Northern Oregon Gathering - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2006, 07:20 AM   #21

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Donna,

Please put Pat and Paul down for #17 if still available

Thanks
Paul, that's a tent site, which we can certainly use (according to the park people) for any overflow we may need. Wouldn't you rather have full hookups? Tent sites are boondocking sites.

I've put you in #12 which will get . I think Dave&Katie had that site last time. You could check with them about the "environment." It appears there's a building to the east of the site. If I remember right it wasn't right out side the trailer door...it's a pretty big site and was 20-30 feet away Let me know.

As an FYI to everyone...the park folks said we can doubleup in sites if necessary too. I know the site I'm in (#3) is flat, with no trees..we could wedge another trailer in if needed. Sharing electricity/water/sewer maybe a bit of a shuffle tho.

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 12:51 PM   #22

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Well, I just looked at airfares.

You guys have a great time Sheez!

for a few bucks more, I could TOW up!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 01:26 PM   #23

Trailer: Trillium 1978 13 ft
Registry
Quote:
So, can I fly up and take the cabin?
Gina--

Grandson Josh will provide you with shelter!

Bill and Jacquie
Attached Thumbnails
Josh_open_tp.jpg  
Bill and Jacquie G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 01:58 PM   #24

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
That may be a little large for me.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 08:40 PM   #25

Trailer: 1994 Lil Bigfoot and 1967 Traveleze Royal Traveler
Quote:
Hey Dave - Have you heard the words VACATION DAYS? Or how about a couple AA days - that would be Attitude Adjustment!

So many opportunities, so little CAL.

I just missed a lot of work over the holidays and that ran the bank down. Then there's Bullards, I've got 5 days for that, then this, then that. I'll just have to try for the Fall meet. Fortunately my leave accrual goes up in November.
Old 01-19-2006, 04:07 PM   #26

Trailer: 2002 13 ft Casita
The weatherman is predicting a dryer than normal spring. Let's hope he's right. If not be sure and wear your web feet.
Kathy Davisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 04:15 PM   #27

Quote:
The weatherman is predicting a dryer than normal spring.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:42 PM   #28

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
The weatherman is predicting a dryer than normal spring. Let's hope he's right.

Let's hope he's right.

Let's to the sun diety.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:41 PM   #29

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Paul, that's a tent site, which we can certainly use (according to the park people) for any overflow we may need. Wouldn't you rather have full hookups? Tent sites are boondocking sites.

I've put you in #12 which will get . I think Dave&Katie had that site last time. You could check with them about the "environment." It appears there's a building to the east of the site. If I remember right it wasn't right out side the trailer door...it's a pretty big site and was 20-30 feet away Let me know.

As an FYI to everyone...the park folks said we can doubleup in sites if necessary too. I know the site I'm in (#3) is flat, with no trees..we could wedge another trailer in if needed. Sharing electricity/water/sewer maybe a bit of a shuffle tho.

Greetings all:

Regarding the sites - actually Pam and Fred ended up in #12 and Donna you are correct - it is a nice big site and the building isn't really that close. We ended up in site #9 which didn't have a usable sewer hookup - it was on the wrong side of the trailer and too far away - beautiful site tho'.

Now for the bad news (sort of). Sorry we won't be able to make it - we were looking forward to it but this is the weekend we have a birthday getaway at the beach with our son and his family (2 grandkids now). We rent a house at Road's End right on the beach - have been going since Adam (our son) was a little boy - now he has children of his own - wow, where does the time go? Sorry we will miss everyone - hope to see most of you at Bullards. Donna - are we planning another fall weekend?

Hope we all have sunshine

Dave and Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 07:05 AM   #30

Quote:
Donna - are we planning another fall weekend?

Hope we all have sunshine
Yep, Fall meet is on the books AND YES please lots of for those of us camping and at the beach.

Dave and Kathie, we'll miss you...but have a F A B U L O U S time at the beach...one of my favorite places to visit
Old 01-30-2006, 05:10 PM   #31

Trailer: 1973 Trillium 13 ft
Hi. Not too experienced at posting here, so hope this goes to the right place! Want to reserve a spot (is #11 still available) for the Northern OR rally at end of April. It can't be any rainier there than it has been here!
Cheers, eh?
Karen
Karen Heiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:13 PM   #32

Trailer: Perris Pacer 1979
Hi Karen.......Welcome to the Northern Oregon Gathering or as I call it, my Columbia River Retreat. I'm so happy your coming. It's so much fun. It does seem like we've had our share of rain this year, but it could be worse. I looked at the map, and # 11 seems open, but Donna will take care of that. I'm in # 1. What kind of trailer do you have? Do you have a dog? I have an old family cocker spanial and he travels with me. I'm alone...but since I've gotten my little Perris Pacer, and the girls have left home, nothing stops me now. Talk to you later. Take care, and thanks for coming. I'm so looking forward to meeting you.

Chari
Chari Benckendorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:10 PM   #33

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp (Egg Salad Annie)
Registry
Just a thought. If it is raining hard, There is a log shelter with a fire place I belive that the gathering can rent for $50.00. I have a bunch of dry fire wood I will bring or have Linda bring if I am at sea. We only live 10 miles from Hudson park.
Great fun
Taylor Kissinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 06:43 AM   #34

Woohoo just updated the map, two more spots reserved!

Taylor, when I spoke the the parks people, one of the things we discussed was a shelter. In the end, I decided NOT to reserve and pay the deposit. There's a very good (99%) chance no one will be using the shelter that weekend and if we find we need it, we could rent it then. But if it's sunny we wouldn't want it and there isn't any refunds on deposits. I'm not into wasting money, so didn't want to risk it.

Besides, it's gonna be
Old 01-31-2006, 11:04 AM   #35

Trailer: 1973 Trillium 13 ft
Hi Chari!

Thanks for the welcome. Looking foward to meeting you and all, too! I do have a dog, a real cutie, but unfortunately he can't come to these things with me. Problem is we got him when he was 7 yrs old, and he had belonged to an elderly couple who never took him outside (can you believe he didn't know how to go up and down stairs?!). Upshot is that he is terrified of/hates other dogs.

We have tried and tried to socialize him, but that thing about teaching old dogs new tricks seems to be the case here. It's a pity cause he's a sweetie. Anyway, we do take him out for walks twice a day, and if we see another dog, we just high-tail it in the other direction (to avoid WWIII).

But I will be there, and probably my 74-year-old mum too. My husband gets very little time off work, so he'll stay at home with the dog.

My trailer is a 1973 13-foot Trillium (sort of like a Boler but a little taller and squarer).
April seems too far away. Would like to hit the road now!

Cheerio,
Karen
Karen Heiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 02:24 PM   #36

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp (Egg Salad Annie)
Registry
Yes Donna that was my thought as well we can rent the shelter if we need it. The park sees little use, everyone blows on by ever Friday night to jam all together at the cold coast. Hope to make it
Taylor Kissinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 02:42 PM   #37

Taylor when you get back from Hawaii, BRING THE SUN!
Old 02-04-2006, 12:19 PM   #38

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
We cannot wait to see everyone and to camp again! (This rain is about killing us - and we missed three weeks of it in January.) We need a smiley with an umbrella that ISN'T smiling.

Nancy
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 12:27 PM   #39

No kidding Nancy. We had some horrible winds last night too. I'm afraid to look in my yard, I'm certain at least part of my roof is laying out there. Even the weather forecasters are getting cranking on TV. BUT, they've said we SHOULD have a couple of days of this next week. Hallelujah!!!! We haven't had 24 hours of NON rain since the first part of December
Old 02-04-2006, 03:49 PM   #40

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Quote:
We haven't had 24 hours of NON rain since the first part of [b]December
Supposedly, Roseburg had 3 days of non-rain in January but we also got 12.4 inches of rain. :/ Yuck.

Nancy
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote