Northern Oregon Gathering, On the Move! - Page 7 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2006, 09:06 AM   #121

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
We'll bring our E-Z Up, too. Maybe we can put them all together on one site.
Nan
Great minds and all that....
Old 10-11-2006, 09:31 PM   #122

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Quote:
"Put them all together on one site."
Great minds and all that....
Yep... Tent City!

Nancy
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 10:40 PM   #123

Trailer: Burro 13 ft 1982
Well everyone we are pulling out tomorrow morning and heading towards Waterloo. We will spend the night in Springfield with a friend and arrive sometime on Friday. Bob and Judy will be in sometime on Friday also. Can't wait to see everyone and meet those we do not already know. :

Drive safe and see you there.

for now.
BuzzardsBurro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 10:42 PM   #124

Hope everyone has a safe trip. See ya soon.

Nancy
Old 10-11-2006, 11:08 PM   #125

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
We are leaving early tomorrow and plan to pull in around noon. See everyone there.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:11 AM   #126

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Just called the park people. Hardly got the words out of my mouth that there was a large group coming into Waterloo on Friday, when the Reservationist said "egg people!." Looks like our reputation is growing

At any rate, wood is available for sale...$3 a square foot. That's CHEAPER than I can buy it here in Portland.

"Have Cash, Have Fire." wooohooo!!!!

PS: There is major construction south of Salem (Kuebler Exit area). It's be going on for months. There are at least two areas on I-5 where the lanes shift and the speed limit drops to 50mph. Please be extra careful, drive through the area at the speed limit you feel most comfortable when towing a trailer in major construction (40mph???). At least two travel trailers flipped onto their sides this summer.

Everyone comin' drive safe and we'll see y'all tomorrow!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:29 AM   #127

Registry
Thanks Donna for the Construction Reminder.
The 50 mph speed limit is being enforced. People are getting stopped for not much over 50. I plan on going through at the 50mph speed limit or less depending on the traffic. Friday is usually pretty heavy through that area.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:16 PM   #128

We just arrived at the campground. May I suggest that you take the truck route to the south, just before you actually reach Lebanon. It still connects up with the main highway before wal-mart but misses the downtown where there is narrow streets, a stop light on every block and on street parking with cars that open doors and let kids out. See you all soon.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:00 PM   #129

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Trillium
Well, once again I have decided to forego the weekend. I have one guy just getting over being sick , that combined with the rain in the forecast and the road time going from 2 1/2 hours to 4 1/2 hours, I am bowing out. I am so sad to miss you all again, knowing how long it takes for Spring to arrive. Perhaps the Spring trip could be up North of the OR/WA border????

I am trying to attach a photo of the boys for you...just to prove they exist.... Have a great weekend friends, hope to see you in the Spring!

Sharon
Sharon Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:15 PM   #130

Registry
Quote:
Well, once again I have decided to forego the weekend. I have one guy just getting over being sick , that combined with the rain in the forecast and the road time going from 2 1/2 hours to 4 1/2 hours, I am bowing out. I am so sad to miss you all again, knowing how long it takes for Spring to arrive.
We're gonna miss you. Rain isn't going to happen at Waterloo until Sunday afternoon/evening.
Quote:
Perhaps the Spring trip could be up North of the OR/WA border????
That wouldn't be Northern Oregon Gathering (NOG).. That would be a Sourhern Washington Gathering (SWG).

Quote:
I am trying to attach a photo of the boys for you...just to prove they exist.... Have a great weekend friends, hope to see you in the Spring!

Sharon
We believe you, but pictures would be nice.
Hope to see you at one of other events, like Bullards Beach.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:54 AM   #131

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Ah drat Sharon, don't you hate it when Life Happens?! Kids can sure make life interesting! We'll miss you and yes hope to see you in the Spring.

We'll be discussing the Spring event, as a group. Perhaps the Spring gathering will be held at Champoeg Park, or I'm even thinking of Paradise Cove State Park outside Woodland/Ridgefield, WA....we could fudge the Northern Oregon name

Take care
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:00 AM   #132

Quote:
We'll be discussing the Spring event, as a group. Perhaps the Spring gathering will be held at Champoeg Park, or I'm even thinking of Paradise Cove State Park outside Woodland/Ridgefield, WA....we could fudge the Northern Oregon name
What do ya think gang? I'm thinking this shindig needs to be renamed. I'll throw out an idea:

Donna D's Traveling Show

I'm serious. Really I am.
Nancy
Old 10-13-2006, 09:28 AM   #133

Name:   1st2.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  22.3 KB
I used to know how to add pics so easily.....This took me forever! Here are Dillon and Riley on the first day of Kindergarten. I promise they really do exist. Thanks for the nice words, it's good to be missed.

Sharon
Old 10-13-2006, 09:35 AM   #134

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0361_1.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	5162

Here is another one.....at their sweetest moment.

Sharon
Old 10-15-2006, 04:39 PM   #135

Thanks everyone who helped with this weekend. We had a great time, met interesting people, enjoyed hearing about Joy's Alaska trip, and eating.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:24 PM   #136

Trailer: 2001 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Custom
Wink

Hi all, The gathering was a smashin success. I had such a great time. I love meeting new friends and sharing around the campfire. I will be working on finding a date and place for a boondockers shindig this year and will post the when and where as soon as I figure out Taylor's schedule.

Getting home was an interesting challenge. ther were two major accidents on I 5 northbound that took an hour to navigate thru. We did make it and got home around 6:00 PM. Those of you who left early I hope you made out better than we did. I was very grateful that Taylor was driving and was very calm.

Well now to unpack.

Thank you all for such a great time.

Linda K.
Linda K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 08:36 PM   #137

We missed you, Sharon! (Okay... your boys really do exist. AND they're so cute.)

Mike and I had a great time. (We were really lucky about the weather holding off until pack-up time.) It was great to meet all the new folks and see all our friends from other rallies. (I'm still full.)

Paul & Pat, how's the new little tom cat?

Nancy
Old 10-15-2006, 09:34 PM   #138

Trailer: 1994 20 ft Bigfoot 5th Wheel / Toyota Tacoma SR5
Sherman is doing great...The girl cats we had at home really like him. He settled in on the way home in the front seat of the truck and slept most of the way (2 hours). After he arrived at his new home he found a catnip toy snake and made it his own, dragging it into his bed box that he had at the campground. We expect he never knew what catnip was before this, from the way he took to it.

Pat and Paul
jrnutpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:06 PM   #139

Registry
Another get Fiberglass RV gathering. Thanks to Donna D. organizing it.
New friends were made, and it was great make contact with those we've met before. It was also great to see several people that don't have trailers yet come by. We hope you'll find that pefect trailer that fits your needs and desires and maybe we'll get to see you at the next gathering.
A couple pictures.

[ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Here's just some of the "eggs" that were present.

[ATTACH][/ATTACH]

And a few more.

We got too busy yacking to get pictures of them all.

[ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Kirby sat from his favorite perch in the front window of the Mountain Egg and watched it all.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:33 PM   #140

Trailer: Trillium 1978 13 ft
Registry
Sharon:

They are truly gorgeous!! (from which modeling agency did you rent them??) Ha Ha!!

We really did miss you - and them.

Bill and Jacquie
Bill and Jacquie G. is offline   Reply With Quote