Northern Oregon Gathering - Spring Event 2009! - Page 8 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2009, 09:04 PM   #141

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Monday is supposed to be 80 degrees at Waterloo Campground. We can only hope that it stays nice through the weekend. We have had our share of rainy NOGs so a nice hot sunny one would be wonderful.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:57 PM   #142

Trailer: 17 ft 2001 Casita Freedom Deluxe (one eyed CatSita)
Hi Linda and Dale.
we have an appointment in white city tuesday the 21st and will be in waterloo wednesday pm.
cheers
lou
Lou & Lora E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:40 AM   #143

Trailer: 2007 Casita 17 ft Freedom Deluxe
So for menu planning purposes, which/how many meals can we look forward to as being potluck?
Paul & Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:47 PM   #144

Trailer: 2009 Casita Freedom Deluxe
I'll be joining you at Waterloo! If there are any more last minuter's Waterloo Park is opening up B loop that weekend altho it's too late to ma a reservations.

Will bring firewood!
Joyce U. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:56 PM   #145

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Joyce, I think B loop is still closed for the season. Quickly call the park (number on first page, top post) and see if site 46A is open. Keith and Dee just canceled Wednesday.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:58 PM   #146

Trailer: 1977 Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie
Quote:
So for menu planning purposes, which/how many meals can we look forward to as being potluck?
It is time to draw up lists of what to pack, what to plan.... so...... the answer is....????????
Jackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:10 PM   #147

Okay, since this is a not organized event, here is a rough outline of what we like to pack and plan on.

Thursday we will arrive and usually we get a fire going and have a catch up pot luck in our space. We try to do something fun in our dutch oven but usually there is way to much food so if you come in late stop by and grab a bite, don't worry about not making something. We are just doing a meet and greet kind of early bird thing.

We pack lots of fire wood since we live fairly close. We will have the NOG fire pit and will get our own this event. Thanks Charlene and Dennis.

Friday we all usually gather near Donna's space and maybe roast things over the fire from hot dogs to peeps.
(Don't forget to bring lawn chairs that you can pack to different camp sites.)

Saturday night is our offical pot luck so bring something to share, your own dishes, your chairs and your own drink.
Sunday morning sometimes there is a breakfast pot luck but that is usually not organized by Dave and Kathy.
Sunday sometimes we get together to eat leftovers in the evening.

Bring a pop up if you have one. Sometimes it rains in Oregon. Bring a mexican train game or some other game or just join in the many that are going on.

Very informal. Do what you want and don't do what doesn't feel right. We eat drink and play games, visit or play music or just stare at the fire. A lot of us like to use our dutch ovens and encourage you to bring one and try it if you want. We are willing to help or just eat what you make. Oh, and we are bringing some individual cookers for holding over the fire and will try brownies or pizza rolls.

Hope that helps.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:38 PM   #148

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Trillium
I hate to "stir the pot", but........this is all sounding so routine!! NOG RUT is coming to mind. I'm all for shakin things up a little. How can that be accomplished???
Sharon Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:44 PM   #149

Trailer: 2007 Casita 17 ft Freedom Deluxe
That was a big help indeed!
Paul & Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:47 PM   #150

I didn't think we could post the shake up stuff so just posted the G rated. We leave it to you Sharon to shake things up. What would you suggest?
Old 04-17-2009, 06:02 PM   #151

Quote:
I didn't think we could post the shake up stuff so just posted the G rated. We leave it to you Sharon to shake things up. What would you suggest?
hmmmm, this is the second time someone on this forum has suggested I am not "G" rated. I will admit to being "PG" and occasionally I'll push the envelope and hit "PG13". I'm beginning to feel mis-understood..................
Old 04-17-2009, 06:45 PM   #152

I can't imagine anyone have a reputation that's like Sharon's ... she can really get people going (as in laughter and having a bunch of fun). I mean, the first time we meet the woman, she goes off and forgets her chair as she pulled out to go home ... that chair made the rounds. What is the world coming too??? No Sharon, you have that reputation going... and it's ALL yours

BTW: DON'T FORGET YOUR NAME TAGS. And if you want to do a beer exchange on Friday night... bring a six pack to swap.

Whew, that's a lot of organizing... I think I'm done.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:44 PM   #153

I am really just happy to see all my camping buddies....Isaac, my kids are sooooooooo excited you guys are coming.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:18 AM   #154

Trailer: 1988 19 ft Scamp
I can't wait for next weekend. The boys have been itching to go for a long time. Hmmm....lots of boys...one year older...I have a feeling their might be quite a bit of mischief this year.

I hope you are bringing their bikes.
Isaac M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:24 AM   #155

Quote:
Hmmm....lots of boys...one year older...I have a feeling their might be quite a bit of mischief this year.
Geeez, when you put it that way, I think I better be careful what I wish for...i.e. "shakin things up".
Old 04-18-2009, 07:44 PM   #156

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
It's become "the usual" flurry of trailer activity the weekend before the Spring NOG, finishing up a few random projects, de-winterizing (is that springifying?), and just . . . smiling a whole lot.

The NOG is here! Camping season is about to begin!
peterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:35 PM   #157

Trailer: Bigfoot 17 ft Gaucho
I have for years called it "springerizing."
I am crossing my fingers to the weather goddess for next week.
Ericpa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:34 AM   #158

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
I hope everyone has a good time and weather also.... I just looked on the intellicast for Lebanon... looks like a few showers.. but hopefully that will change for everyone..

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weather.a...cation=USOR0195

I may drive down for the day if I can get away.....
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:34 AM   #159

I know everyone is hoping for but it IS Spring in the Pacific NorthWET. It absolutely poured off and on at the Fall NOG. I don't remember anyone saying they had a really bad time because of it. Sure, nice weather is always a gift. But we have molded lightweight fiberglass trailers! Some raingear, some E-Z Ups, etc. and we're good to go!! I have one window that's starting to give me some trouble. I'm going to tape it up to keep everything dry. I don't have time to fix it right now. AND, I'll bring extra tape for "just-in-case."

Old 04-19-2009, 09:33 PM   #160

Gil and Kathy just called and due to illness they will not be able to come to the NOG. We are sooo disappointed but since the reservation for both our site and theirs is in our name we are hoping that another egg wants to come at the last minute. We will have to cancel to help them get their money back or if someone wants it they can give a check to us and we can mail the check to them. Just let us know soon.

Sooo no Gil and Kathy but an open spot. They were going to be in space 4.