NC Oct. 11-13, 2012 Fall Rally in Cherokee NC - Page 9 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2012, 06:19 AM   #161

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Thumbs up Could not have said it better!

Nice job Jean! Daisy and I had a great time and enjoyed meeting everyone! Although we caught no fish, we'll get them next time! We've got one more journey before winter lock down to Service COE Camp in Silas, AL right before Thanks Giving. Gonna try some coal cooked Turkey and/or Hens. However will have microwave back up...

Shameless plug... Hope to see you all at the GE&H III event in Camden AL on 14 -17 March 2013. Travel safe; stay alert; and see ya next year.

Best wishes... Shorty sends...
Chuck Dirnsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:30 AM   #162

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Any pictures?
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:31 AM   #163

Name: Jane and Greg
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul CT
South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by djtriceflt
Northbound! U All drive safe, U hear? C U soon!!!
Don, we are Uhauling in St Augustine ...are you and your UHauls anywhere near?????
Jane SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:04 PM   #164

Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Registry
Hitch it up and go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane SC View Post
Don, we are Uhauling in St Augustine ...are you and your UHauls anywhere near?????
Hi Ms Jane and Mr. Greg,
Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and you are enjoying St. Augustine.
It's a great little city, full of history, as you know. My brother lives up there but I'm down south near Homestead FL, about 375 miles or so.

I just returned from having Thanksgiving down in Flamingo (Everglades Natl. Park) with my CT. It was great down there but not quite as glorious as the Smokies was!If you plan a stop down towards the Keys
(difficult to get a reservation down there because of the season) please let me know and I'll hitch it up and go!

I recently installed the little Curtis TV, like you and George had, and love
it's out of the way place behind the sink on a wall mount. I also installed a hide-a-way antenna which seems to work pretty good. In addition I got one of those great Camping World outside mats that fits under the awning nicely. Thanks to you, Greg, George and his wife for the neat ideas!!

Nice to hear from you and Happy UHaulin!
Old 11-28-2012, 08:21 AM   #165

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by djtriceflt

Hi Ms Jane and Mr. Greg,
Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and you are enjoying St. Augustine.
It's a great little city, full of history, as you know. My brother lives up there but I'm down south near Homestead FL, about 375 miles or so.

I just returned from having Thanksgiving down in Flamingo (Everglades Natl. Park) with my CT. It was great down there but not quite as glorious as the Smokies was!If you plan a stop down towards the Keys
(difficult to get a reservation down there because of the season) please let me know and I'll hitch it up and go!

I recently installed the little Curtis TV, like you and George had, and love
it's out of the way place behind the sink on a wall mount. I also installed a hide-a-way antenna which seems to work pretty good. In addition I got one of those great Camping World outside mats that fits under the awning nicely. Thanks to you, Greg, George and his wife for the neat ideas!!

Nice to hear from you and Happy UHaulin!
Hi Mr. Mini Cooper Pulling Uhaul Camper Don! I sent you a pm but I think I did the bad thing and responded directly it, so I received a message from the Gestapo telling me I did it not the right way, Or did you get it?? I asked if you might be interested in curtains I had made before I "reglamped?" Also, Greg is interested in how you attached the rv mount and what mount you used.... We had a Grand first time camping in your state... Home now...
Attached Thumbnails
image-1880114600.jpg  
Old 11-28-2012, 08:28 AM   #166

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane SC

Hi Mr. Mini Cooper Pulling Uhaul Camper Don! I sent you a pm but I think I did the bad thing and responded directly it, so I received a message from the Gestapo telling me I did it not the right way, Or did you get it?? I asked if you might be interested in curtains I had made before I "reglamped?" Also, Greg is interested in how you attached the rv mount and what mount you used.... We had a Grand first time camping in your state... Home now...
Oops, wrong curtains that Iam not using...here they are
Attached Thumbnails
image-613483024.jpg   image-2347635344.jpg  

Old 11-28-2012, 09:55 AM   #167

Florida
Registry
Curtains

Ms. Jane,
Glad the Florida trek was a good one. I never received a PM from you
so it must have done a boomerang or something....

Those curtains look almost like original colors and I would be interested.
I'll PM you after I write this.

The space between the outer shell and the inner shell is very close, like less than 1/2" in the area where the mount needs to be. It is just forward of the rear window beginning at the top of the sink counter. After trial and error I finally decided on 3/32" sheet metal, riveted to several longer pieces to help redistribute the weight vertically, with t-nuts installed that mated up to the wall mount bracket. I tolerance fitted the t-nuts and then peened them over so they would not turn. I had to retap them as this tightened the threads too much. The hardest part was getting it into position and I finially had to fish it up to the holes w/mechanic's wire (had to do all this from below the sink as wires interferred trying to go in from the cabinent above and there is tight working quarters down there.

Heres a pic that shows I also painted the assembly and used Marine Tex (like JB weld) to back up the t-nuts so they would not turn. Spot welding would have been better but I did not want to pull my welder out of storage. I'll take a pic of the final install and get back to you and Greg.
Attached Thumbnails
Princeton-Goulds-20121119-00295.jpg  
Old 11-28-2012, 12:48 PM   #168

South Carolina
Don, what did you use for your power supply? The TV is 12 V, did you use the light power that powers the light? Or did you fish the TV plug down the side? I assume you put the power cord and cable thru the top. The curtains and bed spread are free, just pay the postage. Greg
Old 11-28-2012, 08:13 PM   #169

Florida
Registry
Quote:
Don, what did you use for your power supply? The TV is 12 V, did you use the light power that powers the light? Or did you fish the TV plug down the side? I assume you put the power cord and cable thru the top. The curtains and bed spread are free, just pay the postage. Greg

Mr. Greg,
I used a 12 volt cord with an end identical to what was supplied with the adapter. (This way I still have the original adapter in case I ever wanted to use it with AC.) I wired it downwards to a power supply below. I had previously installed a 12V marine AM/FM/CD/MP3 player under the sink so I just wired it into that same circuit. I also have a toggle switch to cut off all power supply to the tv and radio when not using the camper for longer periods. I attached the 12v cable to the antenna cable with small cable ties and they feed into the same hole that is located just below the wall bracket.

Thanks Indeed for the curtain offer!!! I'll PM you now. Your PM came thru OK on your last attempt...
Old 11-29-2012, 05:36 AM   #170

South Carolina
Don, thanks. I came up with another solution. I purchased a under-cabinet tv mount from Best Buy. (rocketfish RF-TVMUCO1 ,13-22 ") . I did not want to deal with mounting on side of camper. Yesterday I moved the counter light to the center /over stove and sink. Looks better in the center too. I fished the cable thru the wall as well as a short extension cord to the power below. TODAY I will mount the bracket....can not wait for the sun to come up! First I will fit a 1/4 inch 11 by 8 piece of plywood inside the cabinet for support...and see how it goes...the bracket also has a 45 degree swivel! Isn"t this fun? Will send photos. Greg
Old 11-29-2012, 03:48 PM   #171

Florida
Registry
Thumbs up

Quote:
Don, thanks. I came up with another solution. I purchased a under-cabinet tv mount from Best Buy. (rocketfish RF-TVMUCO1 ,13-22 ") . I did not want to deal with mounting on side of camper. Yesterday I moved the counter light to the center /over stove and sink. Looks better in the center too. I fished the cable thru the wall as well as a short extension cord to the power below. TODAY I will mount the bracket....can not wait for the sun to come up! First I will fit a 1/4 inch 11 by 8 piece of plywood inside the cabinet for support...and see how it goes...the bracket also has a 45 degree swivel! Isn"t this fun? Will send photos. Greg
Mr. Gary,
Yes sir, about the fun!!!

I sent a PM.

Tags
fall, rally