Northern Oregon Gathering - Fall Event 2009 - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-03-2009, 08:06 PM   #41

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
were there, see ya in site 14. 1996 bigfoot truck camper 1500.

brandon, teresa, lilly, justine
Cool. I've always wanted to see the inside of one.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:17 AM   #42

Trailer: Scamp 1978
Well as far as I can tell the east was full so I reserved a spot in the west as a newbie with a 13 ft Scamp that needs lots of work. I am looking forward to this event. Lucy
Lucy Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:26 AM   #43

Great Lucy! There's others in the west side and maybe more to come. What site did you reserve? I'd like to update the map and listing on the first page.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:39 AM   #44

Trailer: Casita
Hey Donna, I'm going to register right now for Shirley and I and Jake, the wonder dog, to come to the NOG. Yes, I love the little guy, and we'll have him along. We are looking for a seeing eye Dog for him.

What's the weather "likely" to be like then?

Thanks,

EKW
Keith Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:04 AM   #45

Keith, it's really difficult to predict. Last year's October NOG it POURED rain Wed/Thurs. Some had frozen waterpipes (to the hose bib) Fri/Sat, the days were relatively warm and dry however. Didn't slow us down much for having fun. It was completely dry during the potlucks and campfires were nice and warming. It also taught me how long the nights can be when cold (I now have an electric blanket!).

This NOG will be 60 miles further north and about 50 miles further west. We're hoping for the VERY best, but because we have molded lightweight fiberglass trailers we can prepare for the possibility of rain. EZ-Ups are always nice to have if necessary!

How's that for being wishy-washy
Old 08-09-2009, 09:22 AM   #46

Quote:
Keith, it's really difficult to predict. Last year's October NOG it POURED rain Wed/Thurs. Some had frozen waterpipes (to the hose bib) Fri/Sat, the days were relatively warm and dry however. Didn't slow us down much for having fun. It was completely dry during the potlucks and campfires were nice and warming. It also taught me how long the nights can be when cold (I now have an electric blanket!).

This NOG will be 60 miles further north and about 50 miles further west. We're hoping for the VERY best, but because we have molded lightweight fiberglass trailers we can prepare for the possibility of rain. EZ-Ups are always nice to have if necessary!

How's that for being wishy-washy

Well, thanks Donna for fixing my post. I just reserved Site # 8 in the West Side Loop and we will arrive on Thursday the 8th and depart Monday morning, the 12th. We are really looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing this part of the country. I have been up to Portland on business, in my past life, but we have never toured up there.

We are planning on leaving Denver around September 25 th and working our way up there via Yellowstone, etc. Then after the NOG, make a loop down the West coast, Redwoods, Wine Country, SF, maybe Yosemite, Phoenix, then home. Probably 5 0r 6 weeks of travel.

Anyway, thanks for the weather tips and "wishy-washy" is good. I like the electric blanket idea. I'll also be bringing some DO stuff. We love cooking that way. BTW, what's an EZ-Up?? Canopy?

See ya!

EKW
Old 08-09-2009, 10:20 PM   #47

Trailer: 2009 12.5 ft Little Joe
Just made our reservation in the West Loop #10. Picked up our Little Joe a month ago in Colorado from Marty Weis. We LOVE our new little 12.5 foot trailer!
Martha and Wolf, San Jose CA
Martha H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:18 AM   #48

A Little Joe! Another trailer I haven't seen in person.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:21 AM   #49

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Mike and Sandy from Tacoma, WA will be in West Camp site #9.

Missed out on the 2010 NOG, and nearly missed this one.

We need to find bigger campgrounds, like Waterloo, Bandon and Fort Langley, BC.

Looking forward to seeing all again.

Mike
Mike Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:42 AM   #50

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
Holy Stubbin Stewarts!!! What a lot of crampers we have coming. Wild!!!

The summer is just slipping away, and while I don't like that, I do like looking forward to the Fall NOG.
See ya!
Sharen Heath
HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:15 PM   #51
Commercial Member

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Deb of (Deb and Chuck), has space East 65 reserved. Chuck will be out of town but I will brave it alone with a girlfriend for moral support. I didn't want to miss a NOG! Advance Fair Warning: I may need help backing the trailer into my space when I get there on Friday. I haven't had much backing up practice, but I'm working on it.
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:58 PM   #52

Quote:
Deb of (Deb and Chuck), has space East 65 reserved. Chuck will be out of town but I will brave it alone with a girlfriend for moral support. I didn't want to miss a NOG! [b]Advance Fair Warning: I may need help backing the trailer into my space when I get there on Friday. I haven't had much backing up practice, but I'm working on it.
I'll have a lawn chair and a movie camera! Is that the type of support you mean?? Kidding....

So, which trailer you bringing? And what's your gal friend's name?? I want to fix the list on the front page.

Boy is Chuck going to miss some fun!
Old 08-12-2009, 08:05 PM   #53
Commercial Member

Trailer: 1988 Scamp 13 ft and 1982 Perris Pacer 13 ft
Registry
Please add my wife and I to the list of participants!
Robert Johans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:07 PM   #54

Quote:
Please add my wife and I to the list of participants!
Sure will, what site did you reserve and what's the wife's name!!

Old 08-12-2009, 08:44 PM   #55
Commercial Member

Quote:
I'll have a lawn chair and a movie camera! Is that the type of support you mean?? Kidding....

So, which trailer you bringing? And what's your gal friend's name?? I want to fix the list on the front page.

Boy is Chuck going to miss some fun!
Donna,
PLEEEEEESE No movie camera, it will be permanently etched in my mind as it is. I will have a couple of questions just for you Donna, like which end of the trailer does the sewer hose go on?
My friend's name is Carol, and I don't think she has ever been trailer camping(?) My intention is to bring the 17 ft. Bigfoot this time.
Deb
Old 08-12-2009, 09:03 PM   #56

Quote:
Donna,
PLEEEEEESE No movie camera, it will be permanently etched in my mind as it is. I will have a couple of questions just for you Donna, like which end of the trailer does the sewer hose go on?
My friend's name is Carol, and I don't think she has ever been trailer camping(?) My intention is to bring the 17 ft. Bigfoot this time.
Deb
Sewer hose, rear bath Bigfoot? Don't worry, we'll help with all that stuff when you get here. And, I don't even own a movie camera... just jerking you around for fun. Remember, you'll be among friends.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:58 PM   #57

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Escape
Registry
I have a HD camcorder, so we're all set.
Ron Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:28 PM   #58
Commercial Member

Quote:
I have a HD camcorder, so we're all set.
I can't wait for my movie debut!
Deb
Old 08-13-2009, 11:49 AM   #59

Does anyone know how far it is between the East and West Loops? Just wondering if it's right next door or what.

Thanks,

EKW
Old 08-13-2009, 01:57 PM   #60

Quote:
Does anyone know how far it is between the East and West Loops? Just wondering if it's right next door or what.

Thanks,

EKW
I've never been there, but plan on making an excursion run sometime shortly after Labor Day. I'll take some photos and find out more and post my findings. Right now it looks like there's a "hiking trail" between the two loops. Bet you'll want some wheels to go between the two loops if you make the trip too many times. Sorta like between A Loop and C Loop in Bullard's!