Northern Oregon Gathering, Fall Event - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2007, 06:46 AM   #41

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
We would have liked to be "closer to the action"... or not... LOL, so that's how we ended up with A-1. Also please a head-up on any newbie initiation rituals. We wish to be forewarned... No yoke.
Sharen (HeathGal)
Yeah, the goat...welllll.

No rituals, no defined schedule, lots of lawn chair and vistin' time. Only thing you need to do is make a NAME TAG. We had a bunch of really creative name tags last time... hope everyone remembers to bring them.

Currently, two members that have reservations have their trailers up for sale (Pat & Paul - BigFoot 5th Wheel, and Ron N. 2007 17.5 BigFoot), both have made reservations and are in the thick of things in A Loop (Sites A33 & A35), if either can't make it I hope they'll post and let folks know. It would cost $6 to change your reservation to a different site, but you may want to do it.

It appears we're going to have a bunch of newbies And in two months we'll all meet.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 09:29 AM   #42

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
Thanks Donna.
Yes, if a space closer to the action opens up, we'd spring for the sixer and switch. However, if there's no action where the action is, do we get a refund?

Today we're picking up our tow vehicle...
settled on a 99 Toyota 4Runner with sunroof for the critters, Keeper and True.
Didn't think the Forester was up to it.

Cheers all,
HeathGal
HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:47 AM   #43

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Okay, We couldn't miss all the fun and since we have to work in Washington that weekend we are coming in Wednesday and leaving Friday morning. We will be keeping Ann's space warm for her. A20.

Since we will be missing all of the fun during the weekend, we are planning to have a campfire in our space Thursday night and any one who wants to come is invited. We will probibly be dutch oven cooking, and I think Gil and Kathy will too so come by, have a taste, visit or bring something to add to the dinner and we will have an Early Bird Dinner. How does that sound?

That's space A20 Thursday evening for an early bird, NOG dinner and campfire. If you want, feel free to contact us.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 08:47 AM   #44

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
Oooh, that sounds like fun, Linda! Dennis and I will join you on Thursday for the early NOG potluck. We'll also plan to make something in our DOs. Gil, Dennis says to tell you that he hopes you will be bringing some of your great salsa! Can't wait!

Charlene
Charlene Urso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:29 PM   #45

Glad to have you and Dennis join us, Charlene. We have been having so much fun with our dutch ovens that I look forward to sharing and learning other tips. And you are welcome to set your ovens with ours for the cooking process if you want.

And anyone is welcome to come whether you have a dutch oven or not.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:06 AM   #46

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Widebody Burro
I'll bring a Dutch Oven to the potluck, also!

Adonna
Adonna & Bob Roelke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:47 AM   #47

That sounds really great, Adonna. The more the merrier.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:41 PM   #48

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
Quote:
Glad to have you and Dennis join us, Charlene. We have been having so much fun with our dutch ovens that I look forward to sharing and learning other tips. And you are welcome to set your ovens with ours for the cooking process if you want.
And anyone is welcome to come whether you have a dutch oven or not.
Thanks, Linda. That would be fun to be together while things are cooking.

Charlene
Charlene Urso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:37 AM   #49

Name: Chris & Maureen
Trailer: Bigfoot
Washington
I am sorry to let you know that my brother and his family will not be able to attend the NOG after all. So as soon as the cancellation is processed, Site A34 should be available (listed under Kevin, Kelli and Sabrina).

We are still planning to attend and are looking forward to seeing everybody in October.

Maureen & Chris
Maureen M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:24 PM   #50

Trailer: 1994 20 ft Bigfoot 5th Wheel / Toyota Tacoma SR5
Pat and Paul are still going to be there....We will not be in the 5er though.

We are going to bring our new to us fiberglass motor home made by Winnebago. It's a 25' Minnie Winnie.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0092.JPG  
jrnutpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 06:33 PM   #51

Quote:
Pat and Paul are still going to be there....We will not be in the 5er though.
We are going to bring our new to us fiberglass motor home made by Winnebago. It's a 25' Minnie Winnie.
We'll forgive you.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:51 PM   #52

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
We'd kind of changed our minds a bit and thought we'd go ahead and pull the trailer across the freeway. The campground appears to be full so guess we'll just have to go back to plan A and day trip.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:42 AM   #53

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
Byron,
Keep checking - you never know if there will be a cancellation (we have gotten into Champoeg last minute before)
Kathie

Dave and Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:07 AM   #54

Trailer: 1994 20 ft Bigfoot 5th Wheel / Toyota Tacoma SR5
The last time we drove over to the park we did not have a reservation...We were given one of the two spaces they do not reserve and use for those last minute arrivals, Perhaps if you went over on Friday morning in the car you could snag one.

Paul
jrnutpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:34 AM   #55

Quote:
Byron,
Keep checking - you never know if there will be a cancellation (we have gotten into Champoeg last minute before)
Kathie
Yeah, and since you're small and don't require hookups, you even have a better chance.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:56 PM   #56

Registry
I just now checked Reserve America. Site A30 was open, but no anymore. We'll be there.

See ya all at NOG
Old 09-12-2007, 01:06 PM   #57

Quote:
I just now checked Reserve America. Site A30 was open, but no anymore. We'll be there.

See ya all at NOG
I'll fix the map tonight!
Old 09-12-2007, 04:49 PM   #58

Trailer: 1998 17-ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Suite 17' on door
Hi Donna,
My wife and I just purchased a used Casita, saving us the trip to Rice, Texas to pick up a new one. We've been researching fiberglass RVs for some time and were directed to Rich and Debbie's home in Portland to see their 17-foot 2006 Liberty model. We even went to Bandon in July to see other Casitas and Scamps. We decided then to go ahead and get one. It's not new, but its very close to pefect in all respects. We'd like to take part in the October Northern Oregon gathering at Champoeg, but fear it might be too late. I know nothing about RVing, but from what I have been able to find out, Champoeg has only 12 full slots. I'm going to go ahead and see what is available and hope to see you all there.
Gary and Denise
Gary Stutzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:36 PM   #59

Hey Gary! Check out the information on the top post of this topic. You'll find we're all in A Loop which only has electric and water hookups. If you want FULL hook ups you'll need to reserve in B Loop. Byron indicated the park was full, but he kept checking back until a site opened up. If you can't get a reservation today... one may open up tomorrow. Then too, someone who's with the NOG group may need to cancel, so keep an eye on this topic and if you see that kind of postig... jump on Reserve America!

Hope to see you there!
Old 09-12-2007, 09:09 PM   #60

Registry
You might want to call the park office at 503-678-1251 and ask about the overflow area.