OREGON 2006: Kayaking - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2006, 10:48 AM   #1

Trailer: 1977 Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie
I am planning a kayak/canoe shuttle on the Coquille River. I would like to know how many people might be interested, when they are arriving, and when planning to leave, so I can pick a good day.

There really are no rentals available, so you would need to bring your own boat(s). This is flat water, but there could be some wind near the campground, which would be the planned take-out.

Please reply here, if you are interested in Kayaking while at the Oregon Gathering.
Jackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 08:48 PM   #2

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
Woo hoo - sounds like fun Jackie. We are definately interested. We will arrive Thurs and are staying through the next week. We have a canoe. Our kayaking friends call us the 'sag wagon' 'cause we can bring along all the extras (beach blankets, picnic baskets, whatever).

Thanks for starting this thread, looking forward to it!

Dave & Kathie

Dave and Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 07:11 AM   #3

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Sounds like you guys are going to have a blast! My wife and I often take our canoe with us when we go somewhere in our Casita. We're thinking of buying some kayaks and learning how to handle stuff up to Class III. There's lots of whitewater here in NC, so we have plenty of areas to train. So far, we only do flatwater and some mild riffles in our canoe. But we want to take lessons and learn how to negotiate mild whitewater.
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:10 AM   #4

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
~Just moving this topic to the top of the list.~
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 07:52 AM   #5

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer 13 ft / 2005 Honda Element
Jackie,

I'll bring my boat again this year. I'll be there from late Thurs 'til Mon checkout or so. Will it be a different stretch of the river than last year?

Eric
ERIC B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 10:25 AM   #6

Trailer: 1977 Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie
HiEric - It will be nice to see you again!

I am planning on doing a shuttle, if others want, probably from the campground up about 10 miles. The tide will be coming in, so that will be in our favor. I need to call the local kayak man and check on how well that will work, and possible take-outs. (I just returned from 3 weeks in Alaska, 10 days of them kayaking around glaciers , so am a bit behind on scheduling...).

See ya there!
Jackie is offline   Reply With Quote