Northern Oregon Gathering - Fall Event - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2008, 12:45 AM   #101

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Mike and I are arriving on Friday... hopefully around noon. Can't wait to see you all!

Nancy
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:49 AM   #102

Trailer: 2009 Casita Freedom Deluxe
Sorry I can't join you this weekend. I just sold my Scamp. I'm cancelling my reservation for B27 so it's up for grabs.

Have lots of fun for me!!!
Joyce
Joyce U. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:17 AM   #103

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Trillium
Hola!

This is a good news, bad news, good news post. First the good news (at least I hope you think it's good news) Dillon, Riley, Gertie and I are coming tomorrow. Now the bad news (maybe you won't really care) the TIKI Bar will not be coming. Now the other good news (I'm sure you will like this one) once you come on by and have a martini or two, you won't really notice that the TIKI Bar didn't make it. With the rain in the forecast for Thursday, it's more than I can handle (yes, I have many limitations). I also have too choose between firewood and the TIKI Bar.

Safe travels to all my trailer trash friends..... (can you guess who refers to me and all of you as that?)
Sharon Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:49 PM   #104

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
Dennis, Luna and I will also be coming up tomorrow. We'll arrive in the evening and will see you soon! Safe travels to all of you and yes, Sharon, we'll forget all about the Tiki bar once your pomegranate martini has touched the lips. Looking forward to seeing you!

Charlene
Charlene Urso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:46 PM   #105

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Does anyone know how the reception is for wireless or cell phones at the campground?
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:29 PM   #106

Trailer: 1999 Scamp 16 ft ('The Pod')
Be sure to bring your warm fuzzies. The latest forecast is for frost! Brrrrr!
Vivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:45 PM   #107

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Safe travels to all my trailer trash friends..... (can you guess who refers to me and all of you as that?)
Someone who loves us Yeah, the Tiki Bar needs a real hot day to enjoy.

Drive safe Sharon, we'll see you and the boys and Swiffer tomorrow.

Vivian... I thought warm fuzzies was a drink made with Hot Chocolate and Peppermint Schnapps... hummmm, wheels are turning.... hummmm
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:52 PM   #108

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
Sharrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrron...
Simon and I are more than happy to bring 3x the amount of firewood if you WILL BRING the Tiki Bar. And we have some accoutrements to go with the bar that we've been collecting since last we linked. Lights too.

Frost or no FROST, you are goin' (no G) to look pretty durn HOT in the grass skirt and coconut bra we have found for you from our local thrift shop. Ok OK OK you are allowed to wear this Aloha git-up over top of your REI turtleneck and GORE-TEXtm jaclet... we're not THAT fussy. Eric, we trust you are packing your Hawaiian Aloha shirt.

Simon and I shall be departing Whidbey Island sometime before nooners tomorrow, Thursday, headin' (no G) fer Silverfalls. I'm bringin' (no G) a pot of Chile I just made today... will try baking corn bread in the Dutch Oven for Saturday night potluck.

This is going to be way fun.

Charlene & Dennis, we have some catchin' (no G) up to do, and you know what I'm sayin' (no G).

This is goin' to be way fun.

Cheers all,
Sharen & Simon & the fuzzybutts

Quote:
Hola!

This is a good news, bad news, good news post. First the good news (at least I hope you think it's good news) Dillon, Riley, Gertie and I are coming tomorrow. Now the bad news (maybe you won't really care) the TIKI Bar will not be coming. Now the other good news (I'm sure you will like this one) once you come on by and have a martini or two, you won't really notice that the TIKI Bar didn't make it. With the rain in the forecast for Thursday, it's more than I can handle (yes, I have many limitations). I also have too choose between firewood and the TIKI Bar.

HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:23 PM   #109

Trailer: Bigfoot 17 ft Gaucho
Lorn and I will arrive friday, A45.

eric
Ericpa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:06 PM   #110

Trailer: 1988 19 ft Scamp
Linda and Dale,

There is no cell reception at the campground. If you are coming in from Highway 22, there is a lookout viewpoint just before you get to the park entrance where you can pick up a cell signal.

I'm not sure if there is anyplace where you can pick up a WIFI signal.

-Isaac
Isaac M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 12:37 AM   #111

Trailer: 2000 Northern Lite (The TARDIS)
Mailie and I will be arriving Thursday afternoon. Donna, you can put us down for a couple of your name tag holders. Latest weather report has an advisory for temps in the low 30's over the weekend, BRRRRRR...
Wayne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 05:12 AM   #112

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Mailie and I will be arriving Thursday afternoon. Donna, you can put us down for a couple of your name tag holders. Latest weather report has an advisory for temps in the low 30's over the weekend, BRRRRRR...
WHAT? No duct tape?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:42 AM   #113

Trailer: 2005 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft
See you all on Friday -- with luck, arriving late morning. Looking forward to the Friday night NOG fire; I'm always in for a excuse to eat camp fire hot dogs (and a good cocktail or two).

D
Old 10-09-2008, 12:49 PM   #114

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp (Egg Salad Annie)
Registry
Quote:
See you all on Friday -- with luck, arriving late morning. Looking forward to the Friday night NOG fire; I'm always in for a excuse to eat camp fire hot dogs (and a good cocktail or two).

It will be good to see you again.We camped next to each other at Bandon. Silver falls will be the start of a week and a half camping trip for us.
See ya <Campfire Coffee for me> . I am bringing Linda the amazing shrinking Woman
Taylor Kissinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:40 PM   #115

Trailer: 2005 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft
Quote:
It will be good to see you again.
Yes indeed. S&I were excited to see that you both will be there! Last time we saw you, you were leaving Bandon to go see a man about a fifthwheel!! See you soon, D
Old 10-09-2008, 03:11 PM   #116

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp (Egg Salad Annie)
Registry
Quote:
Yes indeed. S&I were excited to see that you both will be there! Last time we saw you, you were leaving Bandon to go see a man about a fifthwheel!! See you soon, D

We saw the man and bought the 5er. It was destined to be.
Taylor Kissinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 07:30 PM   #117

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
We wish everyone attending the Fall NOG a wonderful weekend at Silverfalls. Wish we could join in the fun, but we'll be thinkin' of you-all just the same. Take care, L 'n D
Old 10-09-2008, 08:12 PM   #118

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
We hope everyone at the gathering has a great time, what ever the weather. May the warm spirits of friendship keep you laughing and smiling. We will watch for the notice of the spring event and try again to ty a vacation onto the gathering. Best regards from Canada.
Kent I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:59 PM   #119

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
If anyone at this gathering is online. I cancelled this morning.

My site 38 would be available for someone to move to if a drive-in hasn't already gotten it.

It's available today through Tuesday.

I ran into snow before the border and turned around. I won 't pull the Scamp in snow unless I have to. I didn't have to. The snow prior to the border was quite a bit and the road was slippery.

As I drove back south I encountered snow where I'd just come from for about 20 miles or so. Not a lot but it was starting to stick on the road.

I know I can run into snow this time of the year so my plan had been to continue on into to Oregon if there was no snow on the Siskayou's. I wasn't worried about my return trip next week as I would have all the time in the world to get home. I didn't have all that time to sit around prior to the gathering, if I sat around in CA or southern OR you would have headed home before I got there.

Hope you all had a great time.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:04 PM   #120

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
dang.. I hate it when that happens! You are right.. snow can happen ANYTIME in the siskyous and I always have an alternate route when traveling in the winter.

It hardly seems time tho, eh?

Not that it makes it any better, but they are forcasting a dusting of snow for my neighborhood tonite and tomorrow morning.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote