NorCal Gathering - Burney Falls - September 17-19, 2010 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-17-2010, 11:47 PM   #21

Trailer: 76 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Darren Miller
I can't commit this far out, but it looks like a fun trip to me! Not sure about the son yet (he'll be a full teenager by then) but I'm liking the idea of taking the Egg-terprise out in September....
Darren Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:58 AM   #22

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Scamp Deluxe 5th Wheel ('The Peanut')
Quote:
I can't commit this far out, but it looks like a fun trip to me! I'm liking the idea of taking the Egg-terprise out in September....
Hi Darren. I hope you can make it and look forward to seeing you. The campground is on a first come, first serve basis so reservations are not needed if you find you can come. The rangers up there assured us that plenty of space would be available.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:03 PM   #23

Trailer: 88 Scamp 16 ft
Quote:
Hi Bob and Janet:
Earl Arrants here. Alan and Michele are out Scamping somewhere between Arizona and Texas. They are planning on attending the Hill-a-Palooza in Johnson City Texas this weekend.

Anyway thanks for responding to our Northern California Burney Falls Gathering. We will be glad to see you there and hope your calendar works out. Isn't Alta up there by Angels Camp?
Hi Earl,
Sorry for the delay in replying. Alta us about half way between Sacramento and Truckee on highway 80. We are looking forward to meeting everyone!
Bob & Janet
Robert Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:20 PM   #24

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Lily and I will be there. Looking forward to it.

Hey, Earl 3 times in a year.

2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 05:26 PM   #25

Trailer: Spacemaster Michiganti Lite 1987
Hi Alan,

Awesome to see that you are keeping the tradition going. NorCal #2 coming up. Burney Falls sounds great to me. I have it on my calendar now. Barring any family or work issues, April and I will be there with our dog as well. Sounds like a good place has been picked out.

It is a state park right? I could not figure it out in the thread, but probably my oversight. Thanks for jumping in and doing this, good stuff.

I will keep in touch off and on and check this site for updates as it gets closer.

Rick
Rick Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:46 PM   #26

Quote:
Hi Alan,

Awesome to see that you are keeping the tradition going. NorCal #2 coming up. Burney Falls sounds great to me. I have it on my calendar now. Barring any family or work issues, April and I will be there with our dog as well. Sounds like a good place has been picked out.

It is a state park right? I could not figure it out in the thread, but probably my oversight. Thanks for jumping in and doing this, good stuff.

Rick
Hi Rick;

Glad to hear from you. Thanks for checking in. Alan and Michele are still out Scamping and are returning to California sometime this weekend. They will have covered almost 7000 miles between here and Texas.

Thank you for starting us off last year at Lake Tahoe for the 1st annual Northern California gathering. See what you started??? Six trailers last year - this year there has been 18 responses (definites and maybes). Alan will be working on a list as soon as he gets home and settles back in.

You are right, the second annual Northern California Gathering will be at Burney Falls State Park. (Hiway 299 northeast of Redding; junction Hiway 89 about 5 miles north.) The cost is $30/night, no hookups. Reservations are not being taken at that time of year. However the rangers up there assure us that after Labor Day there will be no problem finding spots as the weekends are rarely half full. A WiFi hotspot is available.

Don’t forget the dates - September 17 - 19. I am planning on getting there Tuesday or Wednesday - so you’all come early and stay late!! See you there!

- - Earl
Old 03-02-2010, 11:54 PM   #27

Trailer: 1980 Perris Pacer
I'm interested in joining everyone for the Burney Falls trip in September, but wondering if anyone else has kids that will be coming along. I'd love to meet up with all of you, but fear my kids might be pretty irritated if there are no other kids participating. If you know of any kids attending, please share on this thread!!

Thanks!
CharleneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:00 PM   #28

Quote:
I'm interested in joining everyone for the Burney Falls trip in September, but wondering if anyone else has kids that will be coming along. I'd love to meet up with all of you, but fear my kids might be pretty irritated if there are no other kids participating. If you know of any kids attending, please share on this thread!!

Thanks!

So far we haven't heard of anyone with kids interested in attending. If there are kids attending, please let us know. We will be happy to see them. Probably should have the ages as well. - - Earl
Old 03-04-2010, 12:08 PM   #29

Quote:
Hi Rick;

Glad to hear from you. Thanks for checking in. Alan and Michele are still out Scamping and are returning to California sometime this weekend. They will have covered almost 7000 miles between here and Texas.

Thank you for starting us off last year at Lake Tahoe for the 1st annual Northern California gathering. See what you started??? Six trailers last year - this year there has been 18 responses (definites and maybes). Alan will be working on a list as soon as he gets home and settles back in.

You are right, the second annual Northern California Gathering will be at Burney Falls State Park. (Hiway 299 northeast of Redding; junction Hiway 89 about 5 miles north.) The cost is $30/night, no hookups. Reservations are not being taken at that time of year. However the rangers up there assure us that after Labor Day there will be no problem finding spots as the weekends are rarely half full. A WiFi hotspot is available.

Don't forget the dates - September 17 - 19. I am planning on getting there Tuesday or Wednesday - so you'all come early and stay late!! See you there!

- - Earl
Hi Earl. Nice to hear from you also. Yea, it sounds like a good turnout will be there. I was telling April sounds like fun getting to meet even more people. I did look up the state park and it looks great. Ok, I will check in here and there to make sure I know whats happenning for the Nor Cal Get Together #2.

Rick
Old 03-04-2010, 01:47 PM   #30

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
For those that have not seen the falls check this image from my waterfall page: Burney Falls
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:20 PM   #31

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Whoo-hoo, thanx for posting that terrific photo, Jon. Whatever pics I have of the falls are packed away with our 'must-save' momentos, so I'm pleased to have this one to show off. Still hoping to join the group in Sept ... time will tell. Take care, all - L 'n D

Oops - help ... sorry for the double posting! LdB
Old 03-04-2010, 10:20 PM   #32

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Whoo-hoo, thanx for posting that terrific photo, Jon. Whatever pics I have of the falls are packed away with our 'must-save' momentos, so I'm pleased to have this one to show off. Still hoping to join the group in Sept ... time will tell. Take care, all - L 'n D
Old 03-04-2010, 11:37 PM   #33

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft
Diane and Alice are in - I just put in for the time off! Am really looking forward to it - that is a beautiful area!!
Diane

Diane D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 06:45 PM   #34

Quote:
Diane and Alice are in - I just put in for the time off! Am really looking forward to it - that is a beautiful area!!
Diane

Hi Diane and Alice. Glad to see that you are in! April and I are excited about seeing everyone again. It should be a pretty area from the pics I have seen and everyone's responses.
See you there
Rick and April and Cali (the dog)
Old 03-25-2010, 04:55 AM   #35

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp (our 'Lil Critter')
Alan,
Bev & Bob Deaton here.

Put us, Bev, Bob, Molly (Shi Tzu), Sissy (Yorky), & Baby (Cockatiel), down for the NCG at McArhtur /Burney falls State Park.

We spent two days there this week. Great place.
Bob D.
13' Scamp "Lil Critter"

deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:01 AM   #36

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
Hi Alan and all,

This sounds like a lot of fun. We have never been to a Northern California gathering but would love to join you. Dennis and I will be there with our yellow lab, Luna. Thanks for organizing!
Charlene Urso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:34 PM   #37

Hi Bob and Bev; Dennis and Charlene;

Earl Arrants here: Glad to hear from you. We will look forward to seeing you at McArthur-Burney Falls in September. Alan is working on an attendance list. So far there are 22 definites, maybees, and would-like-to-bees. His report should be coming soon.

The listed dates are September 17-19. However, several of us will be arriving a day or two before that - - so come early, stay late! Reservations are not being taken at that time of year. However the rangers up there assure us that after Labor Day there will be no problem finding spots as the weekends are rarely half full.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:29 PM   #38

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
Thanks for the information, Earl! We are looking forward to camping in northern California. We'll see if we can come early.
Charlene
Charlene Urso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:40 PM   #39

Quote:
This sounds like a lot of fun. We have never been to a Northern California gathering but would love to join you. Dennis and I will be there with our yellow lab, Luna. Thanks for organizing!
I see that you will be at Bandon in B27. I will be in A35 - Alan and Michele are in A40. We will look forward to meeting you there.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:56 PM   #40

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Deluxe ('The White House')
<div align="center">*** ANOTHER UPDATE***
</div>

Here is a tentative list for Burney Falls in September -
My apologies for all spelling errors, PLEASE send me corrections.
At the end of each listing, based on forum posts, either Yes or Maybe.
Please send me corrections.

THANKS to all!!

Earl Arrants; Galt, CA; 19' Scamp; Y
Alan & Michele Weinel; Galt, CA; 19' Scamp; Y
Joy Avila; Sonora, CA; 13' Scamp; Y
Ellen & Brett Tresidder; Sierra Foothills, CA; 17' Casita; Y
Wilder; Pacifica, CA; 13' Scamp; Y
Paul & Jeanne Wood; Fresno, CA; 17' Scamp; Y
Diane & Alice; Sacramento, CA; 16' Scamp; Y
Lou & Lora Edwards; Rio Linda, CA; 17' Casita; Y
Bill & Ann C.; Eugene, OR; ?' Casita; Y
Robert & Audrey Johans; Bend, OR; Perris Pacer; Y