NC Oct. 11-13, 2012 Fall Rally in Cherokee NC - Page 11 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-03-2012, 03:41 PM   #141

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Florida
Cherokee rally

Cathy, so sorry you won't be able to make it but better to be sure the rig is ready and safe to travel than to take chances. I look forward to seeing you somewhere else.

Though you don't have a Casita there are rallies listed on the 2 casita forums that welcome other fiberglass trailers so you could check those sites out.

As of right now we are up to 25 trailers, 42 adults.

Should be a great time!!

Old 10-03-2012, 05:09 PM   #142

Name: Jane and Greg
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul CT
South Carolina
weather

I just checked the weather forecast for the 11-14...going to be beautiful!!! High each day around 70 and low each evening around 40....good sleeping weather, and best of all, little or no chance of rain. We have decided to go up for an additional day, so will be arriving on the 10th...anyone else coming early...we just can not wait to meet you all...Greg and Jane

Old 10-03-2012, 06:51 PM   #143

Florida
Rally arrival

Jane, I plan on getting there on the 10th, too. Not sure when because I'll be coming down from NJ and stopping overnight along the way.

That weather prediction sounds great. Let's hope the foliage cooperates.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:56 PM   #144

Name: Jane and Greg
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul CT
South Carolina
10th

Jean, great, we will have the fire going for you...site 89. This is shaping up to be the best rally yet! Jane
Old 10-03-2012, 08:29 PM   #145

Name: Linda
Trailer: 16' Scamp SD
Georgia
Registry
Cherokee Rally
We will miss Cathy. I was looking forward to seeing her '73 Love Bug 13'er. Hopefully we will see her at a future rally. I will be arriving on Oct. 10th as well and am looking forward to meeting the early arrivals. It looks like we are going to have a great rally with perfect weather. The leaves are just getting started good here in the north Georgia mountains, so they should be at their peak for us in Cherokee.

Linda
Old 10-05-2012, 01:13 PM   #146

Name: Chuck
Trailer: 2012 Casita 17SD
Ohio
Excitement builds for our trip to the NC Cherokee Rally.
It sounds and looks like an excellent location. Just looked at their website to see the map and they had a link to print a coupon for a FREE bundle of wood valid until May 2013 with a 2 day minimum reservation.

Chuck and Kyle
Old 10-05-2012, 07:35 PM   #147

Name: Maynard and Jacquie
Trailer: Casita
Tennessee
Registry
Jacquie and I will be leaving out next Friday morning to Cherokee. One of my favorite places to be. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Cherokee Pride - YouTube
Old 10-05-2012, 09:34 PM   #148

Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Registry
UHaul coming North to meet U All!

Northbound! U All drive safe, U hear? C U soon!!!
Old 10-06-2012, 05:59 AM   #149

Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytalker View Post
Jacquie and I will be leaving out next Friday morning to Cherokee. One of my favorite places to be. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Cherokee Pride - YouTube

That presentation is absolutely beautiful.
Thank You,
Kip
Old 10-06-2012, 12:02 PM   #150

Georgia
Fwiw

Most of us know that occationally the white Snap Caps that cover the external rivets on Casitas, Scamps, and possibly some others, like to pop off, especially on older campers and those that are not kept under a shelter.

This is from sun light and heat. Even those campers stored under tarps and custom covers get plenty of heat, during the summer. What actually happens is that the base deteriorates and falls off taking the Scap Cap with it. Leaving an exposed rivet head.

When we got our '03 Casita in January of 2010, the man included a tube of silicone and a bag of snap caps and said, "You will need these"!
First washing, popped off 3 with the water hose and a couple of more with the bush. So far I've replaced a dozen or more. They had all been struck on with silicone.

The best way to replace them is to drill out the old rivet and replace it, the decorative Acorn Nut inside, the Snap Cap Base and Snap Cap itself. And this takes 2 people and really strong hands to pop those new 3/16" rivits, or a larger Rivet tool. Also a drill and the correct size bit.
Screws can also be used, but again all the above holds true, except for the rivet tool and strong hands. .

Sticking old or new Snap Caps on with silicone doesn't last long. Problem is that silicon doesn't stick to the underside of the "PLastic" Snap Cap very well. When the replaced cap pops off, there will be a glob of silicone, the shape of the snap cap clinging tightly to the rivet head.

So, Provided this doesn't conflict with something else Jean has planned, Saturday AM after breakfast, around 9ish, I will be available to demonstrate a way that 1 person can make those repairs that will last much longer than silicone alone, without replacing the rivet and acorn nut. There is a tad of prep involved. But the replacement itself is quick. Ten little kits can be made in 40 minutes or less while watching TV. . I carry some in the camper in a tiny plastic box to make repairs whenever needed.

I've had these repairs on my Casita since spring of 2010 and they are still holding tight. Some, that I simply put the Cap back on with Silicone, came loose in a few months when washing the trailer.

Of course the demonstration is free and nothing is for sale. However I do respond well to chocolate, hugs, hand shakes, smiles, and kisses from puppies.

We will be on site 922. Anyone interested let me know.

Kip
Old 10-06-2012, 01:54 PM   #151

Name: Eddie
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Virginia
Just made reservation for site 85. 11-13 Oct. Planing to bring a 13 Scamp I just finished restoring.
Eddie
Old 10-06-2012, 04:55 PM   #152

Name: Cathy
Trailer: 1973 Love Bug '13
Florida
Registry
I'm glad you got the site, Eddie - you will have to tell me what I missed after you get home.

Thanks to all who have offered encouragement. I am disappointed and will be thinking of you all for those days. Be safe and enjoy your time together.

Cathy
Old 10-07-2012, 01:21 PM   #153

Florida
Cherokee rally

Eddie, Welcome. I'd appreciate an email letting me know if you will be solo and what state you are from.

Looking forward to meeting you,
Old 10-08-2012, 08:35 AM   #154

Georgia
Latest attendee list-

Hi folks,

Some of this may change. If it does we will let ya know as best we can ! Jean is likely on the road, so I'm giing to go ahead and Post this

Here is the latest list as of 9PM 10/07/12.
We are missing info on some of them. Such as :

Site number--Home State--Is this your first rally?--First name of all folks in your party and so forth. Use your own disgression concerning children's names.

And there may even be a reservation that we don't know about at all.
Seems there are also some folks coming that will be staying in cabins. This could be their first rally and important that we know same info as those in RVs.

if your info is incomplete, Please Post missing info here or E-Mail Jean at borderbrae@aol.com .

This is important as Jean has some fun things planned, and your input would help tremendously.

Use your own disgression concerning children's names.

Thanks,
Kip
Don & Joyce (FL) 072
Chesley (NC) 075
Ron & Sharon (GA) 079
Scott & Alison 080
George & Rhonda (NC) 081
Shorty (AL) D82
John & Marilyn (GA) 083
Steve (SC) 084
Eddie & Laura (VA) 085
Steve (TN) 087