Northern Oregon Gathering - Spring Event! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 07:37 PM   #1

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
April 27-29, 2007

The votes are in, we’re going back to Waterlook Park in Linn County Oregon, in April!

HOWEVER, reservations for this park do not start until January 2, 2007! Plan ahead!

We've chosen the same sites along the northside in Loop A. Although just about the entire park has good/level sites. Click here to download either a GIF or PDF: Waterloo Map.

Starting January 2nd call 541-967-3917, tell them you're with the "Egg People." This park is NOT available for online reservations. It costs $11 to MAKE the reservation and that cost is not included in the daily fee. But this campout is before the busy season so the price will be $16 a night (electric/water only...a dump station is available).

Let's go have some more fun! Plot and Plan!!
Old 10-16-2006, 08:06 PM   #2

Trailer: Summit Weekend Refuge
May I do a "mini-hijack" of this thread to thank you, Donna, and the other folks who were so cordial to My wife Lalah and me this past weekend at your get-together? We saw a lot of rigs and had some of our preconceived ideas chaged drastically! You guys are great! And your hospitality was marvelous.

Thanks again.

Art
Old 10-16-2006, 08:06 PM   #3

Trailer: 1994 20 ft Bigfoot 5th Wheel / Toyota Tacoma SR5
I would love to go back to Waterloo in April....The spring Salmon run will be in progress. One pole, a little roe, 10 minutes on the bank and wham...a 15lb salmon from right behind the campsite. What will you bring to the Sat nite potluck???
Old 10-16-2006, 08:56 PM   #4

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
I would love to go back to Waterloo in April....The spring Salmon run will be in progress. One pole, a little roe, 10 minutes on the bank and wham...a 15lb salmon from right behind the campsite. What will you bring to the Sat nite potluck???
Sounds good to me. You might want to visit the fish market before on your way. Have them toss the fish you can say you caught it.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:57 PM   #5

Registry
Quote:
As discussed, I called ReserveAmerica this morning. There are ONLY 9 spots left in B Loop in Champoeg Park, but probably enough in A loop combined with those in B loop. That's just not going to work...so that's out!

I purpose we go back to Waterloo...I think everyone enjoyed it...unless someone come up with something similar

Whatever we chose to do, we need reservations and it appears the Oregon State Park system is so overwhelmed we might be better off staying in a county park. That may allow reservations closer to the event for those just finding out about it.

Discussion? Let your thoughts known. Just remember please, we need to stay relatively close to I-5....

At the moment Waterloo looks pretty good to me.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:45 PM   #6

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
I really liked the park where we were last weekend. I'm all for going back.

But Donna... it was voted (by everyone but you) to change the name! It is no longer called the Northern Oregon Gathering. It is now "Donna's Traveling Road Show."

Nancy
Old 10-16-2006, 11:36 PM   #7

Trailer: 80 HawaiiLo 16 ft
Hi Donna, It appears on Reserve America that only the full service sites are open on B loop until May 1st. "A" loop is open year around and totally open. Only electric and water however on A loop. Keith
Old 10-17-2006, 06:43 AM   #8

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
Would the B loop at Waterloo be open then? It sure looked pretty down there. (How about Silver Falls State Park?)

Old 10-17-2006, 10:20 AM   #9

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
I looked at Silver Falls and they mostly have tent sites. Very little in A Loop with hook ups.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:48 AM   #10

Registry
The major problem with State Parks is the time of year we want to hold this event. It's in what the State Park system call the Discovery Season. During that time Reserveamerica only has a few sites that are reservable. The rest are either closed off or first come first serve. FYI --at Silver Falls State Park there's over 45 sites with electricity and water. All of one loop has hook-ups.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:06 AM   #11

Your right Byron, I looked at A loop and it has only 9 with electric. B Loop is almost all hook ups. If we could get B Loop we would probibly fill it.

I would love to go to Silver Falls and from what I can see, B Loop is open at that time for reservations. And its close to everything and no snow.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:33 AM   #12

Registry
I certainly wouldn't have any objections to Silver Falls SP. Anne keeps saying she wants to camp there. If you like to hike and see some very pretty water falls, Silver Falls is the place.

I suspect I'll be camping there sometime before the next gathering.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:39 PM   #13

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Trillium

Click image for larger version

Name:	small2.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	5205

Quote:
Well, will anymore whining help to move this road show a bit north?

I had two Chinooks (one was 2' long) and a beautiful red Sockeye go through my front yard yesterday. We live on McAleer Creek and there have not been many for about the last ten years. My neighbor two houses upstream has been releasing a few thousand every year and apparently they are starting to come back. It was an amazing thing to view and right in our front yard!! Being a California transplant, I learned alot yesterday.

Sharon
Attached Thumbnails
smallsalmon1.jpg  
Old 10-17-2006, 01:59 PM   #14

Trailer: Perris Pacer 1979
Donna D.

Waterloo in the Spring (April 2007) has my vote. It has a good direct access just off I-5 at Lebanon, (Exit 228, go East). It has geocashing, fishing, amily & friends, large off-leash dog area...and much much more...and for us Fall enthusist, walking through the russeling leaves.

I'm not for State Parks and I'm not for always moving. I would prefer to go to the same park at least twice a year. Waterloo had an abundance of hot water, nice showers and bathrooms, and even a bar of soap at the sinks.

Why change, when Waterloo works...and was wonderful. Chari

P.S. I hope we don't dally too long on this subject. I prefer Waterloo, am willing to make a decision, and live with it.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:00 PM   #15

Silver Falls would be more north. Mapquest says it is 58 miles from Portland and is 1 hour and 25 minutes but I think it would be easier driving to go to hwy 22 and over. Less off highway driving, less turns and about the same mileage. Waterloo is listed as 90 miles from Portland.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:13 PM   #16

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
We throw in our vote for Waterloo. The camp sites were clean and there was a great area close to bathrooms for evening fires and potlucks. It would be fun to go back. This was our first gathering and we have no complaints! We've stayed at Silver Falls several times and it also has some nice amenities. We still vote Waterloo.

Charlene and Dennis
Old 10-17-2006, 11:28 PM   #17

Trailer: Burro 13 ft 1982
If your counting votes we are with Charlene and vote for Waterloo also. Wonder if they would open up loop B for us egg people? It was a long drive for us to come but would love to do it again, but if you do move it we will try to make it also.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:48 PM   #18

Trailer: Perris Pacer 1979
Hello FiberglassRv's......

Silver Creek Falls is a State Park, (you will have reservation problems, and the park is a whole lot smaller than Waterloo. Yes, you take Hwy 22 East off of I-5, go about 4 miles East and up to the top of Correctional Hill, take the Silver Creek Falls turnoff.......and then follow a very windy curvy road for another 20 miles or so to Silver Creek Falls Park. Then you have to turn off that road to go back into the campground area. The park is great for day use, but I'd never camp there...Waterloo has just as much to offer or more, and is easier to reach.

Thank you, Chari
Old 10-18-2006, 01:57 PM   #19

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I'm keeping an on this topic and will leave it open for further discussion until Sunday evening. At which time, I'll count up the "votes," and make a decision for the Spring event.

PS: I'm also going to call the Linn County Parks people and see if I can CONVINCE them to open B loop in Waterloo park for reservations. Can't hurt to ask, they've already said "No" if I don't ask, gotta give them a chance to say "Yes." (But don't count on it!)

Old 10-18-2006, 02:13 PM   #20

Trailer: Escape 17 ft 2006 / 2005 Honda Pilot
Registry
I'd be happy to go back to Waterloo - my dogs DEFINITELY vote for Waterloo for the fenced dog area - they loved their runs. . . . . . . hmmmm does that mean I get 3 votes?
Closed Thread