Northern Oregon Gathering - Spring Event 2010 - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-29-2009, 03:23 PM   #41

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Mike if you go to reserve America for the four days in April(22nd for four nights) when we have the NOG there are still four spaces open.
I see 17, 20, 22, and 28 still open. If you reserve on line today, you will be sure to get one of those spaces.

There is also another loop nearby but most of the spaces are tent sites and do not have electric. I think four or five do have electric.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 05:51 PM   #42

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Quote:
Mike if you go to reserve America for the four days in April(22nd for four nights) when we have the NOG there are still four spaces open.
I see 17, 20, 22, and 28 still open. If you reserve on line today, you will be sure to get one of those spaces.
Linda&Dale,

Thanks a bazillion! I checked some time ago, and got a response that it was full, so I gave up. After receiving your PM, I went online and was able to reserve space 17, so we are good to go! I am recommending you for knighthood!

Mike and Sandy
Mike Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:26 AM   #43

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I've been gone for a few days, camping . I've got the map and listing updated on the front page.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:35 PM   #44

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Donna,

You can add Lori & Mike Sanders to your map. We have reserved space #2.

Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:02 PM   #45

Quote:
Donna,

You can add Lori & Mike Sanders to your map. We have reserved space #2.
You're on the map/listing! Remember, this is the Not Organized Gathering... the only thing you're expected to do is bring the since you're from California
Old 08-31-2009, 04:13 PM   #46

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Quote:
You're on the map/listing! Remember, this is the Not Organized Gathering... the only thing you're expected to do is bring the since you're from California
That's why we're coming.

By then we will be Full Timers.

With world record heat here, we are ready for COOL, and lots of it.
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 06:40 PM   #47

Trailer: Casita 16 ft 1984 and U-Haul CT13 1985
Registry
We just reserved B 28 and are looking forward to attending our first NOG!

Jeanne, Steve and Gandalf
Jeanne and Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:17 PM   #48

Quote:
We just reserved B 28 and are looking forward to attending our first NOG!

Jeanne, Steve and Gandalf
GREAT, the more the merrier!! So, which tow are you bringing so I can update the map/listing?
Old 08-31-2009, 08:18 PM   #49

Trailer: Casita 16 ft 1984 and U-Haul CT13 1985
Registry
Quote:
So, which tow are you bringing so I can update the map/listing?
I think it'll be the 1984 16' Casita. Thanks!

Jeanne
Jeanne and Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 07:40 AM   #50

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
My, my where has the summer gone - guess we forgot to chime in - we will be in B26, looking forward to seeing everyone next month at Stub Stewart and seeing Silver Falls in the Spring (sounds like a song )

Dave & Kathie

Dave and Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 08:58 AM   #51

Great D&K, I was wondering if you'd make it... but, I know sometimes life gets in the way of having fun!

Old 09-05-2009, 07:37 PM   #52

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Donna D.:

I know NOG stands for "Not Organized Gathering", but it sure would be nice if you could give us a list of possible events, like potlucks, etc. I assume the campground is a good distance from the nearest grocery store, etc., so we need to plan for what meals we might be sharing and bring the fixin's from home.

Mike
Mike Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 09:43 PM   #53

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
Hi Mike,

Yes, this is the nonorganized gathering but traditionally these things are likely to be happening:

Friday night - everyone is on their own but several folks like to gather and roast hot dogs together. This is often followed by marshmallow roasts, etc.

Saturday night - group pot luck. This is also where you will hear about the location of the next NOG, etc.

Sunday morning - breakfast potluck for those who are still around

Also some people like to gather on Thursday night if they are there early.

It's all fun and a great way to meet others in an informal way! See you there.
Charlene
Charlene Urso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:02 AM   #54

Trailer: 17 ft Burro Widebody / 2007 Ford Ranger
Beer exchange. I've heard rumours anyway.
cheers
Ian
Ian-Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 05:22 AM   #55

Thanks Charlene for getting some info out. I'll have a big fire going in the NOG tub at my site on Friday for folks to roast their hot dogs and marshmallows. We'll also do a beer exchange at 7pm SHARP.... which means it's typically over by 7:05 You snooze, you lose.

There are only two NOG requirements... the first is to have fun!

The second is to wear a NAME TAG. You are to make your own. Use your imagination. You can wear it pinned to your shirt, hat or wear a lanyard. Wear it all the time you're out of your trailer. We have some newbies coming... we want them to feel welcomed. I've got some pretty good giveaway's for Saturday night... but you have to wear a name tag to WIN.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:08 AM   #56

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
Quote:
My, my where has the summer gone - guess we forgot to chime in - we will be in B26, looking forward to seeing everyone next month at Stub Stewart and seeing Silver Falls in the Spring (sounds like a song )

Dave & Kathie
Hey Kathie! Hi!
Yep, summer has flown by, but oh boy what a legendary summer. We'll be cramping at Grayland Sept 16-20, then joining all of you for Stub Stewart Oct 8-11. Glad we were NOT cramping over Labor Day weekend... holy moly the rains came down up here on the island. That said, we've enjoyed sunshine each and every cramping weekend beginning in April till now this season. So it is with a little weather nail-biting that we approach our two remaining cramping endeavors coming up... to be sure, the odds are against us!

So, heads-up flamingo girl. I'll be bringing a couple of surprises for YOU when we see you at Stub Stewart. What fun that'll be. And as for returning to Silverfalls for this Spring NOG (I'm sorta pimpin' this thread with my message to you), we are loving looking forward to that. While Charlene did a great job of outlining the non-organized event with different day/nights for various activities, remember that anyone can join Simon and me for a ride down the Silverton hill into town for a visit to their local creek-side tav. Mike, Silverton is a very fetching lil village with fun antique (junque not junk) shops, taverns, cinema, thrift shop... and if you're into knitting like I am... there's a great yarn shop.

OK, now to research the "mini macaroni & cheese pie" recipe I just saw on GMA. Cheers to all our fellow glass eggers on oh nine oh nine oh nine.

~ Sharen
HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:39 AM   #57

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
Hey Heathgal,

Good to hear from you - missed you all at Bullards. A 'flamingo' (??) surprise at Stub Stewart, can't wait! Were bringing our bikes, Dave's looking forward to some off trail rides with Simon. We're researching some new recipes, although Dave is thinking seafood gumbo might be good on a crisp fall evening, I'm pondering gingerbread pancakes instead of apple strudel french toast (would that be sacrilege? ). Looking forward to seeing everyone soon for another great campout!

Kathie (&Dave)

Dave and Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:47 AM   #58

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
Exclamation

Oooh, gumbo sounds so good and no, ginger pancakes wouldn't be a sacrilege. They would be a treat! Dennis says to tell Dave and Simon that he wants to join you for the bike trek into town. I'm intrigued by the knit shop, Heathgal!

Can't wait to see you all. The weather will be conducive to dutch ovens!
Charlene Urso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:49 AM   #59

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Kathie, now that you have teased us with the thought of gingerbread pancakes, are you really going to make us wait until Spring to try them?
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:57 AM   #60

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe

Hi Donna

We are coming to your NOG.. We reserved space B22... and we signed up for 6 nights. April 21 and checking out the 27th. We love Silver Springs area.

Looking forward to seeing you again.

Carol, Jim and "Jerry our cat"
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote