CA Oct 25-29 2012: Lake Casitas 11th Rally - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-03-2012, 09:02 PM   #15

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Lake Casitas

Hi Alice

We hope you do join us for the rally at Lake Casitas. I will try to give you a little info.

Bass campground is not right on the lake - Some of the sites might look down over the lake.. we haven't stayed on that side, but I believe sites around 12 to 24 all have hookups (water and electric only). Some of these sites are on the opposite side of the road ... they are 3, 6, 8, 11, 14, 17, and 20 (not on lake view side).

From 25 to 30 I believe it's basic camping.. no hookups.

It's best to go online and look at the map of Bass and you can also click on each site to see. As far as I'm seeing, none of the campsites with hookups see a lot of the lake. (If anyone knows - please post.)

I hope I haven't confused you, but when we camp at the lake in BASS.. it's a drive down to the lake (not far)... Bass is a campground with a large grass area and best for our group rally.

I hope others that know, will post here.

NOW when we talk about weather. We have had the rally at Lake Casitas for 10 years - this will be 11. Out of those years, we've had rain a couple of times, sometimes hot and it's shorts weather and ..cold at night. California is really pretty good during the time we have the rally. However, it is totally out of our hands. Prepare with both warm and cold clothes...

Old 05-04-2012, 11:49 PM   #16

Lake Casitas

Hi Jim and Jody and Brody too

I missed saying welcome to you.. and you being new to our rally.. We are looking forward to meeting you and breaking you in to the rally fun.

Old 05-06-2012, 01:29 PM   #17

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
Thank you for the info, I'll have to check the mileage and calculate how long it will take to get there and back from S. UT. Pulling a trailer slows down my time considerably and makes for long driving days.
Alice

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:30 PM   #18

Name: Rosemary
Trailer: Cardinal (Restoring)
California
Alice it will be well worth the drive. A terrific gathering.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:32 PM   #19

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
Ok, I took the plunge. Will be arriving on 10/26 for 3 nights in B19. I noticed the site is reserved for Nov & Dec so, maybe someone is familiar with the site and feels it is a good one to stay there for 2 months. Looking forward to the gathering.
Alice

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:54 PM   #20

Name: Karen
Trailer: Casita
California
Registry
Karen, Hannah and Matt plus Bella

We're going to give this another try. Gotta be better than the last try. We are in Bass 6. Reserved from Oct 25 -29th. Got a new truck and a new trailer..a Casita Liberty Deluxe! I'm not driving this time..my son-in-law Matt will take over that responsibility. 3 of us...Karen, Matt and Hannah. See you all there!
Old 05-07-2012, 10:35 PM   #21

Name: Nancy
Trailer: in the market
California
Well, we'll be there in space B4, although I have no idea what we'll have over our heads ...

My spousal unit, Al, and I saw our first Casita up close and personal last weekend and we're in love. We want to see more. We want to talk about them. We want to own one (we think). And then we found out that there are LOTS of types and sizes of fiberglass travel trailers - oh joy! Oh rapture! Imagine our dismay when it became evident that we might have seen the one and only of its type in San Diego county. What to do? Go "shopping" at Lake Casitas, that's what!

We can't wait to see all of your trailers and hear your stories, and I hope that in the interim you'll all point me in whatever direction you think will be most valuable to a newbie-wannabe.

Nancy and Al Wolfing, San Diego, CA
Old 05-07-2012, 10:41 PM   #22

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Cool Alright! Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyby View Post
We're going to give this another try.

3 of us...Karen, Matt and Hannah. See you all there!
If I didn't have a Fiber Stream, I'd have a Casita Liberty Deluxe since they're very similar. I am so looking forward to meeting you!
Old 05-07-2012, 11:59 PM   #23

Name: Karen
Trailer: Casita
California
Registry
FiberStream/Liberty Deluxe

Frederick

I loved that Fiber Stream! It had so much space..bigger stove and an oven and tons of storage space! Too bad you never got to see it! It was in such good shape for being a 1985...very very well cared for. Now the new Liberty Deluxe..it's very nice, clean and white and bright..sleeps 3 but storage space is definitely at a premium compared to the FS! Plus, after reading through the forums, I find that it is best to pack behind the axle or back of the trailer as the tongue weight is so high. That leaves even less space as you loose the area under the main dining table. I am thinking of adding a cargo carrier to the rear of the trailer and packing that with things rather than using the inside.

I love the newness of the Casita, but miss the feel of the FS. I'm glad I found the Liberty deluxe..it suits our needs the best. Look forward to meeting you too!
Old 05-09-2012, 03:24 AM   #24

Lake Casitas

Here's the sign up list so far. (Last year 53 trailers)
This is a great start ..

02-Barbara & Frank
05-Wolf & Martha
07-Liz & Eric
08-Frederick
09-Bill & Gisela
10-Dave & Elizabeth
11-Les & Carole
14-Carol & Jim
16-John & Nancy
18-Ann & Greg
19-Alice
21-Roger & Sudy
22-Bob & Cleette
23-Elvin & Sally
44-Bonnie & Tao
45-William & Martha
46-Austin & Anna
47-Joe & Joni
49-Jim & Jodi
52-Buzz & Lee
53-Jim & Carolyn
54-Ken & Cheryl
Old 05-09-2012, 03:31 PM   #25

California
Quote:
Frederick

I loved that Fiber Stream! It had so much space..bigger stove and an oven and tons of storage space! Too bad you never got to see it! It was in such good shape for being a 1985...very very well cared for. Now the new Liberty Deluxe..it's very nice, clean and white and bright..sleeps 3 but storage space is definitely at a premium compared to the FS! Plus, after reading through the forums, I find that it is best to pack behind the axle or back of the trailer as the tongue weight is so high. That leaves even less space as you loose the area under the main dining table. I am thinking of adding a cargo carrier to the rear of the trailer and packing that with things rather than using the inside.

I love the newness of the Casita, but miss the feel of the FS. I'm glad I found the Liberty deluxe..it suits our needs the best. Look forward to meeting you too!
There is a Fiber Stream for sale in Montana.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:36 PM   #26

California
Quote:
We're going to give this another try. Gotta be better than the last try. We are in Bass 6. Reserved from Oct 25 -29th. Got a new truck and a new trailer..a Casita Liberty Deluxe! I'm not driving this time..my son-in-law Matt will take over that responsibility. 3 of us...Karen, Matt and Hannah. See you all there!
Iam so happy to see that you are are coming Karen. Glad to see you are ready to get back up on the horse. Cant wait to see you.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #27

As of May 9 ..
Here's the sign up list so far. (Last year 53 trailers)
This is a great start ..

02-Barbara & Frank
04-Nancy and Al
05-Wolf & Martha
06-Karen, Matt and Hannah
07-Liz & Eric
08-Frederick
09-Bill & Gisela
10-Dave & Elizabeth
11-Les & Carole
14-Carol & Jim
16-John & Nancy
18-Ann & Greg
19-Alice
21-Roger & Sudy
22-Bob & Cleette
23-Elvin & Sally
44-Bonnie & Tao
45-William & Martha
46-Austin & Anna
47-Joe & Joni
49-Jim & Jodi
52-Buzz & Lee
53-Jim & Carolyn
54-Ken & Cheryl
Old 05-09-2012, 05:26 PM   #28

Quote:

Hi Karen, Matt and Hannah
We're so happy to see you are coming to the rally . We'll be watching for you in that new Liberty and new truck. We feel privileged to have you try again .. and we know this time you will be at the rally.

Tags
rally