Northern Oregon Gathering - Spring Event 2009! - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2009, 03:04 PM   #81

Trailer: 1985 13 ft U-Haul
Hi! After trying and failing on to purchase a fiberglass rv through this site on numerous occasions (invariable someone would beat me to the unit I had decided to make an offer on) my wife and I, Norma and Lee Senn have succeeded in purchasing a 1985 Burro in excellent condition. While making a purchase at a business here in our home town ,Twin Falls Idaho, I noticed a 13 foot Burro parked out back but it had no for sale sign on it. Going under the theory that it never hurts to ask I found out that it was indeed for sale and we purchased it !! We have reserved space #18A for the April gathering at Waterloo and are very much looking forward to meeting our now "fellow fiberglass rv ers". Lee Senn
Lee Senn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:37 PM   #82

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
Quote:
Hi After trying and failing on to pruchase a fiberglass rv through this site on numerous occaisions ( invariable someone would beat me to the unit I had decided to make an offer on ) my wife and I, Norma and Lee Senn have succeeded in purchasing a 1985 Burro in excellent condition. While making a purchase at a business here in our home town ,Twin Falls Idaho, I noticed a 13 foot Burro parked out back but it had no for sale sign on it. Going under the theory that it never hurts to ask I found out that it was indeed for sale and we purchased it !! We have reserved space #18A for the April gathering at Waterloo and are very much looking forward to meeting our now "fellow fiberglass rv ers". Lee Senn
Welcome! I look forward to seeing your new trailer. My first trailer was a Burro and I still love them!
Charlene Urso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:14 PM   #83

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
We have reserved space #18A for the April gathering at Waterloo and are very much looking forward to meeting our now "fellow fiberglass rv ers".
More new people! Welcome to NOG Lee and Norma

AND, welcome back Joy and Lilly

Look at all that [b]RED on the first page... we've just about filled the whole loop!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:04 PM   #84

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Well Duh,

I just blew $11, cancellation fee.

So today I was perusing through the Gatherings saw the Spring NOG got excited and made reservations. A moment ago I was speaking with a friend and relayed my pending trip to the NOG in April.

Oops, I was reminded that I have a prior engagement that weekend. Duh!!!! Who was that that erased it from my calendar. Could it have been Lily, she likes camping and we haven't been for nearly 5 months.

So sorry I won't be there but I'll definitely see those who will be attending the Oregon Gathering in July. I have had those reservations since early October and it's definitely on my calendar.

After 2 tries for a NOG, I think I'll just go make me a NOG....Egg Nog that is.

Maybe I can try for the Fall once again. Let me know where it's going to be.

Have fun.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:09 PM   #85

Quote:
Well Duh,

I just blew $11, cancellation fee.

So today I was perusing through the Gatherings saw the Spring NOG got excited and made reservations. A moment ago I was speaking with a friend and relayed my pending trip to the NOG in April.

Have fun.
Drat. Well we'll see you and Lily in July then!
Old 02-27-2009, 02:41 PM   #86

Trailer: 2007 Casita 17 ft Freedom Deluxe
Hi everyone,

Paul and Sharon, along with our 16 year old Australian Cattle Dog, Bounder, will be in site 22A. We are from Lakewood WA, and this will be our first event. After our reservation was made today, they only have two sites left! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Paul & Sharon
Paul & Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:16 PM   #87

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
An earlier reply to my request about suggested sites to see in Northern California and Oregon suggested Crater Lake. When I have looked at web sights it suggestes that campgrounds and roads may not open up till later in the season. What is the weather like in late April , early May at Crater Lake and along hwy 97. Any other suggestions welcomed.
Kent I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 05:48 PM   #88

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Paul and Sharon, along with our 16 year old Australian Cattle Dog, Bounder, will be in site 22A. We are from Lakewood WA, and this will be our first event. After our reservation was made today, they only have two sites left! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Paul & Sharon
More newbe's! Cool, welcome to the NOG Paul & Sharon. Keep an eye on this topic, it will start heatin' up a bit in about a month. We'll be discuss potlucks, etc.

In the meantime, start working (or at least planning) your name tags. This time I'm giving away an [b]Oregon Scientific Weather Hub. But you can't be in the drawing without a name tag.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:19 PM   #89

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
I was busy today and am just now calling to cancel my reservation. Site 20 A with hook ups will be available shortly.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:48 PM   #90

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
We will miss you, Joy and Lilly.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:23 PM   #91

Trailer: Burro 17 ft Widebody
Registry
Maja, with support staff Per, will be in site 20A. See you there.
Per Walthinsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 03:52 PM   #92

We are so ready. Are we going to not plan:
Thursday early bird meet and greet pot luck
Friday Hot dog and pep roast
Friday beer exchange
Saturday Pot luck
Sunday breakfast pot luck

????

As usual we can host the Thursday early bird. If you come in late still stop by since we usually have so much food and that way you can get warm by the fire and have a full tummy when you go back to set up your trailer.

We will bring the NOG fire pit and fire wood too. And name tags, and our chairs.

And we are bringing our single pie cookers to try out new recipes.

Old 03-11-2009, 10:04 AM   #93

Okay, remember how my son had his two year old annouce he wasn't going to be an only child at the last NOG. Well his sister was born last night. That is a long time between campouts. Oh and mom and baby are doing fine.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:46 AM   #94

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp (Egg Salad Annie)
Registry
I remember how excited your Daughter in law was, way cool as my Grandchildren say
Taylor Kissinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:26 PM   #95

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
Well friends, Whidbey Island is enduring some pret-ty stiff March winds today... but you know what March brings? APRIL!!! And what does APRIL bring? The annual SPING NOG - hoorah! Can't wait.

Toward that endeavor we have pulled "No Yoke" out into the Sunday afternoon sunshine and clean breezes for a nice airing out. Successful sniff test tells us it's come through the Winter in pretty good shape... no sign of critters either. Does need some tidying up (see pix below) and a good scrub, but otherwise she seems fit as a fiddle.

We're thinking to road test the wee widened bed (Simon added about 6" to the width) sometime soon with a quick trip to nearby Keystone Ferry (Ft Casey). Now that we're on Daylight Savings Time, what's holding us back?

Are the rest of you clearing out the cobwebs from your crampers? Ready to rock n roll???

Cheerios, and Happy St Pat's to you all.
Sharen & Simon

Attached Thumbnails
CRAMPER_031509_1.JPG   CRAMPER_031409_2.JPG  

CRAMPER_BED.JPG   CRAMPER_KITCHEN.JPG  

HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 01:03 PM   #96

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Trillium
Hi All....

REALLY looking forward to NOG. If anyone needs to cancel, let me know would ya? I have a friend looking for a spot.

Sharon and Clan
Sharon Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:00 PM   #97

A month from today and we'll be camping

Get busy on those name tags. Don't forget I'm giving away a Oregon Scientific Weather Hub to a lucky contestant But, ya gotta wear a name tag.

Let's see, we need folks to bring tables for the potlucks, small bundles of wood (you DON'T want to buy it at the park.... four small sticks cost $4 . And, dare I say it... Easy Ups... in case we get the liquid sunshine.

Okay.... that's as much organizing as I'm going to do, for the Not Organized Gathering
Old 03-24-2009, 09:17 AM   #98

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Byron will once again will be set up to create Name Tags.
If you need a Name Tag and would like to make a wooden name tag either with a woodburning pen or bit carving show at site 45 around 10:30 am on Saturday.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:27 AM   #99

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
Quote:
A month from today and we'll be camping

Get busy on those name tags. Don't forget I'm giving away a Oregon Scientific Weather Hub to a lucky contestant But, ya gotta wear a name tag.

Let's see, we need folks to bring tables for the potlucks, small bundles of wood (you DON'T want to buy it at the park.... four small sticks cost $4 . And, dare I say it... Easy Ups... in case we get the liquid sunshine.

Okay.... that's as much organizing as I'm going to do, for the Not Organized Gathering
LOL Thanks Donna... yes, only a month away now... wow! Remember, the difference between the first day of Spring and the first Spring day can be as much as a month. I'll take sun-breaks, sun-showers, sunshine, and ok that old favorite liquid sunshine! Woo hoo...

Cheers all, and a hey to Sharon Hermon... how did you weather the winter girlfriend?

xo
Sharen
HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:40 PM   #100

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Trillium
Quote:
Cheers all, and a hey to Sharon Hermon... how did you weather the winter girlfriend?

xo
Sharen
Hola Chica!
The short story is....I survived it...barely .
The long story will have to wait until we can sit with martinis in hand.
Miss you .....XO
Sharon Herman is offline   Reply With Quote