NC OCT 13-16,2011:Fall Rally in Cherokee NC - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-27-2011, 02:38 PM   #15

Name: Maggie
Trailer: 2010 Trillium 13' (California-made)
Vermont
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyJ View Post
Anyone interested in another Fall Rally in Cherokee NC? We had a Rally last year in Oct. There was 23 FGRV's We had a great time with good music and good food.Let us know. Oct 13-16?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Snoozy View Post
Leslie and I where thinking about hosting a meet in Cherokee sometime this fall but I think someone has beat us to it, but I can't find any information on it. Any info?
Oct 13-16 might fit quite nicely into the return part of our sort-of-planned-but-not-really westerly then back easterly trip We'll keep an eye on the planning. Thanks!

Maggie

Old 07-31-2011, 07:02 AM   #16

Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
The only molded trailer manufacturer sponsored rally I've ever heard of are the rallies by Escape Trailer Industries. While it's true, most who chose to attend are Escape owners, it's open to all. It's a win, win for everyone. Shoot, they'd even let me participate. While trailers are what bring people together, it's really about the people.
I agree!
When a manufacturer has something "different" and/or better, it behooves them to want a cross section of users to view their product in a setting where comparisons can be made, and decisions reconsidered.

Kind of like being at a camping show. The most significant differences being more time, and observing the product for maybe days instead of just a few minutes.

Also at camping shows there is almost never a FGRV represented. Even if there were a couple there, they would be somewhat insignificant amoung all the "Bling" of the conventional ones.

We made our decision on a FGRV mostly due to last years Cherokee rally.

I had tried to discuss with my wife a couple of times about getting back into camping. Conversations were cut short. She didn't want the hassel of a big trailer in the yard and the possibility of having to puchase another large tow vehicle. Yada, Yady!

So I lured her to the mountains to see the colors. Something we hadn't done in quite a while. Once on the road I asked if it would be OK to stop by a rally that happened to be near our destination of Cherokee, and see some unique campers, and she could even stay in the car, cause it wouldn't take long. No doubt she saw right through me. But she agreed, just as long as we didn't spend a long time there.

There were several brands there, new and used, but the people were of one accord. Friendly and informative. Seems I had to suggest that we needed to leave after 2-3 hours of looking and talking, so we could get home before dark.

As we were leaving the camp ground she commited on the "SIZE" of the conventional campers and motorhomes that were in another section. On the way home we were quiet. I didn't want to seem to be pressing an issue. Then, out of the blue, she said something like, " I liked the way that second camper had the rack for shoes just inside the front door and the way another had....!" and " I liked such and such, but it would be nice to add or change...!" I knew we had both been hooked.

Kip

Old 07-31-2011, 07:10 PM   #17

Trailer: 2000 Casita SD
We will be in Happy Holiday in Cherokee Sorry for not answering anyone we have been out of town but back on trak now so more info will come
Old 07-31-2011, 07:12 PM   #18

We are going to have a Fall Rally in Cherokee please join us more details to come with in the next few days
Old 08-01-2011, 10:33 AM   #19

Trailer: 1973 Play Pac
Registry
I'd be up for that, would be my first rally!
Old 08-03-2011, 05:59 AM   #20

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky w. View Post
I'd be up for that, would be my first rally!

Be prepared for fun.

We visited last year, while we were still camperless. Got hooked on FG Campers. Purchased one 3 months later.

When we were there around noon on Friday, campers were still arriving, but many (most) were already there. There were some small groups of folks and others were just relaxing. In one group, musical instruments were being tuned for the upcoming group gathering and pot luck dinner.

And if you fish, bring along a light rod and reel.
Last year a guy was pulling in trout from the stream right behind his camper.
Pretty sure you don't need a NC fishing licence as the camp ground and stream are on a reservation. But I could be wrong on that.

Kip
Old 08-09-2011, 05:27 PM   #21

OK The Fall Rally is on in Cherokee NC OCT 13-16,2011 at the Happy Holiday RV Village. Sites 95 through 108 and if we need more the site on the other site of of camp road. We can use the Recreation Building for our Music and Saturday Meal. When making reservations remember to tell them you are with the Fiberglass RVs to get the discount.Hope to see you all there for a bigger turnout than last year.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:47 PM   #22

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
So what's the deal? Will it be 13-16 October? What is the name of the campground? How do I register (assuming you will let my Burro and me attend?) That would be about the right distance for a trip down from Central VA.

Froggie in Lynchburg, VA
Old 08-13-2011, 08:53 PM   #23

Hey Green Frog the info for the Fall Rally is on my last post.Hope you can join us. Bring an instrument to play if you play one. And yes we will let a Burro attend.lol Any fiberglass RV is welcome.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:55 PM   #24

To far from CHEROKEE But a nice campground
Old 08-13-2011, 08:59 PM   #25

http://HappyHolidayRV.com or Make reservations at 877-782-2765. Dont forget to tell them you are with the fiberglass rvs
Old 08-13-2011, 09:45 PM   #26

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyJ View Post
Hey Green Frog the info for the Fall Rally is on my last post.Hope you can join us. Bring an instrument to play if you play one. And yes we will let a Burro attend.lol Any fiberglass RV is welcome.
OK, CindyJ, I understand now that I reread your last post. I hope I will be able to get in on this event... will check my dates. I used to play (around with) the mountain dulcimer... even played it at the Old Time Fiddlers' Convention @ Galax back in the '90s. I haven't done anything requiring more talent than playing the stereo for years now, but maybe I can drag out a dulcimer or two and find a few tunes still lurking therein!

Froggie
Old 08-14-2011, 07:05 AM   #27

Georgia
We are planning to be there Friday and Saturday nights.
Kip
Old 08-14-2011, 06:51 PM   #28

Name: Alan
Trailer: FORMERLY:Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Deluxe ('The White House')
California
Cindy J -

I posted over in the Scamppers Yahoo! group - Michele and I **MAY** be able to make it here. We have the Burney Falls gathering mid September, then we are FREE. We only want to be home by, say, the end of October. So this fits in time wise.

It is just above the 2,200 foot level... what should we anticipate for weather?

I saw that you have a block of sifes sort of semi reserved. Do you figger on a full house? We went to the Hil-A-Palloza in Texas in March 2010 and since we generally have smaller trailers, they were able to double us up in some sites. Anyway, thanx for hosrting - will update you if we can pull it off.

Tags
fall, rally