NC Oct. 11-13, 2012 Fall Rally in Cherokee NC - Page 8 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-03-2012, 03:27 PM   #99

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Florida
Some folks posted on the Casita Forum so I'm adding them to the list I posted earlier.
Maynard & Jacquie (GA) #915
Richard & Janet (GA)#916
Joe & Leslee (GA) #920
Ron & Sharon (GA) #079
Lee & Teri (NC) #099

This puts us at 18 trailers and 1 cabin as of today. Please note, I think I may have been misreading the campground's site map and instead of a D in front of the numbers I think it may be a 0, so all their campsite numbers are 3 digits. It isn't a big deal. I plan on calling the campground within a day or 2 and will check on that when I do.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:09 PM   #100

Florida
Hi folks, we now have 18 trailers and 1 cabin registered for the rally, with 32 people. We've reserved the club house for Friday and Saturday evenings from 6 pm on and plan on a potluck for Saturday evening. With that in mind I'd like to get a head count of how many folks plan on taking part in the potluck and would appreciate it if you would email me directly at borderbrae@aol.com. I don't need to know what you are bringing.

We will be working on the schedule, which will be low key, relaxing and include some fun, and will get more info out when we can.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #101

Name: George
Trailer: 85 Uhaul CT 13
North Carolina
Hi Folks, my wife and I had the privilege of spending several hours this afternoon visiting with Chandler at the Park Liner manufacturing facility in Gibsonville, NC. Very nice trailer, we were both very impressed. Before we departed we had a chance to meet his wife and discovered that they also camp, so-you guessed it, I invited them to join us in Cherokee offering all a chance to see their camper. No commitment at this time; however I just followed up with an email with all the info to book at Happy Holiday. I will follow up with a phone call on Monday and let everyone know if he's coming.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:57 PM   #102

Florida
Good work, George. It would be yet another fiberglass trailer for us to see, and more folks to welcome to the group.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:38 AM   #103

Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Lauver View Post
Hi Folks, my wife and I had the privilege of spending several hours this afternoon visiting with Chandler at the Park Liner manufacturing facility in Gibsonville, NC. Very nice trailer, we were both very impressed. Before we departed we had a chance to meet his wife and discovered that they also camp, so-you guessed it, I invited them to join us in Cherokee offering all a chance to see their camper. No commitment at this time; however I just followed up with an email with all the info to book at Happy Holiday. I will follow up with a phone call on Monday and let everyone know if he's coming.

Good work!

It would be good exposure for the Park Liner. I personally would like to see one. Really like some of their ideas.

Lil Snoozy folks came last year. They sold one at the rally and had other people interested as well.

Kip
Old 09-12-2012, 10:13 AM   #104

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
My wife and I live about 50 miles south of Cherokee. Do you think if we come by that some of you could let us look at your trailers. We are looking to buy soon. We have seen all the current brands on the net but have yet to see one up close and personal.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #105

Florida
Cherokee rally

Charlsara, we will be having an "egg parade" Saturday at which time those owners who want to will have their trailers open for visitors. If you check here once in a while we will get a schedule posted. This will be a great opportunity to see a wide variety of trailers, ages & styles with few or many mods (depending on the owners tastes). We love showing our trailers to others!

Mike (GA) #923 is joining us, too, for a total of 19 trailers now.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #106

Name: Maynard and Jacquie
Trailer: Casita
Tennessee
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Clark View Post
Charlsara, we will be having an "egg parade" Saturday at which time those owners who want to will have their trailers open for visitors. If you check here once in a while we will get a schedule posted. This will be a great opportunity to see a wide variety of trailers, ages & styles with few or many mods (depending on the owners tastes). We love showing our trailers to others!

Sounds like the gathering is growing!
Old 09-12-2012, 04:32 PM   #107

Name: Dave (and/or John)
Trailer: Scamp 16 SD std layout 6
Georgia
Registry
That would be great if Chandler can bring a trailer to let us all look at. That would save me a trip to his factory since I definitely want to see one of those and also a Little Suzy up close. I did see one Parkliner 2 months ago on our way to TX, but I was heading West at 60 MPH and they were headed East at 60 MPH so didn't get to look too long. We all waved as we passed though.
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #108

Name: aka Shorty
Trailer: Coach House - Class B
Any City USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Clark View Post

Hi Jean, hope all is well. It appears that I maybe able to "skate" out of work for this rally, is/are there any more spots that you know of? It will just be me and Ms Daisy. I should have more fidelity by Monday of next week. Thanks you're the best!!

Travel safe. Shorty sends...
Old 09-13-2012, 08:34 AM   #109

Florida
Cherokee Rally

It would be great if you can join us. Call Happy Holiday RV park ( 877-782- 2765) and tell them you are with the egg campers. We are pretty much on the back side, sites 79-92 and then a few in the pull through slots 915-923. With luck they will be able to get you in near us. The site map on their website is very clear and gives you a good idea of the layout.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:30 PM   #110

Florida
Cherokee Rally

Hi folks,

List of campers I have do far:

Don & Joyce (FL) 072
Ron & Sharon (GA) 079
George & Rhonda (NC) 081
John & Elizabeth (VA) D82
John & Marilyn (GA) 083
Steve (SC) 084
Cathy (FL) 085
Chuck & Kyle (OH) 087
Dick & Muriel (FL) 088
Jane & Greg (SC) 089
Jean (FL) 090
Lynne & David (TN) 091
LindaLee (GA) 092
Lee & Teri (NC) #099
Maynard & Joyce (GA), #915
Richard & Janet (GA)#916
Joe & Leslee (GA) #920
Kip & Ann (GA) #922
Old 09-19-2012, 08:13 AM   #111

Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
Schedule

Hello,

Keep in mind this is strictly voluntary for all folks. No pressure as we intend to have fun at our own leisure and pace.

Thursday 9/20 : Arrive, set up, settle in and meet some folks. If you need help with anything, most anyone with a FGRV type camper can be counted on.

Jean will have name tags for ya. . She is on site 090. Ann and I are on site 922 and will be glad to help any way we can.

Friday AM some of us will likely head to Grandma's kitchen for breakfast Buffet. Anyone wishing to join us would add to the enjoyment. Last year we got a room all to ourselves. Seems there were about 15 people in our group!

Friday evening, very casual get together at the club house, starting 6 pm, bring your own supper, musical instruments, or whatever. Name tags will be available if you haven't gotten yours. ALSO, balloons will be available for you to blow up to hang on your campsite or trailer, to designate your trailer will be "open" for the egg parade. I think Jean has a "Balloon Pump" for that chore. And the balloons can be marked with a Majic marker to be HALOWEENEY,

Saturday, 10 am to 2 pm is the Egg Parade. Probably checking out other folk's trailer mods and ideas on one side of the road from 10:00-11:30 and the other side from 12:30-2:00.
(Gotta stop for lunch and walking the pups.) .

This thing is really fun and even the slightest mod you have done might be exactly what some one is looking for. Of course this is voluntary. You may want to show, or look, or both, or neither. Folks ain't gonna bug ya if a balloon isn't showing.

Saturday, 6 pm, pot luck supper at club house. An abundance of food last year. And delicious. Some of it, I didn't know exactly what it was, but went back for seconds.

Thanks!
Old 09-19-2012, 08:50 AM   #112

Name: Jane and Greg
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul CT
South Carolina
Thanks for the agenda. We are so looking forward to your well organized RALLY. This our second one ever and can't wait to meet everyone and especially see two other UHauls. We are new, but can I make a request?? Here it is: please bring copies of recipes of your potluck dish....I have a feeling you are all awesome cooks and I know we'll want the great recipes.....unless, of course, the ingeedients are a family secret, IE....! anyone related to Colonel Sanders or the Smucker brothers? rPad2 UHaul owners, Jane and Greg

Tags
fall, rally