Northern Oregon Gathering - Fall Event 2009 - Page 9 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2009, 08:18 AM   #161

Trailer: 1977 Surfside
Registry
We had a blast! It was fun to all of you again! We couldn't believe the weather! and so much food! We'll see you again in Waterloo! in the meantime Happy Camping!
theresa shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:02 AM   #162

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Quote:
Norma uploaded her pics to her Scamp Camping ShutterFly site.
The link is in our signature.
Thanks - those photos gave a great sense of the event and the area. Looks like it was a lot of fun, with some crisp "good sleeping weather" at night :exactly

I found myself thinking "I wonder if that's so-and-so" as I saw various people.

I have a shelter question: Someone had a lightweight looking freestanding (i.e. not attached to the trailer) awning. It happened to have a peace sign on the back and/or was blue and green (not sure if that was the same one). Can anyone tell me what kind that is? I like the look, and it looks lighter than an EZ- or First-up.

Thanks,

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:50 AM   #163

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
Raya,

That belongs to Sharen and Simon. Her rv moniker is HeathGal.

I have a shelter question: Someone had a lightweight looking freestanding (i.e. not attached to the trailer) awning. It happened to have a peace sign on the back and/or was blue and green (not sure if that was the same one). Can anyone tell me what kind that is? I like the look, and it looks lighter than an EZ- or First-up.

Charlene Urso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:53 PM   #164

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I've got some catching up to do! I was only online briefly this morning to post the Fall NOG 2010 info..

Anyway, I had a BLAST! The weather was terrific, and the people are the absolute BEST. There were a couple of snags, but we'll just consider those "Lessons Learned."

I'm going to blame Sharen and Simon, er.... thank them for the SPECTACULAR weather. Wherever they go, I think we should all plan on following I was one of the ones that came early (Wed) and stayed late (Monday AM) and boy am I glad I did. I highly recommend an extended time.

Thanks to everyone that pitched in to help wherever needed and those that brought tables for the pot lucks. Couldn't have done it without you!

The newbies were not bashful... which is good around this crowd. Everyone fits in!

I did end up with a couple of items, one is a small battery operated lantern and the other a silver-in-color tray. If either are yours send me a PM and I'll see if I can get them back to you.

Thanks too for those that are posting pictures. I'll relive some memories throughout this winter while waiting for the Spring NOG.

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:24 PM   #165

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
Quote:
Thanks - those photos gave a great sense of the event and the area. Looks like it was a lot of fun, with some crisp "good sleeping weather" at night :exactly

I found myself thinking "I wonder if that's so-and-so" as I saw various people.

Thanks,

Raya
We endured those dang "EZ-ups" - the ones with heavy-duty (ha!) accordian-style tops - until one summer when a gust of wind took it and twisted the durn thang into a mass of metal-mumble-jumble. It ended up in the trash.

So I bought a simple version... the blue, lightweight rig you saw at site 67... with the PEACE sign, although the PEACE sign is an after-market-add-on. They're easy to assemble... cost $30 at Wal-Mart. We had two of them at Stub Stewart, one as a "roof," the other as a "wall shelter" from the oh-so-welcome SUN!

All that said, it does not stand alone, like EZ-ups do... the blue rig needs to be tethered down. But as I said, they're "easy," and "forgiving," thus they are far less destructable.

I hope that answers your question.
Cheers,
Sharen

HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:58 PM   #166

Trailer: 1977 Surfside
Registry
Donna, I think that lantern might be ours, one has gone astray! Theresa & Al
theresa shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:38 PM   #167

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Donna, I think that lantern might be ours, one has gone astray! Theresa & Al
Sent you a PM Theresa.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:01 PM   #168

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Quote:
They're easy to assemble... cost $30 at Wal-Mart.
Thanks, Sharen I think I found it on Wal-Mart's website thanks to your tip: The Ozark Trail Dining Canopy. It's here if anyone else is interested:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?...uct_id=10993394
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:41 PM   #169

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
Quote:
Norma uploaded her pics to her Scamp Camping ShutterFly site.
The link is in our signature.
Thanks Norma... wonderful pix. I'd forgotten my camera, so I'm so glad you posted these. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to YOU! Don't you have a birthday today... 3 days after Paul?

Come on over to Whidbey sometime for a visit!
Cheers,
Sharen
HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:03 PM   #170

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Escape
Registry
Now that this thread has been moved into the archives, I don't know how many people are going to see it.

Kathleen, the dogs and I all enjoyed our first NOG very much. Sadly, we didn't arrive until Saturday, and we never even got to the west loop. So many people who I didn't get a chance to properly speak with. I did not even realise that Sharen=HeathGal. Particular thanks to Peter for showing me his rockets, to Bill for the warmth and assistance, Donna for running the whole show, Louise for the practical ideas, Vivian for the conversation and Taylor for going above and beyond. I wanted to see Penneys Turtle, but that did not happen.

I am not sure that we will get to another NOG, but we will always remember this as a wonderful time.
Ron Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:16 PM   #171

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp (Egg Salad Annie)
Registry
Thank you Ron and Kathleen for sharing you Thanksgiving dinner<Canadian> It was a wonderful gathering. the skys waited tell Tue to let loose, The rains are here.Hope we meet again
Taylor Kissinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 01:54 PM   #172
Commercial Member

Trailer: 1988 Scamp 13 ft and 1982 Perris Pacer 13 ft
Registry
Quote:
And a special note to NOG Newbies - Yes, you Robert with the shiny Scamp & Jeep ensemble, and Barbara's "Stevie Ray" - and all other Newbies... we do hope you enjoyed yourselves and will come back again and again.

Cheers all, and thanks so much for making the Fall NOG a wonderful event!
Sharen & Simon
P.S. I also meant to say how great it was to see Charlene, foot in cast, on the mend! You go girl! Mend on!
Sharen,
Thanks for making me feel so at home. And thanks to all who stopped by for a look and the kind words regarding my Scamp renovation. Only wish my wife Audrey could have met you all. Looking forward to the next Gathering.

RJ
Robert Johans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:29 PM   #173

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0
Washington
Thank you * Thank you * Thank you

To all of our new friends who welcomed us to our first gathering including
Paul & Norma whom we met on the road; they guided us thru Portland. We were warmly greeted upon arrival by our neighbors, Jacquie & Bill, Barbara, Sharen & Simon, et al.
Mike & Nancy were generous not only with their food, but also their advice. (Mike let Judy bend his ear without protest) Everyone we met was terrific!...and we are looking forward to meeting more in the future!
All in all, it was a really wonderful experience and we are looking forward to joining the group on another outing.
Best Wishes to All!
Larry, Judy & Kasey
Judy Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:20 PM   #174

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
Hi Everyone we had a great time, lots of good memories. Here is a short video of the Beer Exchange. Can't wait till spring.
http://gallery.me.com/dnewlyn/100049

Hope you enjoy it - we sure did!

Happy Trails

Dave&Kathie

Dave and Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote