NC OCT 13-16,2011:Fall Rally in Cherokee NC - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2011, 07:46 PM   #1

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
OCT 13-16,2011:Fall Rally in Cherokee NC

Anyone interested in another Fall Rally in Cherokee NC? We had a Rally last year in Oct. There was 23 FGRV's We had a great time with good music and good food.Let us know. Oct 13-16?
CindyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:48 PM   #2

Name: Josie&Craig
Trailer: Escape 21
South Carolina
Registry
Sign us up, Coach and give details when they're ready.

It would be great to put faces to names and see some of the rigs up close and personal.

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
2yax2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:41 PM   #3

Trailer: 17 ft 2005 Freedom Deluxe Casita
Is October 21-22 too late in the season? We have another event to attend to in that area the week before that so hanging out in the mountains for a rally on the 21-22 would work best for us. I believe that was the same week as last year and the colors were at there peak.
Terrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:50 PM   #4

Name: Nicholas
Trailer: LiL Snoozy
South Carolina
Cherokee NC

Leslie and I where thinking about hosting a meet in Cherokee sometime this fall but I think someone has beat us to it, but I can't find any information on it. Any info?
LiL Snoozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:01 PM   #5

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
did you go to the Rally page?
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:26 PM   #6

Name: Nicholas
Trailer: LiL Snoozy
South Carolina
There is one thread way down, but it seems to be in the planning stage, and no replys in a while.
LiL Snoozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:47 AM   #7

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Good Idea

Speaking for myself, I believe manufacturers sponsering fiberglass rallies is a good idea. Usually manufacturer sponsored rallies are only for 'their kind', certainly also fine but not as rewarding as broader rallies for the general membership.

This can be beneficial for you and us.

Norm
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:16 AM   #8

Name: Josie&Craig
Trailer: Escape 21
South Carolina
Registry
We're going to Mile High Campground (no electric, no hookups, hot shower in bath house) above Cherokee for Labor Day weekend. If anyone else is in the general area we'd love to hang out one evening.

It will be our first visit to this campground, but the pix from their limited website show it's beautiful on the ridge where we'll be, awesome sunsets and mucho cool at 5280 feet even in early September.

Mebbe not so good as an organized rally, but me & Mr. 2yax love company.

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
2yax2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:30 AM   #9

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
Speaking for myself, I believe manufacturers sponsering fiberglass rallies is a good idea. Usually manufacturer sponsored rallies are only for 'their kind', certainly also fine but not as rewarding as broader rallies for the general membership.

This can be beneficial for you and us.

Norm
The only molded trailer manufacturer sponsored rally I've ever heard of are the rallies by Escape Trailer Industries. While it's true, most who chose to attend are Escape owners, it's open to all. It's a win, win for everyone. Shoot, they'd even let me participate. While trailers are what bring people together, it's really about the people.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:23 AM   #10

Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Snoozy View Post
Leslie and I where thinking about hosting a meet in Cherokee sometime this fall but I think someone has beat us to it, but I can't find any information on it. Any info?
I do not see any other rally's in Cherokee, NC so it appears ok
Old 07-27-2011, 07:17 AM   #11

Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyJ View Post
Anyone interested in another Fall Rally in Cherokee NC? We had a Rally last year in Oct. There was 23 FGRV's We had a great time with good music and good food.Let us know. Oct 13-16?
Sounds good to us! We visited that rally, before we purchased our Casita. The folks there were so nice and helpful that we decided we NEEDED one!

Any and all details would be welcomed. Had trouble finding it last year as the addresses up there are confused. GPS cordinates would be very helpful, name of park and so forth.

BTW this thread was kind of hard to find as it was quite a ways down the list.

Thanks in advance,
Kip
Kip in Ga. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:41 AM   #12

Georgia
Quote:
Here ya go!
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...-nc-46409.html

Sure would like to see y'all attend so we could get a good look at "Snoozy". Last year there were several makes and models attending, from old to new and in different sizes.
Kip
Old 07-27-2011, 07:59 AM   #13

Georgia
Quote:
Cindy are you considering the same place? I was just looking in the area and this one looks interesting.

http://www.jellystonecherokee.com/default.aspx

Kip
Old 07-27-2011, 08:17 AM   #14

Pennsylvania
Registry
I have merged the two threads....
Old 07-27-2011, 01:38 PM   #15

Trailer: 2010 Trillium 13 ft (California-made)
Registry
Quote:
Quote:
Oct 13-16 might fit quite nicely into the return part of our sort-of-planned-but-not-really westerly then back easterly trip We'll keep an eye on the planning. Thanks!

Maggie
Old 07-31-2011, 06:02 AM   #16

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
The only molded trailer manufacturer sponsored rally I've ever heard of are the rallies by Escape Trailer Industries. While it's true, most who chose to attend are Escape owners, it's open to all. It's a win, win for everyone. Shoot, they'd even let me participate. While trailers are what bring people together, it's really about the people.
I agree!
When a manufacturer has something "different" and/or better, it behooves them to want a cross section of users to view their product in a setting where comparisons can be made, and decisions reconsidered.

Kind of like being at a camping show. The most significant differences being more time, and observing the product for maybe days instead of just a few minutes.

Also at camping shows there is almost never a FGRV represented. Even if there were a couple there, they would be somewhat insignificant amoung all the "Bling" of the conventional ones.

We made our decision on a FGRV mostly due to last years Cherokee rally.

I had tried to discuss with my wife a couple of times about getting back into camping. Conversations were cut short. She didn't want the hassel of a big trailer in the yard and the possibility of having to puchase another large tow vehicle. Yada, Yady!

So I lured her to the mountains to see the colors. Something we hadn't done in quite a while. Once on the road I asked if it would be OK to stop by a rally that happened to be near our destination of Cherokee, and see some unique campers, and she could even stay in the car, cause it wouldn't take long. No doubt she saw right through me. But she agreed, just as long as we didn't spend a long time there.

There were several brands there, new and used, but the people were of one accord. Friendly and informative. Seems I had to suggest that we needed to leave after 2-3 hours of looking and talking, so we could get home before dark.

As we were leaving the camp ground she commited on the "SIZE" of the conventional campers and motorhomes that were in another section. On the way home we were quiet. I didn't want to seem to be pressing an issue. Then, out of the blue, she said something like, " I liked the way that second camper had the rack for shoes just inside the front door and the way another had....!" and " I liked such and such, but it would be nice to add or change...!" I knew we had both been hooked.

Kip
Old 07-31-2011, 06:10 PM   #17

We will be in Happy Holiday in Cherokee Sorry for not answering anyone we have been out of town but back on trak now so more info will come
Old 07-31-2011, 06:12 PM   #18

We are going to have a Fall Rally in Cherokee please join us more details to come with in the next few days
Old 08-01-2011, 09:33 AM   #19

Trailer: 1973 Play Pac
Registry
I'd be up for that, would be my first rally!
ricky w. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:59 AM   #20

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky w. View Post
I'd be up for that, would be my first rally!

Be prepared for fun.

We visited last year, while we were still camperless. Got hooked on FG Campers. Purchased one 3 months later.

When we were there around noon on Friday, campers were still arriving, but many (most) were already there. There were some small groups of folks and others were just relaxing. In one group, musical instruments were being tuned for the upcoming group gathering and pot luck dinner.

And if you fish, bring along a light rod and reel.
Last year a guy was pulling in trout from the stream right behind his camper.
Pretty sure you don't need a NC fishing licence as the camp ground and stream are on a reservation. But I could be wrong on that.

Kip

Tags
fall, rally