Northern Oregon Gathering, On the Move! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-10-2006, 05:28 PM   #15

Name: Linda and Dale and Dallas the cat
Trailer: 1984 Fiber Stream
California
Okay, our first gathering. We called and she said 30 was available so I guess we will be there. 30A in October. Dale says we can at least bring our 10 by 10 for over the table even if it is drizzling. Now be nice, this is our first time.

Old 08-10-2006, 06:03 PM   #16

Name: Anne
Trailer: Escape 17 ft 2006 / 2005 Honda Pilot
Oregon
Registry
My crew (me and 2 greyhounds) will be in 34A . First time for me too -

my new egg hasn't even hatched yet!! But since I'm picking it up on Labor Day - it should be fully cooked by mid-October

Hoping for

Anne H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:32 PM   #17

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Anne, are you buying "Factory Direct" in Chilly Wack, near us here in Canada, or elsewhere?
Old 08-10-2006, 09:18 PM   #18

California
Okay, being new, I get to ask some dumb questions. Is there horseshoes, cribbage, movie swaps, group breakfasts, and what is this about dutch ovens? Are there cooking classes, gps caching trips, photo showing, computer classes? What should we come prepared for, with and ready to do?
Old 08-10-2006, 09:52 PM   #19

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Okay, being new, I get to ask some dumb questions. Is there horseshoes, cribbage, movie swaps, group breakfasts, and what is this about dutch ovens? Are there cooking classes, gps caching trips, photo showing, computer classes? What should we come prepared for, with and ready to do?
If you're into geocaching there's a couple caches close by. If you have a gps and don't know how to use it, I'll try to help.

Usually there's a potluck dinner Saturday evening. I think there was a pot luck Friday evening at the last one. I didn't get there until a bit late. But I'll be there early this time.

There's a couple people that do the dutch oven thing, I just started doing that and still learning. I'll probably bring mine. I've been trying to perfect a dutch oven breakfast. I make much more than Anne and I can eat, so I'm willing to share.

Mostly we sit around and swap stories, look at trailers, and eat. Oh, and throw fire wood on the fire.

More than likely I'll be bringing some wood and carving knives so I can sit around the camp fire and make chips.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:06 PM   #20

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Linda&Dale, we can do whatever we want to do! That sounds pretty opened ended, but it's true. If you want to swap movies, let us know and others may bring movies to swap too. Don't know if there's any horseshoe pits (maybe someone who calls to make a reservation can ask and post the information here ). I love to play cards...cribbage, etc. so maybe we could do that in the evening? Nancy is probably the most experienced at Dutch Oven cooking, so if she and Michael are able to make it, I bet we could twist her arm and get her to give us all a bit of a lesson.

This is a pretty small group...if you really want to be busy...ya gotta go to the HUGE Oregon Gathering next July.

Byron's right...we spend a lot of time eating

Heavens...my computer's stay home!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:08 PM   #21

California
If you like geocaching, we like to do that, we are known as the Riddlers, since we are from Riddle, Oregon on the caching forums. And there are some great caches in the area. We would be glad to help anyone interested too. We also used to be pretty good at horseshoes once upon a time.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:17 PM   #22

California
Donna D.:
Linda&Dale, we can do whatever we want to do! That sounds pretty opened ended, but it's true.

If you want to swap movies, let us know and others may bring movies to swap too.
We have several that we would be glad to swap out if others are interested.

Don't know if there's any horseshoe pits (maybe someone who calls to make a reservation can ask and post the information here ). The park websight lists horshoe pits as one of the things to do.

I love to play cards...cribbage, etc. so maybe we could do that in the evening? I would love to find somone who can beat Dale and give him more of a challenge than I do.

Nancy is probably the most experienced at Dutch Oven cooking, so if she and Michael are able to make it, I bet we could twist her arm and get her to give us all a bit of a lesson. I would be glad to bring a dutch oven if someone wanted to show us how to use it.

This is a pretty small group...if you really want to be busy...ya gotta go to the HUGE Oregon Gathering next July.
Our trailer wasn't born until after your July gathering.

We like eating, and cooking can be fun. And I love burnt marshmellows.

Heavens...my computer's stay home!
I usually bring my laptop to do photos and maps and things like that when we are on the road.

We also want to see how everyone else has handled their mods and made their trailers even better.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:25 PM   #23

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
We like eating, and cooking can be fun. And I love burnt marshmellows.
Time for some education. Burn marshmellows are out, burnt "peeps" are in. Even better when the peeps are aged a bit.

Howdy Riddlers, I'm the Byron half of Byron & Anne, the creater of "Byron's Famous Stump Pin". I might even bring one or two BFSPs along with me.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:45 PM   #24

Trailer: 2002 13 ft Casita
Unhappy

I'm coming after all! Since the park is so close to home I'm pulling my trailer up Friday and returning Saturday afternoon to camp. Staying through Sunday night. I'm in 53A.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:51 PM   #25

Name: Anne
Trailer: Escape 17 ft 2006 / 2005 Honda Pilot
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Anne, are you buying "Factory Direct" in Chilly Wack, near us here in Canada, or elsewhere?
Direct from Chilliwack! I was up in July looking at used eggs and, finally, just couldn't resist ordering a new one. I pick it up Sept 1st and will be looking to spend the first night close while I test everything out.

Any ideas on a good campground close to Chilliwack for the my first shakedown sleep-over??
Anne H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 09:53 PM   #26

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
HI! Anne,
congratulations on your new Escape trailer, they are very nice and I am sure you will enjoy it.
I see that you have 2 Greyhounds so you need to come to the next Oregon gathering in Bandon, Oregon this next July. Nathalie from Ashland, Oregon has been to the last two gatherings with her Greyhound ( Slim ) he is a real nice dog. I am sure that she would love to meet you and your 2 Greyhounds. Jay
Old 08-11-2006, 10:00 PM   #27

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Yeah! We are booked for A42. Now, Michael just have to find coverage for that weekend and we are set to go.

Nancy
Old 08-12-2006, 08:17 AM   #28

Name: Ron
Trailer: 2007 Bigfoot 25' Rear Queen
Oregon
Registry
Anne H.

Ft. Langley has a nice campground. I was there in the middle of last May for the Ft. Langley Glass Egg Gathering (formerly known as the Boler some-thing-or-other). The campground is within walking distance of shops, restaurants, and the fort. Hook-ups are available.
Just don't try to walk into the registration desk with a dog. They'll freak out. Guess they don't understand that dogs are people too.