NC OCT 13-16,2011:Fall Rally in Cherokee NC - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-26-2011, 05:45 PM   #57

Trailer: 2000 Casita SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kip in Ga. View Post
Last year, for the short time we "Visited", It appeared pretty low keyed, with folks visiting one another, and some were just sitting under their awnings enjoying the beautiful weather.
Some were full time campers. There were couples as well as singles. Just a wide variety of folks with the common interest of Camping in a variety of different types of "Eggs".

Of course the location allows you to "Explore" the mountains and various attractions by car.

Don't know if any "Official" activities are planned, other than the "Pot Luck" and music on Saturday night.

If ya like camping, like people, like beautiful scenery, like the smells of coffee and bacon in the early morning, and like doing what you want to do without pressure, you will throughly enjoy the Rally!

BTW, Gumbo with real OKRA sounds like a winner.

Kip
Gumbo with okra sounds good we will have other things to do but most of it is your free time to explore the area. The new welcome center has a picture of a Casita camping in the mountains and its very interesting to go there I will have info packs about the area so you cane visit places close by. more info to come.

Old 09-29-2011, 02:20 PM   #58

Name: Troy
Trailer: Burro 13'
Kentucky
Looks like I'll be there also, I just reserved site 924a. Hope I like this site it's on the end.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:10 AM   #59

Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Hawkins View Post
Looks like I'll be there also, I just reserved site 924a. Hope I like this site it's on the end.
Hi Troy,

I tried to talk the wife into that one.

I like the idea of looking out the front and seeing "most" of the other "Eggs", instead of the back of someones camper. Even though 924A is very visible it is still secluded and will likely be a bit quieter for the mid day naps. If that makes any sense at all.

We discussed it for a while and decided to compromise! We are on 101.

Kip
Old 10-01-2011, 12:02 PM   #60

Kentucky
Hi Kip
The lady at the camp ground told me I could move if I did not like the site but I do not see that happening. This will be my 1st egg Rally if I do not goto the one on Oct 6-9, at Land Between the Lakes that will depend on work.
Troy
Old 10-01-2011, 12:17 PM   #61

Georgia
Quote:
Hi Kip
The lady at the camp ground told me I could move if I did not like the site but I do not see that happening. This will be my 1st egg Rally if I do not goto the one on Oct 6-9, at Land Between the Lakes that will depend on work.
Troy

Troy,
I just now talked to the lady at Happy Holiday and she said Site 99 is now available.
Kip
Old 10-01-2011, 01:16 PM   #62

Kentucky
Thanks for the information Kip
I just called and I am now on site 99, but I'm sorry that some one is not going now.
Troy
Old 10-01-2011, 02:58 PM   #63

Georgia
Quote:
Thanks for the information Kip
I just called and I am now on site 99, but I'm sorry that some one is not going now.
Troy

Great! Now we can move ours to your old site, 924-A

Not really Troy, just messin with ya. We are staying on 101. We like the sounds of that stream.

Kip
Old 10-02-2011, 04:08 PM   #64

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
Major Bummer

Family health issue demands that I be home or close by for the next two weeks.(Involves octogenarian father, heart valve, etc.) Site 831 is now available (or will be after I call in my cancellation. It's on the lake side across the street from the gang on the creek.

Anyway, you guys try to have enough fun for me too and I'll try to get my act together for the first Spring 2012 event in the mid-Atlantic. The bright side (if there is one) will be that my Burro won't look quite so patched-together by then since I'll have the Winter to work on it.

Regretfully,
Charlie, the Frog
Old 10-05-2011, 06:14 PM   #65

Trailer: 2000 Casita SD
Fall Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
Family health issue demands that I be home or close by for the next two weeks.(Involves octogenarian father, heart valve, etc.) Site 831 is now available (or will be after I call in my cancellation. It's on the lake side across the street from the gang on the creek.

Anyway, you guys try to have enough fun for me too and I'll try to get my act together for the first Spring 2012 event in the mid-Atlantic. The bright side (if there is one) will be that my Burro won't look quite so patched-together by then since I'll have the Winter to work on it.

Regretfully,
Charlie, the Frog
Sorry to hear about your Dad we were looking forward to meeting you Frog keep us posted maybe you can join us next year Cindy
Old 10-06-2011, 09:05 AM   #66

Name: Eddie
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Virginia
I made reservations this morning, my wife and I will be in site 106. We had been wanting to camp in the area and since gas prices as down we decided to make the trip. Plus we get to see other Fiberglass campers. I think the lady at the campground said there were 24 campers in the fiberglass group.
Eddie
Old 10-06-2011, 09:12 AM   #67

Georgia
Looks like we might get some rain on Friday.

10 Day Weather Forecast for Cherokee - weather.com

Kip
Old 10-06-2011, 11:47 AM   #68

Name: steve
Trailer: casita
Tennessee
Just reserved site 834, and arriving friday around noon. I think that this is the same site I had last year. Any other musicians coming?? Borderbrae is coming from FL, as I recall.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:18 PM   #69

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilco View Post
Just reserved site 834, and arriving friday around noon. I think that this is the same site I had last year. Any other musicians coming?? Borderbrae is coming from FL, as I recall.
They must not have had time to set the phone down! This is the site I had reserved and had to surrender as mentioned in a previous posting. Glad to see it will "be in good hands!" I hope everyone will enjoy the rally and try to have a little fun for me too. With a little luck I should be able to join you next year at this time.

Froggie
Old 10-07-2011, 05:16 PM   #70

Trailer: Casita
Reserved 924A - will be arriving Thursday afternoon.

Tags
fall, rally