Northern Oregon Gathering - Spring Event! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 04:23 PM   #21

Trailer: Trillium 1978 13 ft
Registry
We vote for Waterloo.

The sites are clean and LEVEL! and the restrooms are clean & warm, with wonderful hot showers. (see where my priorities are!)

And the price is right.

NO

Spring should be beautiful there.

Jacquie and Bill
Old 10-19-2006, 05:29 PM   #22

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
We like going to other campgrounds, but will go for the gathering where the group goes. We just want to be able to know where to make reservations. We are heading out to work and will spend three days in Champoeg campgrounds between shows. We also got some information about Belknap for those who might be interested in a mid winter soaking camping outing.
Old 10-20-2006, 04:06 PM   #23

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Lily and I cast our 2 votes for Waterloo.

Still not sure if we can make it, I'm waiting for a list of our Major Golf Tournaments. The first one in May will more than likely be the day following this campout. If so, we'd not be attending. But we'd go for Waterloo in October once again.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Old 10-20-2006, 06:28 PM   #24

Trailer: 1994 20 ft Bigfoot 5th Wheel / Toyota Tacoma SR5
Pat and I are still up for Waterloo

Paul
Old 10-21-2006, 09:44 PM   #25

Just received all the 2007 Golf dates and the May tournament does not conflict with the April dates.

Lily and I will be there, Where ever!!!
2019 Ram Longhorn
Old 10-21-2006, 10:38 PM   #26

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp (Egg Salad Annie)
Registry
Waterloo is fine for Linda and I.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:43 AM   #27

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Sounds like we will be going back to Waterlou and that is fine with us. We will drop in tonight after dark to see if they are going to have B Loop open before we make reservations. Thanks for all the orginization you put into Donna's Traveling Road Show. Now if Joy can just remind me what spot in B Loop we wanted?
Old 10-23-2006, 02:40 PM   #28

Trailer: 2007 17.5 ft Bigfoot (25B17.5G)
Registry
So, Donna...with Linn County's reservation policy allowing reservations to be made ONE YEAR in advance (unlike Oregon state parks), when do you suppose we need to be making reservations for the NOG Spring Gathering?

Old 10-23-2006, 02:42 PM   #29

Registry
Joy A....are you a professional golfer on tour? If so, I'll bring my clubs to the next NOG and we'll have to play 18 holes at a course nearby...
Old 10-23-2006, 04:08 PM   #30

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
So, Donna...with Linn County's reservation policy allowing reservations to be made ONE YEAR in advance (unlike Oregon state parks), when do you suppose we need to be making reservations for the NOG Spring Gathering?

I'm a little confused too. I thought Donna D. was our fearless leader. It appears that might have changed.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:16 PM   #31

Registry
Byron,

I just made reservations for River Bend and was told this morning that reservations could be made for up to one year in advance. I thought that I'd share that information to those who were interested in making reservations for any of Linn County Parks. I have NO interest in being a leader of anything. Donna has done a great job. I know that you were just teasing Byron.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:39 PM   #32

Registry
Quote:
Byron,

I just made reservations for River Bend and was told this morning that reservations could be made for up to one year in advance. I thought that I'd share that information to those who were interested in making reservations for any of Linn County Parks. I have NO interest in being a leader of anything. Donna has done a great job. I know that you were just teasing Byron.
I agree that Donna has done a great job and hope she continues to. I never thought had any interest in being a leader. In case you forgot, I met you about 20 years ago.

I was interested in your assesment of River Bend. When researching possible NOG locations (with Donna) we drove through River Bend. I thought at that time it would be a good place for Anne and I to go to, but maybe not a real good gathering place.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:09 PM   #33

Registry
I agree. Not a good gathering place. First, I don't think that they have enough sites for us at the present time. If they double in size, like they plan to do next year, they might have enough sites but they would be (according to the Linn County woman that I spoke with on the phone this morning) just like the other sites...with vegatation between the sites for some privacy. The pessimism side of me says that just give it a few years before the disrespectful strip the trees between the sites for hot dog/marshmellow sticks. The saplings appear to be about three to four years old. Just right for easy pickin's. The camp host is a great guy and I'm sure that he will be keeping an eye out for...well, you know, all that kind of stuff.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:37 PM   #34

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
hmnnn one of the things I like about the Bandon gathering IS that the sites are private.

This allows you to get away and have some "me" space.

I am a hermit at heart tho, so that's just me.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:11 PM   #35

Registry
Quote:
hmnnn one of the things I like about the Bandon gathering IS that the sites are private.

This allows you to get away and have some "me" space.

I am a hermit at heart tho, so that's just me.
Gina,

In a large group like the one at Bandon I would totally agree that private sites are good. Bandon is larger and lasts longer than the Northern Oregon Gatherings. We're talking 1 or 2 nights and 20 trailers vs 4 or 5 nights and 100 trailers.

With a small group, I think feel more connected with a more open area.

Didn't I see a picture of one gathering in CA that looked like "circling the wagons".

Just my rambling thoughts.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:32 AM   #36

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
That would be Cambria.

It's not a campground proper, it's a parking lot on a cliff. The appeal there is the view.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:39 AM   #37

Registry
Quote:
That would be Cambria.

It's not a campground proper, it's a parking lot on a cliff. The appeal there is the view.
Cool.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:59 PM   #38

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
We're going back to Waterloo! By a large majority vote, it seems to be the perfect place to go the last full weekend in April....I'll update the Spring topic.

<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">BUT</span> Linn County DOES NOT take reservations for Waterloo until January 2nd (first business day after the new year). I've just spoken to Amelia and she's already receiving calls from our group trying to make reservations. Sorry, not for a couple more months! Nor will they take reservations for B Loop. Stay tuned for more info.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:15 PM   #39

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Okay, I've just updated everything on the First Page of This Topic
Old 10-29-2006, 09:38 AM   #40

Linda and Dale, since we can't get into "B" loop I don't have to go get my memo regarding the spaces we liked.

Ron N., No I'm not a professional golfer. I am a member of PWGA, Pacific Women's Golf Assoc, most all Northern California public women's golf clubs belong to this organization. PWGA has 4 major tournaments each year and I make a point of playing in those if I play in nothing else each year. I have a 6/0 record in my handicap group for the last 2 years, Alaska kept me from playing the June and August tourney's this year. Just 2 are first place the rest are seconds and fourths. So, once I play and don't place I might then move these tournaments lower on my priority list. I am going to bring my golf clubs next year.

Circling the wagons....We've been having a small little gathering at the coast in No. Cal twice a year the last couple of years. Generally there has only been about 6 to 8 trailers so we too cirlce the wagons. This is at a place which is just a large grassy area and in cirlcing the wagons we make our gathering private from all other groups and trailers that may be there.

Joy
2019 Ram Longhorn
Closed Thread