NC Oct. 11-13, 2012 Fall Rally in Cherokee NC - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-13-2012, 11:11 AM   #81

Name: George
Trailer: 85 Uhaul CT 13
North Carolina
Kip,

I like your funny little description of last years outing; there's just something about the smell of a wet dog inside a small camper!
This sounds similar to our last two outings, the latest being this weekend. We dicided to take the two youngest of our four grandchildren on their first camping excursion. It rained so hard in route that I had to pull over to the side of the road for some 20 minutes till it slacked down, continuing on the sun came out and the road dried. Just completed setting up camp and yes you guessed it here came the rain; difference was we kept our dog dry, but the kids stayed out and played and had a FUNTASTIC time.
George Lauver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:07 PM   #82

Name: Linda
Trailer: 2005 Bigfoot 25B21FB & 2006 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Georgia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Clark View Post
Welcome Maynard & Jacquie! It will be great to meet you, too! I think we'll have a great time.

I'm going to throw this out now, if anyone plays an instrument like a guitar, dulcimer, harmonica, etc. feel free to bring it. I play the autoharp a little and would enjoy playing with other folks, but I'm not prepared to be the leader of that endeavor. I think it would be another way have some fun.
Jean,
Really enjoyed your playing at Green Eggs 'n Ham. I'm a good listener, but I don't play an instrument and if I was to sing everyone would leave. I do enjoy sitting around the campfire and listening to you guys, though!! I'll bring the cookies!
LindaLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:43 PM   #83

Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Lauver View Post
Kip,

I like your funny little description of last years outing; there's just something about the smell of a wet dog inside a small camper!
This sounds similar to our last two outings, the latest being this weekend. We dicided to take the two youngest of our four grandchildren on their first camping excursion. It rained so hard in route that I had to pull over to the side of the road for some 20 minutes till it slacked down, continuing on the sun came out and the road dried. Just completed setting up camp and yes you guessed it here came the rain; difference was we kept our dog dry, but the kids stayed out and played and had a FUNTASTIC time.

Yep! Wet dog smell in a closed up camper has a charm of it's very own.
We bring along two of the little tykes so the smell is in stereo!

Jean's 2 are too well bred and too well mannered to have an odor.

Linda's pup is a big girl! When she exits the camper, it is like sitting and watching a train go by, and anticipating the appearance of the caboose.

BTW: Linda visits exotic lands and cultures. Could she be persuaded to demonstrate some of their native dance culture, while Jean accompanies on the autoharp? (Applaud)

Kip
Kip in Ga. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:46 PM   #84

Georgia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kip in Ga. View Post
Yep! Wet dog smell in a closed up camper has a charm of it's very own.
We bring along two of the little tykes so the smell is in stereo!

Jean's 2 are too well bred and too well mannered to have an odor.

Linda's pup is a big girl! When she exits the camper, it is like sitting and watching a train go by, and anticipating the appearance of the caboose.

BTW: Linda visits exotic lands and cultures. Could she be persuaded to demonstrate some of their native dance culture, while Jean accompanies on the autoharp? (Applaud)

Kip
Kip,
Pick on me and I won't bring you back a "Circe".
Old 08-14-2012, 02:08 AM   #85

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaLee View Post
Kip,
Pick on me and I won't bring you back a "Circe".

Old 08-14-2012, 05:34 AM   #86

Trailer: 2003 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
I play in the key of CD and MP3 .
S. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:23 PM   #87

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
wet dogs, music, etc.

Kip, thinks for the kind words about my 2 beasties. Fortunately their coats shed water nicely, that said, I do always bring "dog towels" on trips and have a water proof cover on the "couch" aka side bed. Let's not think about rain at the rally. There is no way of getting around "wet dog" smell in the camper sometimes but that is minor in comparison to the company they give me. I think having the laminate flooring and not carpet helps, too. Less to get wet that way.

Music, well, we'll see. I know we'll have fun just sitting around visiting in between trips out to see the countryside, foliage, etc.
Jean Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:38 AM   #88

We're up to 15 trailers, 1 cabin and 26 people as 2 more couples have reserved spots.
Maynard & Joyce (GA), #915
Ron & Sharon (GA) D79

Should be lots of fun!
Old 08-27-2012, 09:00 PM   #89
Sam

Name: Sam
Trailer: currently shopping
North Carolina
New to this forum and interested in eggs

My wife and I would like to stop by to visit and see some of the eggs during the rally. My brother has a house in Maggie Valley where we can stay. I don't know what trailer would best suit our needs and would love to talk with some of you and see your eggs.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:07 PM   #90

Sam, we'll be happy to show you our trailers and answer questions. We'll have what is called an "egg parade" Saturday, probably from 10 am to about 2 pm during which time those who want to sort of have open house for others to see mods, etc. That would be a good time for you to visit. Once you come into the campground just head to the left and you'll see all the eggs. 2 years ago Kip and Ann came to this rally to see our eggs and then got their own.

See you in October.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:58 AM   #91

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
My wife and I would like to stop by to visit and see some of the eggs during the rally. My brother has a house in Maggie Valley where we can stay. I don't know what trailer would best suit our needs and would love to talk with some of you and see your eggs.
Sam,

What Jean said.

Great thing about this type of rally is that it is not confined to a particular "Brand". Just to a particular type. Molded fiberglass!

Many of us have owned conventional campers in the past, but a rally is a great time to learn why we now prefer the "Eggs", and their owners!

Kip
Old 08-28-2012, 06:41 AM   #92

Georgia
Registry
Quote:
Sam,

What Jean said.

Great thing about this type of rally is that it is not confined to a particular "Brand". Just to a particular type. Molded fiberglass!

Many of us have owned conventional campers in the past, but a rally is a great time to learn why we now prefer the "Eggs", and their owners!

Kip
Sam,

with 15 Eggs in one "basket", it is a good chance to see a variety and see what modifications the owners have "hatched" to individualize them for their personal needs. Looking forward to meeting you.
Linda
Old 08-28-2012, 06:43 AM   #93

Georgia
Registry
Cherokee Rally

Hey! We don't have even one 5th wheel registered. We need at least one to add to our collection.
Linda
Old 08-28-2012, 07:01 AM   #94

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaLee View Post
Hey! We don't have even one 5th wheel registered. We need at least one to add to our collection.
Linda

Still time for one to find it's way back from last year.

Just realized I've never been inside a Scamp 5th wheel.

Kip
Old 08-28-2012, 07:09 AM   #95

Georgia
Registry
Quote:

Still time for one to find it's way back from last year.

Just realized I've never been inside a Scamp 5th wheel.

Kip

Cindy has one, but she said they might not make it. I did get a quick look inside hers last year, but want to see more. Hope they, at least, get to come buy for a while.
Linda
Old 08-29-2012, 06:01 PM   #96

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Hey Jean Linda and Kip sounds like you guys are going to have a pretty good Rally we will try to get by one day have you tryed to put this on the Egg campers page?
CindyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:15 AM   #97

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyJ View Post
Hey Jean Linda and Kip sounds like you guys are going to have a pretty good Rally we will try to get by one day have you tryed to put this on the Egg campers page?

I don't recall if it has been posted on "Egg Campers" or not.

I will take a look and see if it OK to post our event there. Don't want to interfere with any club protocol.

You and Ray will surely be missed, it ya don't show up at Cherokee!

Kip
Old 08-30-2012, 07:59 AM   #98

Georgia
Egg Campers

Didn't see anywhere on "Egg Campers" to post an upcoming event.

We are scheduled for their Cloudland Canyon Ga State Park rally, next month. September. So I posted an inquiry, on that topic, as to whether or not it permissible to mention other rallies.

Reservations are now open in Cloudland Canyon State Park, Georgia - September 21-23, 2012 Forum

Kip
Old 09-03-2012, 02:27 PM   #99

Some folks posted on the Casita Forum so I'm adding them to the list I posted earlier.
Maynard & Jacquie (GA) #915
Richard & Janet (GA)#916
Joe & Leslee (GA) #920
Ron & Sharon (GA) #079
Lee & Teri (NC) #099

This puts us at 18 trailers and 1 cabin as of today. Please note, I think I may have been misreading the campground's site map and instead of a D in front of the numbers I think it may be a 0, so all their campsite numbers are 3 digits. It isn't a big deal. I plan on calling the campground within a day or 2 and will check on that when I do.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #100

Hi folks, we now have 18 trailers and 1 cabin registered for the rally, with 32 people. We've reserved the club house for Friday and Saturday evenings from 6 pm on and plan on a potluck for Saturday evening. With that in mind I'd like to get a head count of how many folks plan on taking part in the potluck and would appreciate it if you would email me directly at borderbrae@aol.com. I don't need to know what you are bringing.

We will be working on the schedule, which will be low key, relaxing and include some fun, and will get more info out when we can.

Tags
fall, rally