Ontario Bolerama 2007 "Retro Rally" - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-21-2007, 07:01 PM   #57

Trailer: Boler 17 ft 1977 / 04 Explorer Sport Trac
Quote:
Hi Raymond, yes, without Doug's turkey, I am an unemployed carver. Is that a job offer? I'll bring my knives
Alistair
Sure ! But I hope I am not the only show man with a turkey !

Old 06-22-2007, 11:19 AM   #58

Trailer: We miss our 1980 17 ft Boler. Now are seasonal campers in a Mallard.
We are bringing our fryer too and can easily pick up a bird if needed...

Looking forward to this GT... I will bring the old curtains I have for anyone needing some for a 17ft Boler...

Old 06-22-2007, 03:40 PM   #59

Quote:
We are bringing our fryer too and can easily pick up a bird if needed...

Looking forward to this GT... I will bring the old curtains I have for anyone needing some for a 17ft Boler...
Ouff ! I will not be alone with my turkey.....
Your curtains ? Will see, I have a 17ft Boler too.
See you soon.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:01 AM   #60

Trailer: 81 Trillium 5500 (Pearl)
Talking

Raymond, Al is unfortunately correct that herself & I have had our travel plans somewhat abruptly waylaid this year. Issues involving the real estate market in Miami have conspired to preclude the trip, but you may rest assured that we'll begin planning our 2008 visit tomorrow.
We were so looking forward to Nicole's poutine, Des's beaver tails and even Joe's pipes. As it is, we'll be anxiously awaiting the post-weekend-posts here delighting us with tales of crackerjack cuisine and fine friends. I will expect a report that your own culinary creation a la friteuse will remain true to the tradition of your vintage vinos and enlist even more converts to the gospel of grease.

And if Al writes an ode to Strawberry Wine, I think someone ought to roll tape. Such gems no doubt deserve to be preserved for posterity but mostly because Deanna Carter would want to know about it.

Doug in Miami (but not for much longer).
Old 06-24-2007, 07:08 PM   #61

Quote:
Raymond, Al is unfortunately correct that herself & I have had our travel plans somewhat abruptly waylaid this year. Issues involving the real estate market in Miami have conspired to preclude the trip, but you may rest assured that we'll begin planning our 2008 visit tomorrow.
We were so looking forward to Nicole's poutine, Des's beaver tails and even Joe's pipes. As it is, we'll be anxiously awaiting the post-weekend-posts here delighting us with tales of crackerjack cuisine and fine friends. I will expect a report that your own culinary creation a la friteuse will remain true to the tradition of your vintage vinos and enlist even more converts to the gospel of grease.

And if Al writes an ode to Strawberry Wine, I think someone ought to roll tape. Such gems no doubt deserve to be preserved for posterity but mostly because Deanna Carter would want to know about it.

Doug in Miami (but not for much longer).
"The gospel of grease..."
I think that with all that has been announced, you'll miss something. I take my camcorder with me, and plan to record a lot of things for my website, including songs by the Great Composer... I advise you when that is ready.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:56 PM   #62

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 4500
Awwww.......What a disappointment that must be...Well. there is always next year.

It is Monday nite right now, and we are leaving Tuesday noon....for the Maritimes, and then are circling back for the Retro weekend.

Are we still to bring some PEI potates and cheese kurds for poutine? Or is that not a real novelty to anyone else attending?...Assuming that most Quebecers and Ontarians are familiar with that delicacy, of cource...

I'd hate to bring everything down, and then not have a pot of oil to cook the fries in...
Old 06-26-2007, 10:40 AM   #63

Quote:
Awwww.......What a disappointment that must be...Well. there is always next year.

It is Monday nite right now, and we are leaving Tuesday noon....for the Maritimes, and then are circling back for the Retro weekend.

Are we still to bring some PEI potates and cheese kurds for poutine? Or is that not a real novelty to anyone else attending?...Assuming that most Quebecers and Ontarians are familiar with that delicacy, of cource...

I'd hate to bring everything down, and then not have a pot of oil to cook the fries in...
Hi Nicole
I'll have oil and cooker to fry my turkey. So you can use it if you bring some potatoes.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:39 PM   #64

Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
tentatively , it looks like Donna and I may make it, I have to go in to work for 4 am on Friday, but if I can finish early enough its only a 5-1/2 hour drive, keep us a spot in the group area please.
Joe
Old 07-04-2007, 09:09 PM   #65

Trailer: 2003 Casita Spirit Deluxe 16 ft (Eggs-Car-Go with ivy the tug)
Ohio
Hello to everyone, Marje and I decided today we just cannot miss Emily so we are packing as I type. Leaving tomorrow and will arrive late evening. We will be in the group area hoping to stay until Monday. Look for our solar panel and Casita, as we say here in the Weatern Reserve , the latch key is always out , you are all welcome anytime. Looking forward to catching up with old friends and meeting new ones. Safe travels to all .
Old 07-08-2007, 06:45 PM   #66

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 13 ft
Ontario
Once again we all had a great time at Emily! Warm weather and just a couple of light rain showers.

104 units registered this year.

Fred - you have done a great job once again. Thank you to you and your crew.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:14 PM   #67

Trailer: 2003 Casita Spirit Deluxe 16 ft (Eggs-Car-Go with ivy the tug)
Ohio
Hello to all, we made it back from Emily in good shape. We had a great time and felt this was the best ralley so far. Marje and I thought the Wakami Wailers put on a great show and we played their CD most of the way home. I told a few how I lost my credit card on the NY rest stop at Angola, while getting gas I unknowlingly dropped it and didn"t know it until going through customes at the Peace Bridge. To make a long story short a very nice young lady at the Canada Duty Free made a lot of calls and finally got through to the station at Angola to find out that a very honest person turned the card in and they were keeping it secure until I could return. I picked it up today and wanted to say , there are still a lot of very helpful and honest people out there and this made the Emily trip even more special. For those who were not able to stay over to Monday you are probably not aware that Fred and Donna give showers to those that stay over, Marje was one of the first to get the cold shower , I guess they thought that after 4 days she needed it. Fred said the showers were free to all "natural blonds", MARJE had to pay! Let's see some more Casita owners there next year, you really missed out on a GREAT rally! And if you haven't seen all the mods that Charlie C. has made on his 17' Casita, you are really missing out. Makes ours look like a "Plain Jane".
Photo- Fred & Ed doing what they do best......nothing.
Coke was popular again at Emily
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0985.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	8802
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN0984.JPG  
Old 07-10-2007, 12:09 AM   #68

Trailer: 2000 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe ('Millenium Eggloo')
Just to Echo the comments of Will M......Great job Fred & Donna, we're ready for next year already!

Ed & Marje, Glad I missed out on that shower routine. Tried waving at you as you were on the way out this morning, but my coffee perc was boiling over! havn't found a mod for that yet. The rest of the mods are just a few adjustments to make a good trailer just a touch better!

Glad to hear you had a good & quick trip home.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:49 PM   #69

Trailer: 1977 Boler
Hi everyone. Donna and I had a great time hosting Bolerama "Retro Rally". Checking the sign in sheet we had 106 units at Emily Park. Lots on the group site(s) and quite a few on private electric sites. Wait till you see the video. Great bunch of folks to spend time with. Thanks again for the co-operation and enthusiasm from everyone there. It takes that to pull off this kind of event.
Regards Fred Taylor
Old 07-12-2007, 08:06 PM   #70

Name: Barbara
Trailer: Boler
Ontario
No one has mentioned that Emily Provincial Park was celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the park this year. They planned their celebration to coincide with the Bolerama Weekend. There was cake and ice cream for all as well as entertainment. Just an extra touch to our event. Again great job Fred.