Northern Oregon Gathering, Fall Event - Page 9 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2007, 08:17 PM   #161

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
Sorry Gina, just got home a few hours ago - haven't downloaded our pics yet. Suffice it to say we had a great time! The weather (except for Thursday eve) was perfect, beautiful peaceful park. Got reacquainted with old friends and made some great new friends. Ate our way through the weekend, tried firsbee golf (frolf) went bike riding (you get the picture... ).

The folks in 2 big Rv's across from us came over this morning and said how nice it was to have the eggs in camp this weekend, when I told them it was the North Oregon Gathering, aka the NOG - they said 'how cute the egg NOG'

Thanks again to Donna for organizing this fun time and Happy Trails to all.

Dave & Kathie

Dave and Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:25 PM   #162

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
Greetings Egg NOG-gers...

Returning with drippy headcold notwithstanding, Simon and I had a wonderful time at Champoeg with all of you. Yes, you love to cook - especially Dutch oven style - and EAT, so we have a lot in common. The sights, smells and tastes of your potluck dishes, well, they were awesome to see and indescribably yummy. You impressed the heck out of us. We're still talking about the tomale pie, lasagne, cinnamon rolls, baked apples & raisins, and Kathy's French Toast and all the rest. Oh my!

Our homeward drive up the 5 back to Whidbey Island was happily uneventful, with the anticipated aggrevating slog approaching the Tacoma Dome. What's that about?

I've secured A-16 for the April gathering at Champoeg (we plan to arrive Thursday, Apr 24) - a nice spot for us and the dogs, with open space behind. We see that others have snagged sites as well. Good job. And yes, if we can reserve the meeting hall that might provide enough insurance that the sun will reign. Hardy har...

Special thanks to our non-organizing organizer Donna. Attagirl.

With abundant thanks,
Sharen & Simon
HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:43 PM   #163

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Trillium
Quote:
*Puts on little old lady voice.. and screams*

Where's the pics?
OK Gina, here are a couple of pics for you!

Gil, just so you know...Dillon & Riley haven't stopped talking about you & horseshoes!!!

Sharon

Name:   boys_NOG.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  41.5 KB
Attached Images

Sharon Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:14 PM   #164

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I had a GREAT time thanks to everyone that participated! This isn't MY event, this is OUR event. And in that vein, I've started the Spring event topic. I'd suggest getting your reservations in right away. Anne and I were going to swap sites, but someone had already taken A18 and A20, so I've moved across the street... that will leave the outer area for the folks with pets.

My digital camera had dead batteries, so I bought a disposable (print) camera and it's gonna be a while before the pictures are all taken (have your eyes adjusted back to normal Eric??) poor guy, I about blinded him with the flash.

Hope everyone got home okay, and we'll see y'all in the Spring!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 03:09 PM   #165

Oregon
Registry
Hi folks , again, we had a great time - here are some pics (for Gina ). See ya' in the Spring

Champoeg NOG

Dave & Kathie

Old 10-16-2007, 03:24 PM   #166

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Trillium
Quote:
here are some pics
Champoeg NOG

Dave & Kathie

D & K,

Those pics are FABULOUS!!!! Thank you so much for posting. What kind of camera do you use?

S.
Sharon Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 01:56 PM   #167

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
Kathie, not only are your images artfully done, but the entire presentation package is lovely and totally enviable. What program are you using for the presentation - the masking tape and hand printed type, and oh, the slight reflection of each image... well, it's simply the BEST I've seen. You are a master... or is it Dave? In any case, kudos for a wonderful look back to a charming NOG weekend. Many thanks for sharing.

Be well,
Sharen with an E
HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 06:32 AM   #168

Oregon
Registry
Sharon & Sharen,

Thanks - Dave takes the pics and posts the webpage. The camera is a Sony Alpha DSLR (new from Sony, who bought out Minolta who bought out Konica or something like that). The webpage is from iPhoto to a .mac account - pretty easy to use. iPhoto is part of iLife packaged with most newer Macs or it can be purchased separately. You can whip up a webpage in no time(and no spam or flashing ads attached). Next Spring, Dave wants to take more pics of folks with their trailers. Hope you all have a safe winter and happy holidays.

Kathie

Old 10-18-2007, 03:28 PM   #169

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
Great photos, Dave!
Thanks for posting them. A treat to look back and remember the fun. It was also fun to check out your Beverly Beach photos! Glad to hear everyone made it home ok. See you in the spring.
Charlene
Charlene Urso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 04:56 PM   #170

Trailer: 1998 17-ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Suite 17' on door
Dave & Kathie,
Outstanding. Great photos. You both have an artistic touch. Your photos captured the many moments that made the Champoeg Egg NOG gathering special. Hope to see you and everyone else in the spring. Next time my wife will be there.
Thanks again, for everything,
Gary & Denise
Gary Stutzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:51 AM   #171

Trailer: Compact Jr 1972
Quote:
Hey Ya'all!

Whuuzzup?

Well, my husband and I are going to drive over from Bend and bring the tent!
The CJ is snug as a bug in the garage...until we give it a rightful name and a new paint job.

So- we will meet you and...if you will let us..take a look at your "eggs?" Someone please tell us where that name came from!

We will "wing it" and try and find a site for a "tent". Otherwise, I guess we will do a "day trip".
So excited!

Tootles!

Stacey & Martin
[b]Compact Jr. Stacey![b] I'm so glad to hear you're coming!! Have you been watching the "modifications" forums for what my brother is doing/discussing with other CJ owners and interested parties? Certainly I'd love to show you a Compact Jr. that is not full of dry-rot! (Or wet rot!)

Can't you bring your Compact Jr. shell and sleep in it?

At any rate, all of you faithful NOG registrees, let it be known that Karen Langlois has obtained sites for my (Cory Hilby's) Compact Jr. and her Burro. Sites A45 & A47. (I don't know who gets which!) Hopefully there will be no schedule conflicts arise between now & then! (And also that we both will have new curtains in our eggs by then!)

I may have dogs Benzer (now-11 year old black lab mix) and Joey (3 year old Red Australian Cattle Dog) with me, and Karen perhaps Chase (7 year old black lab).

Cory
Attached Thumbnails
Karen_Langlois_and_Chase_LESS_PIXELS_at_Twin_Harbors_SP_7_1_07_016.jpg   Cory___Dogs___Compact_Jr._LESS_PIXELS_at_Twin_Harbors_SP_7_1_07_001.jpg  

Cory Hilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 10:02 AM   #172

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
[b]Compact Jr. Stacey![b] I'm so glad to hear you're coming!! Have you been watching the "modifications" forums for what my brother is doing/discussing with other CJ owners and interested parties? Certainly I'd love to show you a Compact Jr. that is not full of dry-rot! (Or wet rot!)

Can't you bring your Compact Jr. shell and sleep in it?

At any rate, all of you faithful NOG registrees, let it be known that Karen Langlois has obtained sites for my (Cory Hilby's) Compact Jr. and her Burro. Sites A45 & A47. (I don't know who gets which!) Hopefully there will be no schedule conflicts arise between now & then! (And also that we both will have new curtains in our eggs by then!)

I may have dogs Benzer (now-11 year old black lab mix) and Joey (3 year old Red Australian Cattle Dog) with me, and Karen perhaps Chase (7 year old black lab).

Cory

Time travel?
Old 11-11-2007, 10:02 PM   #173

Trailer: Compact Jr 1972
Arrow

Quote:
Time travel?
Why. . .yes,. . .uh. . .you haven't been reading the "Modifications" forums, have you? My brother's been making wonderful improvements on my Compact Jr. A Time-Travel switch is just one little thing he came up with. ("Cough cough" heard in background and Cory typing one-handed as the other is behind her back w/ fingers crossed.)

Does this mean I missed Compact Jr. Stacey?

Linda and Dale noticed my time-travel, too.

Cory
Cory Hilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:14 AM   #174

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I think the problem is, you replied in the FALL event topic. This event happened in October. You said: "Compact Jr. Stacey! I'm so glad to hear you're coming!! " but you posted in November.

Did you actually mean to reply in Northern Oregon Gathering - Spring Event, which is coming up in April?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote