Northern Oregon Gathering - Spring Event - Page 12 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-25-2008, 11:52 AM   #221

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
As Isaac said, you're fine Karen. I've left a full-paid (for an 10 days!) reservation slip at home... for the Oregon Gathering... and they knew me almost as well as I knew myself. Whew. Don't worry.

I'm leaving home in about 15 minutes... see y'all soon!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:48 AM   #222

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
hmmm no reports on the NOG? gee they must be having fun! I hope the weather is good..as it is here.....
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 03:04 PM   #223

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Dennis says to tell everyone that it is hot here. T shirt weather and blue skys, can't talk long cause we are on our way to make ice cream and apple crisp.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 05:25 PM   #224

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I want pics of the Peepo Inferno
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:54 PM   #225

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hope everyone is having fabulous time at this NOG and look forward to pics. Looking forwar to seeing youse guys in July - L 'n D
p.s. Peepo Inferno ???
Old 04-27-2008, 04:58 PM   #226

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Home again, home again... what a fabulous weekend! The BEST weather we've had since LAST FALL. It's hard to believe it was snowing a week ago and we ran around in t-shirts... and I got sunburned.

The NOG firepit was throwing off heat (when needed) the domino game and horse shoes were a hit and oh my... the FOOD. Typical fiberglass group fair... and lots of it! But all around the best time was visiting. What a great bunch of people. Thank you all for contributing greatly to my mental memory book. I can't wait to see some pictures posted to relive the experience.

I'm going to post some info about the October NOG, but let's keep this particular topic for this event.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:09 PM   #227

Quote:
I want pics of the Peepo Inferno
I think there will be pictures to follow but we did learn a lot about roasting peeps. We perfected the art but had two casualty's trying to catch the escaping peeps as they were held over the fire. Don't worry Gina, we will share all we learned with you in a few weeks. Roasted peeps are really not bad. One was heard to say that they reminded them of a creme bur lay(sp) and others added them to smores.

Attemp to correct spelling.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:58 PM   #228

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
Simon and I got a friendly "beep beep" from fiberglass RV traveler Sharon Herman on the I-5 just south of Tacoma. Thanks Sharon.

Despite some wet and nasty rain on the way home, we've arrived safely, but most of the unpacking shall wait till the morrow. First things first... we've reserved site #75, ELECTRIC - woo hoo - at for 10-9-08, 3 nights. Still, we'll see most of you at Bullard's Beach in July... I'm going to practice up my Runaway Train moves.

We had a blast with all of you this weekend.
Abundant thanks for your laughter and enthusiasm - and for the unbelievable food.

Be well,
Sharen & Simon
Attached Images

HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:00 AM   #229

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
Yes, what a blast this weekend was. It was great fun to get to spend such time with each other. I think we were all out and interacting as much as we did because it was so sunny and beautiful. Sharon, I wish I had read about your book exchange idea before I got home. That would have been fun. Maybe at Bullards? And, what's with the photo of the cell phone?????

Thanks, everyone, for the laughs, the food and comraderie!
Charlene Urso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:36 AM   #230

Trailer: 1982 Burro 13 ft (My Burrito!)
Quote:
Simon and I got a friendly "beep beep" from fiberglass RV traveler Sharon Herman on the I-5 just south of Tacoma. Thanks Sharon.

Despite some wet and nasty rain on the way home, we've arrived safely, but most of the unpacking shall wait till the morrow. First things first... we've reserved site #75, ELECTRIC - woo hoo - at Silver Falls for 10-9-08, 3 nights. Still, we'll see most of you at Bullard's Beach in July... I'm going to practice up my Runaway Train moves.

We had a blast with all of you this weekend.
Abundant thanks for your laughter and enthusiasm - and for the unbelievable food.

Be well,
Sharen & Simon
Hi Sharen! Great to have met you & Simon..Thanks to your yummy DO peach cobbler & Gil's great DO sharing, I'm going to look for a DO (not Osteopath! Got one!) tomorrow! Sure was a fun NOG & I'm thrilled to have won the prize for guessing Donna's #...Still have indigestion from all the food I couldn't turn down, especially the 3 helpings of your cobbler!!YUMMMMMM! Karen L
Karen L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:36 AM   #231

Trailer: 77 Scamp
What an experience, as a new member and a first time out at an organized (or not organized as it is called) event I was amazed to meet so many nice people. If you own a trailer for the first time this is a must do event or if you are considering buying one you have the opportunity to peek in trailers and ask the owners what they like/ don't like. The furnace master saw my request and showed up to teach me ALOT about my furnace and like Santa Clause he brought a small item for my son so that I he was occupied while I learned til my head was spinning with info. So many trailers so little time to meet all the owners. Like Donna said the weather so beautiful, the ice cream I made turned into more of a slushie since the ice melted while I was busy learning about trailer, and the food (gasp) learning from the masters..beautiful job! Brandy
Flygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:39 AM   #232

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Trillium
Thanks everyone for a great time. Once again, Eric saved my behind. Would not have been much fun trying to get home without brake lights! Dave saw you behind me but you pulled off, Wayne and Mailie, saw you at Joe's Crab Shack with someone else, thought about stopping but missed the exit. Then saw Simon & Sharen on the road! It made the drive home more fun! Char, found the Springer, on order already! Now I'm in the market for a large container from the dairy section. Gil, Dillon & Riley were waiting outside when I pulled in...first thing they said was, "Did Gill miss us?"

See you all this summer!

p.s. not so sure about "creme brulee", more like marshmellow jerky...
Sharon Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:30 PM   #233

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Home again, home again... what a fabulous weekend! The BEST weather we've had since LAST FALL. It's hard to believe it was snowing a week ago and we ran around in t-shirts... and I got sunburned.

The NOG firepit was throwing off heat (when needed) the domino game and horse shoes were a hit and oh my... the FOOD. Typical fiberglass group fair... and lots of it! But all around the best time was visiting. What a great bunch of people. Thank you all for contributing greatly to my mental memory book. I can't wait to see some pictures posted to relive the experience.

I'm going to post some info about the October NOG, but let's keep this particular topic for this event.
Karen and I want to thank everyone for a great weekend! Oh, I think, as Californians, we want to take credit for the nice weather during the event. I figure we brought it up with us from the SF Bay Area.

We really enjoyed meeting folks and visiting and touring some of the trailers. As wannabes (maybe), it really helped us get a much better idea of what you can get in the various size of trailers, plus all of the variations with makes and models, and floorplans, etc.

Again, thanks to Donna, and everyone!

Don and Karen
Don Jarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:15 PM   #234

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
I'm laughing, Sharon

I knew you'd be discreet! So glad you found the springer jogger. Gertie will have fun with you.

Sharen, I'll be on the lookout for a vacuum cleaner avatar.

Brandy and Garret, you are inspirations for those of us who were lax with the name tags.... next gathering.

Adonna, your pina coladas were on par with the pomegranate martinis. Gil and Kathy, thanks for sharing your spot for breakfast. Linda and Dale, ditto for Thursday potluck and for nudging the rest of us to join the breakfast potluck.

Donna, you made the DO prep fun. It was great having your help and conversation.

I love the NOG. See you all at the Gathering.
Charlene Urso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:55 PM   #235

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
As for mislaid RESERVATION CONFIRMATIONS, here's what I've created:

At a Thrift Shop (Where else?), I bought a 3-ring binder and labeled it "CRAMPING." In it I store:

1. Casita Trailer GUIDE printed from the Internet (rarely used as whoever reads instructions?)
2. A Casita MEMBER DIRECTORY for states we're likely to travel in (ID, WA, OR, so watch out neighbors!)
3. Dutch oven RECIPES (well, there's ONE in there now - a start!)
4. In "coming up" order, CONFIRMATION PAGES I print off of my Reserve America account
5. A NOG campground LOOP PRINTOUT with numbered sites where I can note who's shacking up where...
and, finally
6. when needed, Mapquest DIRECTIONS to the campgrounds, especially those last few miles off of a freeway

OK, call me a YUMPIN YEENYUS - or - OVERLY ORGANIZED NUTTER , but when making reservations oh so many months ahead of time, keeping ALL OF THE CONFIRMATION PAGES in this one single binder that sits right here next to my pc and then travels with us when cramping is a great big bleepin help. (Karen, are you listening???)

And before July we are determined to find a stainless steel laundry tub with holes. Oughta be in the Encyclopedia of YYCA (Yumpin Yeenyus Camping Accessories).

- SharEn
Attached Images

HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:47 PM   #236

Trailer: 1988 19 ft Scamp
Thank you everyone who made this weekend an absolute blast (as it always is with this group). I can't believe that Barak is still moving after all of the bike rides that he went on with Garrett and the group rides. I only wish I had that much energy.

Peter...you're trailer just gets better with every gathering. I love the woodwork that you've done and the little details that you continue to add. Thanks for letting me have your "old" pieces to help our trailer along and for taking time to share all the little "tricks" that you've learned.

Dale...I would like a rematch on the cribbage game. We may want to play a little later at night (like past your bed time) to help even the playing field. You had some great hands.

Donna...thanks for not organizing this and for the laughs with the "moving" chair.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again at Bullards.

-Isaac
Isaac M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:27 AM   #237

Trailer: 2000 Northern Lite (The TARDIS)
Mailie and I just want to say what a fantastic time we had. We'll be talking about it for some time. Thank you to all for welcoming us into the NOG as newbies with such open arms and hearts. We won't be able to make it to Bullards in July but we certainly are looking forward to seeing you all again this fall. Sharon, thanks for letting us puppy-sit Gertie, you can leave her with us any time. Look forward to more cribbage. And that was John and Louise you saw us with at the Crab Shack. Thanks to Louise and Linda for sharing all their knowledge on dutch oven cooking. I'm sure before long, we'll have one of our own. Linda, your apple crisp was out of this world. And, Dave, as promised, I'll post the recipe for the beans in the recipe section. Until next time, Wayne.
Wayne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:11 PM   #238

I would love to see some pictures. I know there was cameras there. Please please pictures?
Old 05-01-2008, 12:30 PM   #239

Trailer: 80 HawaiiLo 16 ft
As usual Donna did a sterling job of unorganizing a another great gathering for all of us. Thanks again!

Thank god for the two Kathies and Linda or I'd been eating Cheerios. Dee and I want to Thank you all!
Jayfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:29 PM   #240

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
Thanks to all who made themselves known to us at NOG. We left Champoeg and continued down the Oregon coast and had a great trip. We went south of Lincoln city all the way to Brookings , we stay in Umpqua and Bullards Beach and will think of you this summer. We returned and thoroughly enjoyed the coast north of Lincoln City, staying at Cape Lookout and onto Astoria. Oregon has great state parks and we were very comfortable. Since I work weekends and kind of expect that I need to be on duty Canadian thanksgiving, the date of fall gathering we will have to miss.
Suzanne and Kent
Kent I is offline   Reply With Quote