Northern Oregon Gathering - Spring Event - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-02-2008, 02:03 PM   #41

Trailer: 2006 Casita Liberty Deluxe 17 ft
Hi Donna; (and all)

Looks like we got the last A loop site. Wow! Didn't think they would go that fast.

We are in A5

Cheers,
Rich & Deb
Rich S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:21 PM   #42

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Hi Donna; (and all)

Looks like we got the last A loop site. Wow! Didn't think they would go that fast.

We are in A5

Cheers,
Rich & Deb
Got the map and listing updated.

Rich made a valid statement about perhaps getting the last A loop site. So please listen up!

I sincerely hope everyone will be able to attend. But, life happens and things change. [b]IF you find you need to cancel your reservation, please let me know via e-mail (and give me a couple of days). You can cancel up to about 3 days before your arrival date and get a refund... so there's plenty of time. I think there's people who'd like to attend but can't get a site... Chari B. is one!?!

Thanks for your cooperation.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:07 PM   #43

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
I wonder if there is some one who can clarify some questions as I have been looking at what the opportunity the Northern Oregon gathering might mean for my wife and I.
1. In this campground what would it mean to be in the B loop and not in the A loop? Would one be out of the action? B loop looks more open than A loop according to the aerial Google map

2. What would it be like to travel on the oregon coast at this time of year? would you suggest the week preceeding or the week following? We would need to make vacation plans that satisfy two different employers.

3. What happens at a gathering like this as we have never been to one and I have to admit some apprehension and wondering of expectations. When we go camping we are courteous to our neighbours but we respect their space and they ours, I suspect it is different in a group. One wonders if one will fit in or not.

We are interested becuase this will be an opportunity to connect with other owners of a compact Junior and learn from them. All we have done is bring it home from Portland. Plans are in the works for new covers.
Kent I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:34 AM   #44

Hi Kent

Good questions, let's see if I can answer a couple.

Loop B is more open (and has pull through spaces and FULL Hookups), it's far enough away it would be a bit of a hike which is Okay, but you might only want to walk to Loop A (and the action) once or twice... otherwise plan to ride a bicycle or drive.

You can expect the Oregon Coast to be just about anything the last of April. Lots of rain, lots of wind or 75 degrees and sunny. I don't think anyone can predict. We've seen both types of weather the last weekend in April. A couple of years ago, some of the NOG group went to the Seafood and Wine Festival and got soaked... but, the year before it was beautiful.... go figure. One of the best parts of having a trailer is weather really doesn't matter.... you can be warm and dry.

This gathering is a time for lawn chairs and visiting! There aren't any formal plans.... although we usually end up with a couple of Pot Luck meals going on. Whether you chose to participate... is completely up to you. I, for instance, don't participate in pot lucks. But, I do bring my complete meal with me to the campfire and eat with the group. Most everyone is open to giving trailer tours... but not at any set time. If you see someone sitting outside their trailer and you want a tour... just ask!

This is the NOG (not organized gathering.... or Northern Oregon Gathering) how much time you chose to spend with others... is completely up to you!
Old 01-05-2008, 11:24 PM   #45

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Hi Kent, When we went to our first NOG, we had never been to any kind of gathering like this and reserved a spot as far away as we could walk to allow ourselves time to be alone if we got overload. As you can see by the map, we are much more centerally located now. We find that usually camp spots are considered private unless you are sitting outside then others will come visit. People are as communal as you want. We like to host a get warmed up potluck and dutch oven dinner with camp fire but after that let others do the entertaining. Some like cards or horseshoes others like to sit alone and read. Others like a trip to town to shop. It's up to you. There tends to be a community fire going every evening but also individual fires for that romantic time alone. B loop is nice but it is about 1800 feet from everyone else so you can't really run back and grab a beer or forgotten spoon unless you have a bike or something. I am sure that if you watch, a space will open up. Plans seem to change. We look forward to seeing you in April.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:07 AM   #46

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Trillium

Well said!!
Sharon Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:14 PM   #47

Trailer: 1978 13 ft Scamp
well durn it all anyway, so if i want to go and reserve in B LOOP i guess we walk to see you all!!!
SOUNDS TOO FUN TO PASS UP.
Valerie G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:47 AM   #48

Trailer: Scamp
Registry

If it's any consultation, I'll walk over to loop B to take a look at your trailer.

You're right it is too much fun to pass up.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:27 PM   #49

Trailer: 2007 17.5 ft Bigfoot (25B17.5G)
Registry
Quote:
I wonder if there is some one who can clarify some questions as I have been looking at what the opportunity the Northern Oregon gathering might mean for my wife and I.
1. In this campground what would it mean to be in the B loop and not in the A loop? Would one be out of the action? B loop looks more open than A loop according to the aerial Google map

2. What would it be like to travel on the oregon coast at this time of year? would you suggest the week preceeding or the week following? We would need to make vacation plans that satisfy two different employers.

3. What happens at a gathering like this as we have never been to one and I have to admit some apprehension and wondering of expectations. When we go camping we are courteous to our neighbours but we respect their space and they ours, I suspect it is different in a group. One wonders if one will fit in or not.

We are interested becuase this will be an opportunity to connect with other owners of a compact Junior and learn from them. All we have done is bring it home from Portland. Plans are in the works for new covers.
Kent,
What happens at the NOG, STAYS at the NOG!! (Or don't you get that TV ad in the Okanogans?)
Ron N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 04:02 PM   #50

So with all the enthusiasm expressed we have decided to ask for the time off from work committments and come.

Some questions though, is there some place that they give instructions about reserve america, in particular what happens if one want to change a site. At this point there are three sites available in the B loop . Is one better to express interest here and then wait for any cancellations on this site and then make payment privately while the person who cannot come makes the changes to their reservation. Can people transfer their reservation or are all reservations through reserve america. Once a reservation has been made can one change sites if they become aware of an opening in loop A for example.

Reserve america is all new to us. we generall do not make reservatons but maybe times , they are a changing.

Sorry to ask so many questions. this is all new to us.

Suzanne and Kent

PS I found the info I was looking for on the Oregon State park web sight rather than at reserve america.
http://www.oregon.gov/OPRD/PARKS/reserve.shtml

I think I will wait to see if there are any cancellations. Put us on the wait list please unless you have a different recommendation.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:35 PM   #51

I checked Reserve American site: ReserveAmerica in the FAQ Frequently Asked Questions, I found this
Quote:
[b]I want to change a reservation.

Once a reservation is made online, limited modifications are allowed to be made on the web site. Changing dates, sites or campgrounds must be done through our call centers. Please see contact information for the appropriate call center number.
The phone number isn't listed anywhere on the website but I've got a business card:
800-452-5687

But, I think the best method is to keep in all in house and work within the group. If someone here is going to cancel, I sincerely hope they let us all know WAY in advance so someone else can either change sites or someone without a reservation can get it.

And yes Suzannne and Kent... I too take time off from work for this (and other) fiberglass gatherings. After all, isn't that what vacation time is for... to go have some fun!

Come on Spring!
Old 01-19-2008, 05:43 PM   #52

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Hi,
My wife and I are newbies to this realm, We've just upgraded from tents to a Scamp. Is it too late to get in on this event? It sounds like fun.

Vic
victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 06:40 PM   #53

Trailer: 1999 Scamp 16 ft ('The Pod')
If I were arranging vacation time and traveling a long distance to attend this event, I would go ahead and reserve a space in B loop. It is not that far from the main group and there is a convenient parking area near A loop for those not inclined to walk or bike. If someone were to cancel, one could then move, but it would seem better to have a space a little farther away than no space at all.

B loop is the newer part of the campground as it was rebuilt after devastating flooding in 1996, so the trees are smaller than in A loop.

Vivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 06:41 PM   #54

Victor, we'd love to have you. I think the park is full...but you'd need to check. If you've read this entire topic, you might have better idea of what's what. There's still three months to go before the event and if history repeats itself, a few will need to cancel. (either out of our group or the general public who have reservations). My suggestion is to monitor this topic and check with ReserveAmerica... often. Otherwise, know we'll repeat this NOG in the Fall... probably October 10-12, we'll decide at the Spring NOG where we going. It will be someplace in the Northern Oregon (relatively close to I-5) area.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:28 PM   #55

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Last fall I procrastinated and when I decided I wanted to go there was "no room at the inn". I checked Reserve America every day until a spot opened up. My advice is to check daily and pounce when a site opens up.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:37 AM   #56

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Excellent. I'll check with the park and see about a spot. Hopefully we can get in. I'll post when/if i can reserve a space to let you know.

Vic
victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:55 PM   #57

Kent and Suzanne will be at B33. Only one site left listed as available. Popular campground that weekend. A compact junior which we have not yet had the opportunity to use. We will be looking for ideas.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:30 AM   #58

Got the listing updated on the first page. Kent, glad to see you and Suzanne were able to get a spot. Keep an eye on this topic for discussions regarding pot luck(s), etc.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:48 AM   #59

Trailer: 2000 Northern Lite (The TARDIS)
We just became the proud new owners of John and Louise's beautiful Northern Lite and were hoping to make this event. Alas, the park is full. But I'll be keeping an eye out for cancellations.
Wayne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 08:24 AM   #60

Quote:
We just became the proud new owners of John and Louise's beautiful Northern Lite and were hoping to make this event. Alas, the park is full. But I'll be keeping an eye out for cancellations.
Nice to meet you Wayne! You got a fabulous trailer, I've drooled over it several time at several gatherings.

Loop B is full too? We've got at least one trailer up there, and yes... keep an eye on the topic. We hope to hear first, before the deed is done, if someone needs to cancel so someone fiberglass can snap it up.