Northern Oregon Gathering - Spring Event 2009! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2008, 08:16 PM   #21

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Here's the satellite picture of the park
Attached Thumbnails
waterloo.jpg  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:55 PM   #22

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
Quote:
The Google map link appears to be for Langley, WA.
Oh rats! Sorry Vivian & Joe... I'm not as clever as I pretend. - Sharen
HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:57 PM   #23

Quote:
Here's the satellite picture of the park
That Donna D... Now, SHE's a clever cramper.
Great birdseye view... nice looking campsites.
Many thanks. - Sharen
Old 10-15-2008, 06:39 AM   #24

After having a campsite in a cave of canopied trees at Silver Falls and FREEZING most of the time, I'm glad to see my campsite at Waterloo is in the SUN

I'll plan to take a fan and hope to leave the cube heater at home
Old 10-16-2008, 10:19 AM   #25

Trailer: 17 ft Burro Widebody / 2007 Ford Ranger
Quote:
We have MISSED you, Ian and Vicki! I have especially missed Martha and Luther... now I can have my feline fix while I am away from my own kitties. =^..^=

Adonna
Sorry to have been away and we miss you guys too. Also, sorry to report that Martha has gone walk-about somewhere and has been gone about 3 months now. We miss her. Have another addition though, Sidney, about 14 weeks ild. We got him because Luther was so lonely for Martha and now Sidney is making Luther nuts. So be it. But they should be there at Waterloo with us, so we can all have our feline fix.
cheers for now
Ian

Ian-Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:56 PM   #26

Trailer: 1977 Surfside
Registry
Hi everybody!
We had a great time at Silverfalls! It was fun to see everybody a beautiful park, but it was so cold!
Al and I got a site at Waterloo also, we'll be in 8a so we'll see you all in April!
theresa shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 12:46 PM   #27

Trailer: 2006 Casita Liberty Deluxe 17 ft
Hi Donna;
We are reserved. Site 60A (man the filled up fast!)
Arriving Thurs eve, 23rd.

See ya!

Rich & Deb
17" Casita LD
Rich S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:43 AM   #28

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
Had a great time at Silver Falls - great to see everyone and looking forward to (a warm) Spring! I think we had the same problem as Linda & Dale, the park looked full but the website confirmed and took our $ - didn't assign a site, - before I got around to calling we got a confirmation a few days later for site # 34 hooray - so we're good to go!

Dave and Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:58 AM   #29

I thought I'd check the Waterloo website and see how the park was doing with reservations. Humm site is down, under construction. So, if you need a site... I'd suggest you give the park reservation line a call... 541-967-3917 during regular business hours
Attached Thumbnails
Construction.jpg  
Old 10-21-2008, 09:52 AM   #30

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
As was said on the fall discussion, we used our dutch oven metal table and put the NOG washer tub on it and pulled the table between the tub on the fire pit and the table and we were very comfortable in the evening with two tubs providing heat. The table kept the ground from showing evidence that we had two fires. Since our group is growing it would be nice to have at least two fires going so that the entire circle can be semi close to the fires. We will bring the NOG wash tub but would sure like to get one of our own. If anyone coming to Waterloo or is close to us, finds a source for a stainless steel wash tub we would love to get one.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 03:16 PM   #31

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
Hi Linda,

I had told several folks that I would be willing to get a tub for them. There is someone in Springfield who does appliance repair who will save the stainless steel tubs and sell them for $20. That is where I got the ones for Adonna and Sharen. I can bring one to the next gathering in April if you want. I am going to be bringing some for others.

Charlene
Charlene Urso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:00 PM   #32

Thank you for the offer. Put us down for a tub.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:34 PM   #33

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
Quote:
Thank you for the offer. Put us down for a tub.
OK, it's done.
Charlene Urso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:33 PM   #34

Holy cow! My mind's eye sees that big, brandy new BIG FOOT loaded down from floor to ceiling with stainless steel tubs! When ya got it, flaunt it!!!

Hugs,
Sharen
PS We love our tub!

Quote:
Hi Linda,

I had told several folks that I would be willing to get a tub for them. There is someone in Springfield who does appliance repair who will save the stainless steel tubs and sell them for $20. That is where I got the ones for Adonna and Sharen. I can bring one to the next gathering in April if you want. I am going to be bringing some for others.

Charlene
Old 10-26-2008, 10:28 PM   #35

Trailer: 1988 19 ft Scamp
Hi Donna,

Isaac, Cheri, Barak, and Jesse are signed up in site 17A.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

-Isaac
Isaac M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:49 AM   #36

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Talking

By my count, today, we have <strike>27</strike> 28 reservations.

BTW - What is it with tubs?

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:45 AM   #37

Last camp out, we had a fire in their fire pit and it smoked because the sides blocked the air and the smoke drove people away from the fire but when we put a tub on the metal grate, the air flow through the side of the tub allowed the smoke to go straight up and the heat was able to radiate out and really increased the warming factor by 200%. We are really sold on the campfire enjoyment you get by adding a tub before starting the fire.

And when we put a tub on a cooking table, it increased the number of fires you can have for a large group. Then you can all be near a fire instead of having two rows where the second row gets no benifits of the campfire.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:22 PM   #38

Trailer: 1977 Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie
Add Chuck and Jackie in site 5A for the festivities. We'll come on down, do some visiting, play some golf, and do some geocaching!
Jackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:00 PM   #39

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Byron and Anne will be in 45A.

I'll do the name tag thing again. Come to site 45A around 10:00 am Saturday and make a wooden name tag.

Byron
Old 10-29-2008, 04:21 PM   #40

Trailer: Burro 13 ft 1982
Hi All-

Wanted to chime in- We have booked A42 & A43 for us and Bob & Judy Webb. With any luck Bob and Judy will be towing their new (to them) 16ft Big Foot to this gathering. They just bought a new tow rig this week to go along with their new trailer. I see Sharon is very close to us so not much walking involved to get a cocktail.

We all had a great time at Silver Falls (once we found our camp ground). Wish we would have been able to visit with everyone more but frankly it was too darn cold to get out much. We left Silver Falls and traveled around (not as lost) for another week before we arrived back home. We found some little towns in Oregon we fell in love with and hope to visit again in the future. After getting home 5 days later than planned we had to play catch up to getting all those things done that we should have been home doing 5 days earlier. This week I became very sick and ended up at the hospital yesterday. I am still very week, but getting better with help of modern med's and my wonderful husband taking care of me. I have been laying in bed all day trying to figure out something I could do that would not wear me out or give reason for Berry to yell "get back in bed, I will take care of that." Suddenly I realized I could check in on FGRV without to much energy spent. Since Berry had no idea what sites I had booked for Waterloo he could not tell me, "I will take care of that for you." Posting here and trips to the potty are the only things he can't take care of for me.

Anyway- Can't wait to see everyone in April. I don't know what day we will be rolling in, if I have my way, at least 2 or 3 days early as that area is one of our favorite places for antique stores and treasure hunting. Talk to you soon.

Ellen B.
BuzzardsBurro is offline   Reply With Quote