OREGON 2006: Discussion About Workshops - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2006, 01:01 PM   #21

Trailer: 1977 Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie
Great idea, Donna! A great ice-breaker, too.

And, those of us who drink both beer and wine get twice the fun!!!
Jackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 01:53 PM   #22

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
[b]BEER DRINKERS UNITE!

I'm going to organize a [b]Craft Beer Exchange on Thursday evening (time 7ish).
It will work like this....bring a six pack of your favorite craft beer,

Uh... I didn't know they made beer... I sure eat a lot of their macaroni and cheese tho...

Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 04:14 PM   #23

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Quote:
Uh... I didn't know they made beer... I sure eat a lot of their macaroni and cheese tho...
Bbbbaaaaaaaaaaaad, Roger. Go to your room.

Great idea, Donna D! My husband will be so excited. (Now he'll have to find bottles of Hairy Eyeball beer to bring.)

Nancy
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 08:43 PM   #24

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

I think I still have a couple of six-packs of Billy Beer that I bought during the Carter administration...
Old 02-21-2006, 07:42 AM   #25

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
I think I still have a couple of six-packs of Billy Beer that I bought during the Carter administration...
Frederick read my lips...Billy Beer = eBay.

I saw an auction about six months ago where ONE unopened can of Billy Beer went for $47 Can't even imagine what an entire six pack might go for.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 03:30 PM   #26

Trailer: Burro 13 ft 1982
About the Billy Beer, Donna you took the words right out of my mouth.

The Beer idea sounds great, as we are not big wine drinkers.

I also just wanted to throw my 2 cents worth in on the work shop suggestions. Judy and I would love to see another dutchoven workshop. We were so busy visiting, that we missed last years.

Also I don't remember her name, but someone had a workshop for relaxation and stop smoking and I would love (and need to) stop smoking.

Also Judy and I were talking yesterday about the little gadgets that we all use in our trailers to make life and storage easier in the trailers. Maybe everyone could get together and share their trailer gadgets with each other. Just a thought.

We are game for just about anything you guys come up with.

Also, whoever is taking care of the name tags. I have about 20 or more plastic name tag covers with pins in the back and some blank white cards to go with them. Will be glad to donate them to the cause if someone will give me a name and address where I can send them to.

Also keep me in mind for simple grunt work. I am happy to help out. The only catch is, I am up for a full time job, 6 days a week and 8-10 hours a day. If I get that I will not be able to do much, but if I am not hired, send some work my way. Just remember I am not that smart on the computer but I do seem to learn fast once someone explains to me how to do it.
BuzzardsBurro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 11:04 AM   #27

Trailer: 13 ft Boler (The Arctic Eggloo)
Donna, as my alltime favourite says..." MMMMMMMM.....BEEEER!" (Homer J. Simpson)

Great idea!!! Count me in!!!

jamie
Jamie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 12:42 AM   #28

I'm writing everything down like mad, Ellen. Thanks for the good ideas and the volunteering for help!

Jamie, you can't just participate in the beer exchange and get out of bringing more ice wine!

Nancy
Old 02-24-2006, 02:29 AM   #29

Trailer: 1994 Lil Bigfoot and 1967 Traveleze Royal Traveler
I'm trying really hard to figure out how to bring Walking Man IPA without actually buying a keg. Fortunately I have several months to work on it.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:56 AM   #30

Trailer: 13 ft Boler (The Arctic Eggloo)
Dave, what the hey...bring the KEG!!!
Jamie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 01:09 PM   #31

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
Dave, what the hey...bring the KEG!!!

Donna D may already know about this, but for all you other Oregon attendees, the Oregon Brewers Festival is in Portland at the end of July.

Beer Rules!

http://www.oregonbrewfest.com/fest_facts.htm

Jim Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 07:45 AM   #32
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Thanks, Jim! You have pointed out an amenity that MIGHT actually get my husband's attention...

Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 11:30 AM   #33

Trailer: Surfside TM14 1974
Registry
Not quite a workshop, but I'll pass along the thought anyway:

How about a BOOK EXCHANGE? People can bring any summer reading they're finished with and exchange it for something else. I've got a few Chicken Soup books I don't read anymore, and a few adventure novels.....

- Miriam
Miriam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 11:43 AM   #34

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
How about a BOOK EXCHANGE? People can bring any summer reading they're finished with and exchange it for something else. I've got a few Chicken Soup books I don't read anymore, and a few adventure novels.....

- Miriam
I think that's a fabulous idea Last year, on Sunday morning, we had a giveaway table going in the main gathering area. It was a place for folks to bring stuff they no longer needed/wanted. And everything was free for the taking. Books would fit the category too! Great way to get folks together for early morning coffee, etc.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 01:29 PM   #35

Great idea. I'm willing to include it if people are interested in bringing books to exchange. So, Miriam, would you be willing to organize it?

Nancy
Old 03-31-2006, 02:43 PM   #36

Trailer: Surfside TM14 1974
Registry
Quote:
Great idea. I'm willing to include it if people are interested in bringing books to exchange. So, Miriam, would you be willing to organize it?

Nancy
Probably. PM me and let's work on the arrangements.

- Miriam
Miriam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 10:57 AM   #37

Okay... here's what I have for workshops so far. Please look at these and suggest others (or even better... volunteer to lead others!).
  • Disaster Avoidance for Newbies
  • Native Inuit Culture and Lifestyle (Guess who's doing this one!)
  • Trailer Repair (I have 1 of 3 presenters for this workshop. Someone is doing fiberglass repair. Anyone else want to present with this person?)
  • Hand-piecing a Quilt Block (of Bandon lighthouse!)
Later in the afternoon, we will have a Dutch Oven cooking workshop, too.

So... chime right in here with suggestions and offers. Preparing a workshop means planning enough material for about 50-minutes of talk and demonstration, 10-min of question and answer and a handout for about 50-60 people.

Nancy
Old 04-02-2006, 06:19 PM   #38

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp
Just come by and see my interior comfy seating and five or six other original inventions. Am in the process of learning to post a slide show. Maybe before Oregon meet.
shirley munson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 02:08 PM   #39

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp
Another thought-I would like to attend a workshop about GPS. I know its not directly tied into FG trailers but it is about travel. Maybe one of our smarties would lead.
shirley munson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 05:09 PM   #40

Trailer: Love Bug 1974
Nancy, I am a volunteer EMT in my community and on the local ambulance squad. As part of our duties, we give instructions in CPR and using the small defib machines now becoming so prevalent. Given the remoteness many of us like, we are often several minutes from medical help.

If I were able to make it to your great meet, I'd volunteer. Alas, it shan't be happening, but, the local fire department or EMS could likely send someone over.

BTW, this is a FYI, but, when a person has an heart attack, for each minute they don't receive medical attention lessens the chances of survival by 10%. The small defibs are getting to be very reasonably priced. Would you ever consider inviting a rep who sells these, I am sure they would do a great job with the demo as well.

just a thought,
Gigi
Gigi is offline   Reply With Quote