BC NorWest Glass Eggs Scrambled Egg Meet June 24 2012 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 03:54 PM   #15

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
SO!!! Where's da pics.

<tap...tap...tap?!>

(starting to sand bag here this weekend....)

Old 06-25-2012, 08:47 PM   #16

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Well Doug there was No sandbagging where we were but understand that wasn't the case at our old location so good thing we moved it to SON. At SON just a bunch of folks enjoying the swimming pool and a whole lot of other fun stuff.

The photos of people running around in shorts and other crazy garb can be found here
Thursday evening was warm and dry and Friday was also a fairly nice day. The rains didnt roll in until after 11pm on Friday and had stopped before the sun came up on Saturday. On Saturday morning and afternoon the weather was great. Yup we had a crazy flash thunder storm roll in with very high winds late Saturday afternoon which resulted in lots of flying awnings and trees blowing around for a scary half hour followed by heavy rains for a few hours.

The great thing about SON is they have a big club house so we moved our pot luck which was attended by over 90 people indoors & everyone was able to sit down for a fun Viking dinner by candle light. We had some amazing prize donations which added to the fun. The rains stopped while we were eating and we were able to carry the evenings planned outdoor fire musical without a problem. We discovered we have a lot of musical talent in the group.

I personally would like to thank everyone who stepped up to help out and make it a real great time regardless of what the weather forecasts were and what they actually brought us in the end. Especially those who ran around helping save each others awnings and easy up tents during the short lived but scary winds.

All in all by the comments left on our Facebook page today it appears everyone had a pretty good time. A memorable one for sure - no doubt more than a few campfire stores will be shared over the summer about it.

I personally need a few days off before I can come up with next years plan to top this years..... might not be possible.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:06 PM   #17

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Carol and everyone else involved in getting this thing under way deserves a hugh round of applause! Well done. The pics I saw were super, thanks for posting them. Saw MANY who were also at the Vintage trailer meet a few weeks earlier. Nice to see Don n Bev with their new Chebby p/u!!!!
Did ya smell the 'fresh' paint on the truck????

....now, back to this 'bagging' b.s.!!!
Old 06-25-2012, 11:11 PM   #18

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Mager View Post
Nice to see Don n Bev with their new Chebby p/u!!!!
Did ya smell the 'fresh' paint on the truck????
Sure did and it actually won the Tug Of the Year Award.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:37 PM   #19

Trailer: 2007 Casita
The Oxygen is so cool.......................... Loved seeing yet another pic of those sweet eggs. Don't see enough of them.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:23 PM   #20

Name: Jeff
Trailer: 1977 13-foot Scamp
Washington
Here are some more pictures of the Oxygen. They were taken two weeks ago at the Roslyn (WA) Vintage Trailer Rally.

The owners, Rod and Trudy, are friends of mine. I met them when I started hanging around with the Teardroppers of Oregon and Washington group about 5 years ago.

The last picture shows how they had been camping for the last 21 years. I'm not sure when Rod built that teardrop trailer but it was used for many years and has lots of miles on it. Now he is hard at work on the Oxygen which they bought in October of last year.

Rod reshaped fiberglass fenders that were made for a much larger diameter wheel and then attached them in the original wheel openings. The lower half of the body was painted at a shop owned by a friend he trades labor with. The art-deco bands, red light and reflector on the front are painted on with airbrushed highlights. They look 3D. A stainless steel trash can hides the propane tank on a cover that Rod made to hide the frame. He also added the two windows at the front. The wings on the fender skirts are stainless steel.

At the rear, a decorative metal piece for a Harly-Davidson gas tank houses the third brake light. He's working on ideas to replace the existing tail lights.

Rod really likes curved shapes and I don't think there is a straight line on this trailer. Wife Trudy likes M&M's so Rod had the painter put a blue M&M Happy Camper graphic near the door. It was a real surprise to Trudy when she first saw it.

The inside is still under construction with lots of overhead storage cabinets being added. I didn't take any pictures in there and I'm looking forward to seeing it when it is done. I'm sure it will be first-class like the rest of the work that has been done so far.

Jeff
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7115a.jpg   IMG_7116a.jpg  

IMG_7112a.jpg   IMG_7114a.jpg  

IMG_7119a.jpg   IMG_9894a.jpg