BC NorWest Glass Eggs Scrambled Egg Meet June 24 2012 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #1

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
NorWest Glass Eggs Scrambled Egg Meet June 24 2012

The Nor West Glass Eggs are very happy to be joining Brandy in hosting another fun Scrambled Egg Meet.

Location: Sons of Norway (SON) Country Club, 11901 Seux Road, Mission, B.C.
When: Thursday June 21st to Sunday June 24, 2012
Cost: Power/water sites $25 per night and dry camping sites $20/per night. Plus a $6 per trailer facility fee to cover the costs of using the SON's facilities such as gazebo, tents etc by the group. A pay station for collecting the camping fees which must be paid in cash will be set up in our camping area and we will pay the SON camp manager on behalf of all those attending.

Anyone with a molded fiberglass trailer or who is interested in them or just likes to hang out with people who own them is welcome to join us. Children are welcome to attend and with luck the weather will be good and the pool and candy store will be open for their enjoyment. Friendly dogs are also welcome but must be kept on leash on the SON property - there are a number of hiking trails in the area that they are welcome to explore with their owners.

If you have never been to the Sons of Norway location photos of previous meets at this location can be found on our Facebook page Please note the SON is not a 4 star RV resort - some may say its a bit "rustic". There is a pool and shower facilities though and a large group camp fire that can burn until the last person turns out the lights. The location is well suited to large group camp outs without impacting people outside our group. There is no sani dump station at SON but there is one located in Mission which can be used for free on your way home.

The Sons of Norway location has limited electrical/water sites and they are close together and located on a gravel area. If you want an electrical site or/or wish to camp beside a particular party in one please book early! We will do our best to accommodate those who want to camp close to a particular party but they will need to book at the same time you do - sorry but we can't hold spots for someone who is not registered.

We recommend that you take a look at the Facebook photos of past meets at this location before booking your spot. If camping pretty close to another party and on gravel is not your style then we highly recommend that you dry camp in the field area. SON has a large grass field area that will hold a lot of trailers and many in our group enjoy camping out in it. Spots in the field will go on a first come bases.

Brandy "The Queen of Fun" is putting together the events etc.and the full agenda will be sent out to participants prior to the meet. Please note on the registration form that there is a spot for you to volunteer to help with the various activities - your help is really needed to help make sure everyone gets to have as much fun as they did last year and not leave a handful of people doing all the work. If there is something not listed that you would like to see happen and if you are willing to organize it please contact us! Also if you have something trailer related or a craft you would like to sell - please feel free to bring them along and set up shop at your site.

Note although the meet is only formally running from Thursday to Sunday, Sons of Norway have indicated that we are welcome to arrive as early as Wednesday and stay up to the 26th.

Please note this will be the only meet hosted by the Nor West Glass Eggs this year - there will be no spring or fall meet at Fort Langley.

We are really looking forward to seeing lots of new and old faces at the meet!

Queen of Fun Brandy & Wagon Master Carol
Old 02-27-2012, 02:44 PM   #2

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
...just gettin' r back to the top!
Old 02-27-2012, 08:09 PM   #3

Registry
So Doug are you coming? if your going to come you had better register soon - with 4 months still to go we already have over 40 trailers registered.

BTW I should have mentioned on the main rally post above, for those who have not been to this location before that the bookings of the actual camp sites is all done through the meet organizers when you register, so you do not need to contact the Sons of Norway directly.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #4

Name: Matt and Lindsey
Trailer: 1972 Boler 1300
British Columbia
We are hoping to be finished our Boler in time to come, so I would like to register, however we may not be finished in time. Can we cancel our registration if we are unable to make it?
Old 03-06-2012, 09:23 PM   #5

Registry
You sure can - at this point we only have boon docking sites left but you should register as the meet is looking like is going to be a popular one once again, so at some point we may need to cut off the boon docking sites as well........
Old 03-07-2012, 01:14 AM   #6

British Columbia
Great, that's the way we like to camp! Thanks for your help, we will register ASAP. If we do run into needing to cancel how would we go about that? Hopefully we won't but you never know
Old 03-07-2012, 08:49 AM   #7

Registry
When you register you will get an email from the organizing team and you can just send us an email back if you need to cancel.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:24 PM   #8

British Columbia
Great Thanks!
Old 05-16-2012, 09:00 AM   #9

Name: Dan
Trailer: 1974 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Registry
I am registered and am very excited. This will be my first rally. :-)
Old 05-16-2012, 10:26 AM   #10

Registry
Dan, glad to see you are joining us - as of this AM we have 60 trailers registered and if history repeats itself we will have lot more last minute folks sign up! If the weather forecast is favorable we could have even more turn out.

The organizing committee will be brainstorming the details of the activities over a cold drinks and campfire next week ..... so all going well the final details of the meet will be posted in early June.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:13 PM   #11

Name: Mark
Trailer: 1969 Boler (Flat Top)
British Columbia
Registry
Hi Coral (and friends),

Don't book me yet but I think things might come together. After a long and arduous search I've purchased my tug and sold my car. I'm the proud newest owner of an '01 Tracker.I have an appointment to get a hitch install followed by some mechanic tune up and prep done for towing. All this in the coming week. Barring any problems is there any green space left at SON? If so I'll contact you ASAP.

Cheers,
Mark
Old 06-03-2012, 10:54 PM   #12

Registry
Hi Mark, yes we still have a *little* green space left, providing you can live without power - but you will have lots of company in that department. We have over 60 trailers signed in so far. Just register when you are ready.

Please come as you would be the only 60's Boler - we have all of the 70's covered in all sizes though.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:27 PM   #13

Name: Rick
Trailer: 1973 Bugeyed Boler
British Columbia
Registry
Carol
Do you have an updated number of registered eggs for this meet??? Two weeks to go and the long range weather looks favorable. It doesn't matter. We just returned from the TIN CAN TOURIST meet at the Sons of Norway campsite last weekend and had a blast. The weather on Saturday was great.

Rick
Old 06-08-2012, 05:09 PM   #14

Registry
Talking

I heard a rumor you where at the Tin Can Meet, possible before you where even home & had the trailer unhooked! Sorry to have missed it this year but went Glamping with the girls & we did some meet planing & checking out second hand stores for our Viking costumes, among other things

60 trailers registered so far..... with the usual last minute rush registrations to come....as well as the surprise drop ins.. last count 39 Bolers, 7 Trilliums, my trailer isnt going to be lonely this year as we have 5 Scamps! coming, rounding out the pack are the Bigfoots, Surfsides, Bigger, Beachcombers, Escapes and an Oxygen- oh and yes the TADA will be there, along with the Argosy! Hope I havent forgotten anyone. Still missing our usual Casita attendee this year.... never know they may appear.

I haven't dared check the long term forecast but I will remain hopeful right up to the point of having to pop the umbrella! Doesnt matter we have the use of the big tents as well.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Old 06-25-2012, 02:54 PM   #15

Registry
SO!!! Where's da pics.

<tap...tap...tap?!>

(starting to sand bag here this weekend....)
Old 06-25-2012, 07:47 PM   #16

Registry
Well Doug there was No sandbagging where we were but understand that wasn't the case at our old location so good thing we moved it to SON. At SON just a bunch of folks enjoying the swimming pool and a whole lot of other fun stuff.

The photos of people running around in shorts and other crazy garb can be found here
Thursday evening was warm and dry and Friday was also a fairly nice day. The rains didnt roll in until after 11pm on Friday and had stopped before the sun came up on Saturday. On Saturday morning and afternoon the weather was great. Yup we had a crazy flash thunder storm roll in with very high winds late Saturday afternoon which resulted in lots of flying awnings and trees blowing around for a scary half hour followed by heavy rains for a few hours.

The great thing about SON is they have a big club house so we moved our pot luck which was attended by over 90 people indoors & everyone was able to sit down for a fun Viking dinner by candle light. We had some amazing prize donations which added to the fun. The rains stopped while we were eating and we were able to carry the evenings planned outdoor fire musical without a problem. We discovered we have a lot of musical talent in the group.

I personally would like to thank everyone who stepped up to help out and make it a real great time regardless of what the weather forecasts were and what they actually brought us in the end. Especially those who ran around helping save each others awnings and easy up tents during the short lived but scary winds.

All in all by the comments left on our Facebook page today it appears everyone had a pretty good time. A memorable one for sure - no doubt more than a few campfire stores will be shared over the summer about it.

I personally need a few days off before I can come up with next years plan to top this years..... might not be possible.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:06 PM   #17

Registry
Carol and everyone else involved in getting this thing under way deserves a hugh round of applause! Well done. The pics I saw were super, thanks for posting them. Saw MANY who were also at the Vintage trailer meet a few weeks earlier. Nice to see Don n Bev with their new Chebby p/u!!!!
Did ya smell the 'fresh' paint on the truck????

....now, back to this 'bagging' b.s.!!!
Old 06-25-2012, 10:11 PM   #18

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Mager View Post
Nice to see Don n Bev with their new Chebby p/u!!!!
Did ya smell the 'fresh' paint on the truck????
Sure did and it actually won the Tug Of the Year Award.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:37 PM   #19

Trailer: 2007 Casita
The Oxygen is so cool.......................... Loved seeing yet another pic of those sweet eggs. Don't see enough of them.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:23 PM   #20

Name: Jeff
Trailer: 1977 13-foot Scamp
Washington
Here are some more pictures of the Oxygen. They were taken two weeks ago at the Roslyn (WA) Vintage Trailer Rally.

The owners, Rod and Trudy, are friends of mine. I met them when I started hanging around with the Teardroppers of Oregon and Washington group about 5 years ago.

The last picture shows how they had been camping for the last 21 years. I'm not sure when Rod built that teardrop trailer but it was used for many years and has lots of miles on it. Now he is hard at work on the Oxygen which they bought in October of last year.

Rod reshaped fiberglass fenders that were made for a much larger diameter wheel and then attached them in the original wheel openings. The lower half of the body was painted at a shop owned by a friend he trades labor with. The art-deco bands, red light and reflector on the front are painted on with airbrushed highlights. They look 3D. A stainless steel trash can hides the propane tank on a cover that Rod made to hide the frame. He also added the two windows at the front. The wings on the fender skirts are stainless steel.

At the rear, a decorative metal piece for a Harly-Davidson gas tank houses the third brake light. He's working on ideas to replace the existing tail lights.

Rod really likes curved shapes and I don't think there is a straight line on this trailer. Wife Trudy likes M&M's so Rod had the painter put a blue M&M Happy Camper graphic near the door. It was a real surprise to Trudy when she first saw it.

The inside is still under construction with lots of overhead storage cabinets being added. I didn't take any pictures in there and I'm looking forward to seeing it when it is done. I'm sure it will be first-class like the rest of the work that has been done so far.

Jeff
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7115a.jpg   IMG_7116a.jpg  

IMG_7112a.jpg   IMG_7114a.jpg  

IMG_7119a.jpg   IMG_9894a.jpg  

Closed Thread