NC Oct. 11-13, 2012 Fall Rally in Cherokee NC - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-07-2012, 07:16 PM   #101

Name: George
Trailer: 85 Uhaul CT 13
North Carolina
Hi Folks, my wife and I had the privilege of spending several hours this afternoon visiting with Chandler at the Park Liner manufacturing facility in Gibsonville, NC. Very nice trailer, we were both very impressed. Before we departed we had a chance to meet his wife and discovered that they also camp, so-you guessed it, I invited them to join us in Cherokee offering all a chance to see their camper. No commitment at this time; however I just followed up with an email with all the info to book at Happy Holiday. I will follow up with a phone call on Monday and let everyone know if he's coming.
George Lauver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:57 PM   #102

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Good work, George. It would be yet another fiberglass trailer for us to see, and more folks to welcome to the group.
Jean Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:38 AM   #103

Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Lauver View Post
Hi Folks, my wife and I had the privilege of spending several hours this afternoon visiting with Chandler at the Park Liner manufacturing facility in Gibsonville, NC. Very nice trailer, we were both very impressed. Before we departed we had a chance to meet his wife and discovered that they also camp, so-you guessed it, I invited them to join us in Cherokee offering all a chance to see their camper. No commitment at this time; however I just followed up with an email with all the info to book at Happy Holiday. I will follow up with a phone call on Monday and let everyone know if he's coming.

Good work!

It would be good exposure for the Park Liner. I personally would like to see one. Really like some of their ideas.

Lil Snoozy folks came last year. They sold one at the rally and had other people interested as well.

Kip
Kip in Ga. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:13 AM   #104

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
My wife and I live about 50 miles south of Cherokee. Do you think if we come by that some of you could let us look at your trailers. We are looking to buy soon. We have seen all the current brands on the net but have yet to see one up close and personal.
charlsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:29 AM   #105

Cherokee rally

Charlsara, we will be having an "egg parade" Saturday at which time those owners who want to will have their trailers open for visitors. If you check here once in a while we will get a schedule posted. This will be a great opportunity to see a wide variety of trailers, ages & styles with few or many mods (depending on the owners tastes). We love showing our trailers to others!

Mike (GA) #923 is joining us, too, for a total of 19 trailers now.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:18 PM   #106

Name: Maynard and Jacquie
Trailer: Casita
Tennessee
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Clark View Post
Charlsara, we will be having an "egg parade" Saturday at which time those owners who want to will have their trailers open for visitors. If you check here once in a while we will get a schedule posted. This will be a great opportunity to see a wide variety of trailers, ages & styles with few or many mods (depending on the owners tastes). We love showing our trailers to others!

Sounds like the gathering is growing!
Skytalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #107

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up / 2004 Dodge Dakota QuadCab and 2008 Subaru Outback
Registry
That would be great if Chandler can bring a trailer to let us all look at. That would save me a trip to his factory since I definitely want to see one of those and also a Little Suzy up close. I did see one Parkliner 2 months ago on our way to TX, but I was heading West at 60 MPH and they were headed East at 60 MPH so didn't get to look too long. We all waved as we passed though.
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:56 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Clark View Post

Hi Jean, hope all is well. It appears that I maybe able to "skate" out of work for this rally, is/are there any more spots that you know of? It will just be me and Ms Daisy. I should have more fidelity by Monday of next week. Thanks you're the best!!

Travel safe. Shorty sends...
Chuck Dirnsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:34 AM   #109

Cherokee Rally

It would be great if you can join us. Call Happy Holiday RV park ( 877-782- 2765) and tell them you are with the egg campers. We are pretty much on the back side, sites 79-92 and then a few in the pull through slots 915-923. With luck they will be able to get you in near us. The site map on their website is very clear and gives you a good idea of the layout.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:30 PM   #110

Cherokee Rally

Hi folks,

List of campers I have do far:

Don & Joyce (FL) 072
Ron & Sharon (GA) 079
George & Rhonda (NC) 081
John & Elizabeth (VA) D82
John & Marilyn (GA) 083
Steve (SC) 084
Cathy (FL) 085
Chuck & Kyle (OH) 087
Dick & Muriel (FL) 088
Jane & Greg (SC) 089
Jean (FL) 090
Lynne & David (TN) 091
LindaLee (GA) 092
Lee & Teri (NC) #099
Maynard & Joyce (GA), #915
Richard & Janet (GA)#916
Joe & Leslee (GA) #920
Kip & Ann (GA) #922
Old 09-19-2012, 07:13 AM   #111

Georgia
Schedule

Hello,

Keep in mind this is strictly voluntary for all folks. No pressure as we intend to have fun at our own leisure and pace.

Thursday 9/20 : Arrive, set up, settle in and meet some folks. If you need help with anything, most anyone with a FGRV type camper can be counted on.

Jean will have name tags for ya. . She is on site 090. Ann and I are on site 922 and will be glad to help any way we can.

Friday AM some of us will likely head to Grandma's kitchen for breakfast Buffet. Anyone wishing to join us would add to the enjoyment. Last year we got a room all to ourselves. Seems there were about 15 people in our group!

Friday evening, very casual get together at the club house, starting 6 pm, bring your own supper, musical instruments, or whatever. Name tags will be available if you haven't gotten yours. ALSO, balloons will be available for you to blow up to hang on your campsite or trailer, to designate your trailer will be "open" for the egg parade. I think Jean has a "Balloon Pump" for that chore. And the balloons can be marked with a Majic marker to be HALOWEENEY,

Saturday, 10 am to 2 pm is the Egg Parade. Probably checking out other folk's trailer mods and ideas on one side of the road from 10:00-11:30 and the other side from 12:30-2:00.
(Gotta stop for lunch and walking the pups.) .

This thing is really fun and even the slightest mod you have done might be exactly what some one is looking for. Of course this is voluntary. You may want to show, or look, or both, or neither. Folks ain't gonna bug ya if a balloon isn't showing.

Saturday, 6 pm, pot luck supper at club house. An abundance of food last year. And delicious. Some of it, I didn't know exactly what it was, but went back for seconds.

Thanks!
Old 09-19-2012, 07:50 AM   #112

Name: Jane and Greg
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul CT
South Carolina
Thanks for the agenda. We are so looking forward to your well organized RALLY. This our second one ever and can't wait to meet everyone and especially see two other UHauls. We are new, but can I make a request?? Here it is: please bring copies of recipes of your potluck dish....I have a feeling you are all awesome cooks and I know we'll want the great recipes.....unless, of course, the ingeedients are a family secret, IE....! anyone related to Colonel Sanders or the Smucker brothers? rPad2 UHaul owners, Jane and Greg
Jane SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:13 PM   #113

Georgia
Recipes

Jane,

Sharing recipes is part of the fun.

I'm certtainly looking forward to seeing the U-Haul group.

Kip
Old 09-20-2012, 03:25 AM   #114

Georgia
OPPS!

The scheduld above read:

"Thursday 9/20 : Arrive, set up, settle in and meet some folks."

That date should have been Thursday 10/11.
My bad. Sorry for the confusion!

Kip
Old 09-20-2012, 06:38 AM   #115

Name: Jane and Greg
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul CT
South Carolina
Does anyone know if the clubhouse has an oven for our use for the potluck?
Jane SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:12 PM   #116

Name: Scott
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner
Georgia
Hi all. We will be picking up our Park Liner trailer Saturday, October 13 at their facility in Gibsonville, NC. I would like to meet some other folks with FGRVs, so we will head over to Cherokee, NC Saturday afternoon.

It looks like the only event we will make is the Saturday pot luck, but we would still like to come out to the Rally. We will be staying Saturday and Sunday nights and have reserved spot #080.

I saw that an invitation has been extended to Chandler from Park Liner as well, so maybe there will be a pair of his trailers there. I really look forward to meeting everyone and getting some tips as we embark on our first trip in our newly laid egg!
mrscottyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:13 AM   #117

Name: George
Trailer: 85 Uhaul CT 13
North Carolina
Scott,

Let me be the first to welcome you and yours to our gathering! Yes, I invited Chandler, Emily and family to join us if they could; no definite reply as yet. My wife Rhonda and I will be your next door neighbor's on site #81 and look forward to meeting you. Being that close I sure hope I don't accidently hook onto the wrong trailer and drive off on Sunday----Sure like that Parkliner!

George
George Lauver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:48 PM   #118

Cherokee Rally

This is growing as time goes on! What a great gathering we'll have and such a variety of trailers to see!!

First, I need to add some names to the list:
Mike (GA) #?
Peter (MI) # 911
George & Maxine (VT) # 912
Scott & ? (?) #080

Scott you are most welcome! I'd appreciate it if you'd email me at borderbrae@aol.com.

We're over 20 trailers now.

Jane, I am sure there are electric outlets for crock pots but I'm not sure about an oven in the clubhouse. That said, IF anyone is bringing a crockpot it might be good to toss in an extension cord and maybe a power strip. I have one power strip in the trailer I can bring.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:50 PM   #119

Cherokee Rally

Another update, with another addition, so I decided to redo the entire list.

Don & Joyce (FL) 072
Ron & Sharon (GA) 079
Scott (?) 080
George & Rhonda (NC) 081
John & Elizabeth (VA) D82
John & Marilyn (GA) 083
Steve (SC) 084
Cathy (FL) 085
Steve (TN) 087
Dick & Muriel (FL) 088
Jane & Greg (SC) 089
Jean (FL) 090
Lynne & David (TN) 091
LindaLee (GA) 092
Lee & Teri (NC) #099
Peter (MI) 911
George & Maxine (VT) 912
Chuck & Kyle (OH) 913
Maynard & Joyce (GA), 915
Richard & Janet (GA)916
Joe & Leslee (GA) 920
Kip & Ann (GA) 922
Mike (GA) 923

I count 23 trailers, 39 people.

I've only heard from a few about the pot luck (Sat. evening) so I hope more than those few are planning to come, share some food and enjoy the company. Bringing a recipe card of your dish is a great idea, not only in case someone would like the recipe but so folks can check in case they have an allergy to a certain food.

I was told there is seating for 25 in the club house so some folks will need to bring seats.

Will repeat my earlier mention about music, if anyone plays an instrument (guitar, harmonica, fiddle, whatever) please feel free to bring it. I enjoy my autoharp (novice level) and love to play with others. I won't be the only one with an instrument but as we all know the more the merrier.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:07 PM   #120

Cherokee rally

Musical campsites.

Shorty (AL) is now in 082 and John & Elizabeth (VA) are now in a 9?? site. Shorty is a new add to the list.

What really matters is that we all get there safely, have fun, make new friends and get home safely, inspired to enjoy our trailers even more than we did.

Tags
fall, rally