Oklahoma gathering of the 'glass - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 09:48 AM   #1

Trailer: 1984 U-Haul 13 ft / Dodge V-6 PU
Foss Lake State Park, where the deer and the buffalo play. They actually have a herd of buffalo you can view. The park has 120 campsites, picnic pavillion, showers, fishing, lake swimming, hiking trails, seasonal boat rental at the marina and an eatery!

Foss Lake State Park: http://www.touroklahoma.com/detail.asp?id=1%2B5U%2B3592

It's close to Clinton, Rte 66 Museum, http://www.legendsofamerica.com/OK-Clinton.html

Elk City, National Rte 66 Museum, http://www.legendsofamerica.com/OK-ElkCity.html

Foss, a Rte 66 ghost town! http://www.legendsofamerica.com/OK-Foss.html

PLUS America's future spaceport at Burns Flat: http://spacefellowship.com/News/?p=617

It will be an intersting & fun weekend, daytime to venture out, nights to get together and visit.

Dates are May 18th to May 20th. Hope to see you there. The ranger has reserved the southside campground for our use. See map under the Foss Park link. Rates for a site with electric and water are $16 a night. Please contact me if you are coming so that I can determine how many sites we'll need. I hope to see you there.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:07 AM   #2

We are up to 3 people and two fiberglass campers! It's early yet, the campout isn't for five more months. We hope many more fiberglass campers can join us at Foss State Park.

Old 01-26-2007, 07:48 PM   #3

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to bill&sandra
Bill and I are musing over the idea. It would be nice as we have not been to Oklahome since my aunt died some years back. I always found the land to be pretty and still have a friend or two there. As we have to clear our vacations with Radio Shack where Bill works, we cannot know until mid April. Is that too late?
Old 01-26-2007, 10:50 PM   #4

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
When you first announced this I was ready to go. Unfortunately you choose a weekend that travel is out of the question, wife's birthday. Especially after we spent our wedding aniversary at the DFW Egg Gathering at Loyd park last year.

I am sure you will have quite a group and loads of fun meeting new egg people.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Bill and I are musing over the idea. It would be nice as we have not been to Oklahome since my aunt died some years back. I always found the land to be pretty and still have a friend or two there. As we have to clear our vacations with Radio Shack where Bill works, we cannot know until mid April. Is that too late?
Too late?? No, not at all. Hope to see you two out there.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:37 PM   #6

Trailer: Casita
I might be able to make it! It's a little far north for me. I generally go to Wichita Mt.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:12 PM   #7

Registry
dfw egg gathering???? omg!!!! we are just like right here! when is this usually???
that would be surely fun!

Quote:
When you first announced this I was ready to go. Unfortunately you choose a weekend that travel is out of the question, wife's birthday. Especially after we spent our wedding aniversary at the DFW Egg Gathering at Loyd park last year.

I am sure you will have quite a group and loads of fun meeting new egg people.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:08 PM   #8

Registry
I think we are going to try to make this one. Will depend on whether Bill can block those dates for himself to be off. When's the deadline for reserving. We don't mind reserving now even if we lose the reserve money.

Dates are May 18th to May 20th. Hope to see you there. The ranger has reserved the southside campground for our use. See map under the Foss Park link. Rates for a site with electric and water are $16 a night. Please contact me if you are coming so that I can determine how many sites we'll need. I hope to see you there.
[/quote]
Old 02-24-2007, 08:38 PM   #9

Quote:
I think we are going to try to make this one. Will depend on whether Bill can block those dates for himself to be off. When's the deadline for reserving. We don't mind reserving now even if we lose the reserve money.

The park hasn't asked for a reservation fee at this time. Come on and join us if you can
Old 04-01-2007, 04:04 PM   #10

Sad to say, my camper is for sale and I'm backing out of the Foss Lake trip. If anyone else iis interested in keeping it alive and ongoing please come forward.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:35 PM   #11

Registry
sorry to hear you are not getting to go and having to sell the 'egg'. I don't think we had many folks sign up did we. we are not committed as yet. What say the rest? Who is planning on going?
Old 05-06-2007, 08:20 PM   #12

Registry
well, found out yesturday not getting to go. double booked with the kids so letting the kids take a well=earned vacation and we'll stay home and finish cleaning up from the storm we had recently. will have time to take tree in backyard down.
Hope everyone going has fun!
Closed Thread