NC Oct. 11-13, 2012 Fall Rally in Cherokee NC - Page 9 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-19-2012, 03:13 PM   #113

Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
Recipes

Jane,

Sharing recipes is part of the fun.

I'm certtainly looking forward to seeing the U-Haul group.

Kip

Old 09-20-2012, 04:25 AM   #114

Georgia
OPPS!

The scheduld above read:

"Thursday 9/20 : Arrive, set up, settle in and meet some folks."

That date should have been Thursday 10/11.
My bad. Sorry for the confusion!

Kip

Old 09-20-2012, 07:38 AM   #115

Name: Jane and Greg
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul CT
South Carolina
Does anyone know if the clubhouse has an oven for our use for the potluck?
Old 09-21-2012, 03:12 PM   #116

Name: Scott
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner
Georgia
Hi all. We will be picking up our Park Liner trailer Saturday, October 13 at their facility in Gibsonville, NC. I would like to meet some other folks with FGRVs, so we will head over to Cherokee, NC Saturday afternoon.

It looks like the only event we will make is the Saturday pot luck, but we would still like to come out to the Rally. We will be staying Saturday and Sunday nights and have reserved spot #080.

I saw that an invitation has been extended to Chandler from Park Liner as well, so maybe there will be a pair of his trailers there. I really look forward to meeting everyone and getting some tips as we embark on our first trip in our newly laid egg!
Old 09-22-2012, 11:13 AM   #117

Name: George
Trailer: 85 Uhaul CT 13
North Carolina
Scott,

Let me be the first to welcome you and yours to our gathering! Yes, I invited Chandler, Emily and family to join us if they could; no definite reply as yet. My wife Rhonda and I will be your next door neighbor's on site #81 and look forward to meeting you. Being that close I sure hope I don't accidently hook onto the wrong trailer and drive off on Sunday----Sure like that Parkliner!

George
Old 09-24-2012, 01:48 PM   #118

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Florida
Cherokee Rally

This is growing as time goes on! What a great gathering we'll have and such a variety of trailers to see!!

First, I need to add some names to the list:
Mike (GA) #?
Peter (MI) # 911
George & Maxine (VT) # 912
Scott & ? (?) #080

Scott you are most welcome! I'd appreciate it if you'd email me at borderbrae@aol.com.

We're over 20 trailers now.

Jane, I am sure there are electric outlets for crock pots but I'm not sure about an oven in the clubhouse. That said, IF anyone is bringing a crockpot it might be good to toss in an extension cord and maybe a power strip. I have one power strip in the trailer I can bring.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:50 PM   #119

Florida
Cherokee Rally

Another update, with another addition, so I decided to redo the entire list.

Don & Joyce (FL) 072
Ron & Sharon (GA) 079
Scott (?) 080
George & Rhonda (NC) 081
John & Elizabeth (VA) D82
John & Marilyn (GA) 083
Steve (SC) 084
Cathy (FL) 085
Steve (TN) 087
Dick & Muriel (FL) 088
Jane & Greg (SC) 089
Jean (FL) 090
Lynne & David (TN) 091
LindaLee (GA) 092
Lee & Teri (NC) #099
Peter (MI) 911
George & Maxine (VT) 912
Chuck & Kyle (OH) 913
Maynard & Joyce (GA), 915
Richard & Janet (GA)916
Joe & Leslee (GA) 920
Kip & Ann (GA) 922
Mike (GA) 923

I count 23 trailers, 39 people.

I've only heard from a few about the pot luck (Sat. evening) so I hope more than those few are planning to come, share some food and enjoy the company. Bringing a recipe card of your dish is a great idea, not only in case someone would like the recipe but so folks can check in case they have an allergy to a certain food.

I was told there is seating for 25 in the club house so some folks will need to bring seats.

Will repeat my earlier mention about music, if anyone plays an instrument (guitar, harmonica, fiddle, whatever) please feel free to bring it. I enjoy my autoharp (novice level) and love to play with others. I won't be the only one with an instrument but as we all know the more the merrier.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:07 PM   #120

Florida
Cherokee rally

Musical campsites.

Shorty (AL) is now in 082 and John & Elizabeth (VA) are now in a 9?? site. Shorty is a new add to the list.

What really matters is that we all get there safely, have fun, make new friends and get home safely, inspired to enjoy our trailers even more than we did.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:35 AM   #121

Name: Scott
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner
Georgia
Thanks for the welcome messages. I spoke with Chandler yesterday and confirmed everything is on schedule for our trailer pickup. I mentioned the invitation to the gathering, and he stated that they would be visiting with family that weekend, so I don't think they will be coming.

We will have a full egg on our site, as my wife, Alison, and I will have our two kids and two dogs along with us. We look forward to meeting everyone and expect to pick up many tips and tricks from all of you seasoned egg owners.

Scott & Alison (GA)
Old 09-27-2012, 05:10 AM   #122

Georgia
Gift Exchange

Hi Everybody,
Looking for feed back on this.
Was wondering if anyone would like to participate in a gift exchange Saturday night, after the Pot Luck. And before the musicians start.
We did this at Green Eggs-n-Ham and it was fun.

It would be strictly voluntary.

My thoughts would be to have a $5 limit on the gifts and they should be something useful for camping. Even if it is silly.

All gifts put in a pile. All participants draw a number and pick a gift according to when their number comes up. ie, Number 1 picks first, Number 2 picks 2nd and so forth.

Once a gift is picked, the "Picker" opens it and hold it up for the rest to see, and is stuck...uh...keeps the gift to enjoy! Or you can exchange with a willing person after all gifts are open.

Of course, the "Giver" is not required to identify them self.

Any interest, thoughts or ideas?

Thanks,
Kip
Old 09-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #123

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kip in Ga.
Hi Everybody,
Looking for feed back on this.
Was wondering if anyone would like to participate in a gift exchange Saturday night, after the Pot Luck. And before the musicians start.
We did this at Green Eggs-n-Ham and it was fun.

It would be strictly voluntary.

My thoughts would be to have a $5 limit on the gifts and they should be something useful for camping. Even if it is silly.

All gifts put in a pile. All participants draw a number and pick a gift according to when their number comes up. ie, Number 1 picks first, Number 2 picks 2nd and so forth.

Once a gift is picked, the "Picker" opens it and hold it up for the rest to see, and is stuck...uh...keeps the gift to enjoy! Or you can exchange with a willing person after all gifts are open.

Of course, the "Giver" is not required to identify them self.

Any interest, thoughts or ideas?

Thanks,
Kip
Sounds fun, we will participate in gift grab. Greg and Jane
Old 09-27-2012, 03:02 PM   #124

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kip in Ga.
Hello,

Keep in mind this is strictly voluntary for all folks. No pressure as we intend to have fun at our own leisure and pace.

Thursday 9/20 : Arrive, set up, settle in and meet some folks. If you need help with anything, most anyone with a FGRV type camper can be counted on.

Jean will have name tags for ya. . She is on site 090. Ann and I are on site 922 and will be glad to help any way we can.

Friday AM some of us will likely head to Grandma's kitchen for breakfast Buffet. Anyone wishing to join us would add to the enjoyment. Last year we got a room all to ourselves. Seems there were about 15 people in our group!

Friday evening, very casual get together at the club house, starting 6 pm, bring your own supper, musical instruments, or whatever. Name tags will be available if you haven't gotten yours. ALSO, balloons will be available for you to blow up to hang on your campsite or trailer, to designate your trailer will be "open" for the egg parade. I think Jean has a "Balloon Pump" for that chore. And the balloons can be marked with a Majic marker to be HALOWEENEY,

Saturday, 10 am to 2 pm is the Egg Parade. Probably checking out other folk's trailer mods and ideas on one side of the road from 10:00-11:30 and the other side from 12:30-2:00.
(Gotta stop for lunch and walking the pups.) .

This thing is really fun and even the slightest mod you have done might be exactly what some one is looking for. Of course this is voluntary. You may want to show, or look, or both, or neither. Folks ain't gonna bug ya if a balloon isn't showing.

Saturday, 6 pm, pot luck supper at club house. An abundance of food last year. And delicious. Some of it, I didn't know exactly what it was, but went back for seconds.

Thanks!
We would like to invite everyone attending the Cherokee Fall Rally to a GET AQUAINTED DROP-IN Thursday, Oct. 11, at our site, #89, 7pm-end. We look forward to meeting you all.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:05 PM   #125

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Clark
Another update, with another addition, so I decided to redo the entire list.

Don & Joyce (FL) 072
Ron & Sharon (GA) 079
Scott (?) 080
George & Rhonda (NC) 081
John & Elizabeth (VA) D82
John & Marilyn (GA) 083
Steve (SC) 084
Cathy (FL) 085
Steve (TN) 087
Dick & Muriel (FL) 088
Jane & Greg (SC) 089
Jean (FL) 090
Lynne & David (TN) 091
LindaLee (GA) 092
Lee & Teri (NC) #099
Peter (MI) 911
George & Maxine (VT) 912
Chuck & Kyle (OH) 913
Maynard & Joyce (GA), 915
Richard & Janet (GA)916
Joe & Leslee (GA) 920
Kip & Ann (GA) 922
Mike (GA) 923

I count 23 trailers, 39 people.

I've only heard from a few about the pot luck (Sat. evening) so I hope more than those few are planning to come, share some food and enjoy the company. Bringing a recipe card of your dish is a great idea, not only in case someone would like the recipe but so folks can check in case they have an allergy to a certain food.

I was told there is seating for 25 in the club house so some folks will need to bring seats.

Will repeat my earlier mention about music, if anyone plays an instrument (guitar, harmonica, fiddle, whatever) please feel free to bring it. I enjoy my autoharp (novice level) and love to play with others. I won't be the only one with an instrument but as we all know the more the merrier.
Count us in on the potluck...Greg and Jane
Old 09-27-2012, 04:16 PM   #126

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane SC View Post
Thanks for the agenda. We are so looking forward to your well organized RALLY. This our second one ever and can't wait to meet everyone and especially see two other UHauls. We are new, but can I make a request?? Here it is: please bring copies of recipes of your potluck dish....I have a feeling you are all awesome cooks and I know we'll want the great recipes.....unless, of course, the ingeedients are a family secret, IE....! anyone related to Colonel Sanders or the Smucker brothers? rPad2 UHaul owners, Jane and Greg

Jane,
Been thinking about your "recipe" suggestion.

How about if I furnish some 3x5 cards and each person write their name, site # and the ingredients in their dish, and sit it under the edge of their pot.

With that info someone that needed the exact recipe would know who to ask.

This is Jean's idea. Also folks with allergies would know what is OK for them to eat.

Would that work? Looking for ideas.

Everyone participating in the Pot Luck please let Jean know.

Thanks,
Kip

Tags
fall, rally