30/6:00am at the very latest Tuesday. It's 5 hours to Redding from my home. I figure 6 hours to Burney, so I'll be arriving around Noon.

Now if I get antsy I may leave Monday afternoon/evening and spend the night somewhere along the way getting into Burney earlier in the day Tuesday.

Or, I've always considered sleeping a waste of time and you never know I may arrive in the middle of the night Monday/Tuesday. I'll toot loud if I do.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Old 08-31-2010, 02:10 PM   #87

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Deluxe ('The White House')
Exclamation Burney falls schedule and comments

From my posting to Scampers Yahoo group:

I apologize for being away from the forums - this being retired stuff keeps me BUSY... busier than a politician accepting bribes. lol

The Northern California 2010 gathering IS the weekend of September 17-19 at McArthur-Burney Falls State Park. Some folks will arrive earlier - Michele and I have not yet decided if we are going up Tues the 14th or Wed the 15th. And we will probably scoot home Monday the 20th (She has a bookclub meeting Tuesday AM).

Keep in mind that, as in most California State Parks it is DRY camping - no
electricity OR water at the camp sites. If someone wants to attend but has a concern about the trailer battery being able to run the whole weekend, I believe that will be a couple of generators there, and I will bring my battery charger too to speed up the process. Just send me an email ( aweinel@... ) so I can get some handle on the situation.

As far as the schedule -

Friday from 2-5 we have a game time scheduled - bring your favorite games. (I will have my cribbaage board... oh ya!)

Friday @7 PM - Dessert Pot Luck - please bring a gooooooodie to share.
Following the potluck, a campfire and "sing along" - ability to sing "on key" is NOT required.

Saturday -
Ladder Golf tourney @ 10:00

Trailer Open house @ 1:30 (till 3:30)

Potluck Dinner @ 5:30 (Again, please bring something to share. Main dish, side dish, salad or whatever. USUALLY it works out.)

Another campfire / social gathering immediately following dinner

Sunday -

***Is there any interest in a short non-denominational church service Sunday morning? If so, please let me know and we will add one to the schedule.

Breakfast pot luck @ 9:00 (please bring something to share...)

CHECKOUT TIME is NOON.

OTHER ITEMS:

Please bring some fire wood to share
IF YOU HAVE A 6' TABLE (or two) please bring it along.
Be sure to bring something to share for each potluck
Remember to bring your own plates, dinnerware, beverages etc.

MOST IMPORTANT - Please bring a nicely wrapped "white elephant" - there WILL BE prizes. So this is the perfect chance to "re-gift" that what-ever-it-was that you got and ... well... it didn't really work for you. Creativity is encouraged. If you HAVE to go buy something, PLEASE PLEASE do NOT spend more than a few bucks. That is the reason God made Dollar Stores.

If you have ANY quesstions at all, please let me know - either here in the forum or via e-mail...whichever works best for you.
Weinel, Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:38 PM   #88

Yippee, just 2 weeks until Burney.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Old 08-31-2010, 11:00 PM   #89

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Our plans have changed so sign us up. See you Wednesday.
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:55 PM   #90

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
1) This site says that Burney Falls has wifi - any truth to that?

Shasta Home - Campgrounds and Camping

Quote:
McArthur Burney Falls State Park - Located in Shasta County just several miles south of the Siskiyou County line. Burney Falls State Park is one of the few campsites that offer a Wi-Fi Internet access point. There are two ways of getting there, one is from Interstate 5, take Highway 299 East from Redding, proceed to the town of Burney. McArthur Burney Falls Memorial State Park is just outside of the community of Burney on Highway 89. You can also take Highway 89 southeast of McCloud towards the town of Burney. Camping, boating, fishing, and swimming and nature hikes are available. McArther Burney Fall Campground Reservations @ Campgrounds and Camping Reservations - ReserveAmerica.
Location: Burney, CA 96013 | Phone: 530-335-2777 | Campground Map
2) AND:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weinel, Alan View Post
...Keep in mind that, as in most California State Parks it is DRY camping - no electricity OR water at the camp sites...
I understand there are no water or power hookups, but how far from the campground is the nearest potable water? I'd like to know where we can top off the on-board tank before setting up camp, or if we'd need to lug up water.

Regards,

Matt
Old 09-03-2010, 09:09 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt in SV View Post
I understand there are no water or power hookups, but how far from the campground is the nearest potable water? I'd like to know where we can top off the on-board tank before setting up camp, or if we'd need to lug up water.

Regards,

Matt
Hi Matt! Although there are no water or power hookups at each site there are water faucets near the sites. You can fill your tanks when you get there. However I don't know whether one can fasten a hose in order to fill tanks. I carry a 5 gallon container in case it is needed for emergency use. I would be glad to loan it to anyone needing to use it. - - Earl
Old 09-03-2010, 09:28 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt in SV View Post
1) This site says that Burney Falls has wifi - any truth to that?

Regards,

Matt

According to park information hot spot WiFi is available, however it is very expensive. See my post #43 for more information on this subject.

- - Earl
Old 09-03-2010, 09:42 PM   #93

Thanx Earl - I got Matt's query and was going to respond as well.

Quote:
According to park information hot spot WiFi is available, however it is very expensive. See my post #43 for more information on this subject.

- - Earl
Old 09-04-2010, 07:02 PM   #94

If there are threads on the water faucet you can hookup long enough to fill your tank but not stay hooked up.

If there are no threads on the water faucet, I have a "Water Thief" that I'll loan out for the fill.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Old 09-05-2010, 03:02 AM   #95

Smile Burney Falls Countdown

Hi Fellow campers!
Alan, Earl, and I are in the process of preparing registration materials and forms for our gathering. It sure would be helpful if you could send us the first and last names of everyone in your party and your city of residence before the gathering. You could either reply here or send a personal message.
Thanks! Michele (Mrs. Alan)
Old 09-06-2010, 09:40 AM   #96

Trailer: 17 ft 2001 Casita Freedom Deluxe (one eyed CatSita)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weinel, Alan View Post
Hi Fellow campers!
Alan, Earl, and I are in the process of preparing registration materials and forms for our gathering. It sure would be helpful if you could send us the first and last names of everyone in your party and your city of residence before the gathering. You could either reply here or send a personal message.
Thanks! Michele (Mrs. Alan)
Thank You Michele, we thought there must have been someone behind all the male honchos.
we are Lou & Lora Edwards Rio Linda, ca (the land of fruits and nuts) we are physically handicaped(sp) and hope to arrive early for one of those sites, but are not sure we can make it. however we do have a generator and solar panel if we need them.
Lou & Lora E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:41 AM   #97

Thumbs up Burney Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou & Lora E. View Post
Thank You Michele, we thought there must have been someone behind all the male honchos.
we are Lou & Lora Edwards Rio Linda, ca (the land of fruits and nuts) we are physically handicaped(sp) and hope to arrive early for one of those sites, but are not sure we can make it. however we do have a generator and solar panel if we need them.
Hi Lou and Lora! We male honchos will be glad to help you any way we can. The park map indicates that Rim Loop sites 1,3,23,27,30,51 are all ADA reserved. However only sites 1 and 3 have electricity hookups. - - Earl
Old 09-07-2010, 08:42 AM   #98

Smile Northern California Gathering at Burney Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilder View Post
My wife and I are planning to be there with our 13' Scamp.

Hi Mr. Wilder,

Michele Weinel here. Just wanted to update you on the Burney Falls Gathering. Alan, Earl, and I are in the process of putting together registration materials and forms for our gathering next week. It would be helpful if you could send us the first and last names and cities of residence for each member of your party before the gathering next week.

Information on the scheduled activities at the gathering can be viewed on post #87.

Thanks! Michele
Old 09-07-2010, 09:19 AM   #99

Quote:
Hi Lou and Lora! We male honchos will be glad to help you any way we can. The park map indicates that Rim Loop sites 1,3,23,27,30,51 are all ADA reserved. However only sites 1 and 3 have electricity hookups. - - Earl
Hey Earl--
Does that make me a honchette or just a personal assistant to the honchos?

--Michele
Old 09-07-2010, 11:54 AM   #100

Northern California Gathering at Burney Falls, September 17-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy A View Post
Yippee, just 2 weeks until Burney.
Hi Joy!

It will be great seeing you again! Alan and I are planning to drive up on Tuesday.

Michele