OREGON 2006: Thanks to EVERYONE!!!! - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-17-2006, 06:04 PM   #1

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
Hello to all that attended the "Sturgis" of Fiberglass trailers this weekend!

I had an absolutely wonderful time meeting everyone and seeing ALL your trailers! Such a creative group of folks, and all in one place.. it never ceases to amaze me how simple ideas can make the richest comforts!

Finally meeting most of you guys was great. Putting faces with the names, and "Off Board" stories has made all of you pop out of my laptop and now you are "3D" in my mind.

Special thanks to Nancy, who did a wonderful (and stressful) gig. Ellen, Donna, and all the others, thank you so much for welcoming me and opening your trailers and fridges to the poor little tented waif. I felt like such a homeless critter, but only because I didn't have a crunchy roof, not because I didn't feel at home.

Fred and Robert,.. thanks for the gear transport and sublet. Without you packing my junk around and putting up with my space invasion, It would not have been as easy to meet all these wonderful folks.

Everyone, I hope you have/had a great and uneventful trip home.

PS.. I don't need to eat for a month!!!!

Hope to see you next year!

Old 07-17-2006, 06:14 PM   #2

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
HI! Gina,
it was good to see you too and everyone else , had a great time.
Thank you Nancy and all who helped to put this Oregon Gathering on, see you next year.

Old 07-17-2006, 06:39 PM   #3

Trailer: 1968 Venture (Molded Fiberglass 19 ft Class A Motorhome) and 82 TranStar B+
Send a message via AIM to Penny Taylor Send a message via Yahoo to Penny Taylor
Quote:
Gina: thank you so much for welcoming me and opening your trailers and fridges to the poor little tented waif. I felt like such a homeless critter, but only because I didn't have a crunchy roof, not because I didn't feel at home.
None of my beeswax, Gina, but did your Burro run off ?
Old 07-17-2006, 06:48 PM   #4

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
You know how stubborn Burros can get.. he got mad and ran!!!

No! I did not have the time to tow up, so I flew in for a long weekend. (YES!!! There is a real airport at Coos Bay..) The big Tin Eskimo to the rescue!!!

Fred and Robert toted up my tent and a small camping box with my essentials for me. (Since they were coming that way anyway )

I had all I needed to have a small private and comfortable sleeping space with my own "suff", but.. yeah, I missed the luxurious expanse of my rig.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:42 PM   #5

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Yes, Donna D. lied through her teeth to me about having a "lunch date" in Coos Bay on Thursday afternoon. Then, she went to pick up Gina D. at the airport in North Bend. What a wonderful surprise!!!!! Thank you for coming to the Gathering, Gina! And, thank you for everyone who made her trip and stay possible.

Nancy
Old 07-18-2006, 10:59 AM   #6

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Yes, Donna D. lied through her teeth to me about having a "lunch date" in Coos Bay on Thursday afternoon. Then, she went to pick up Gina D. at the airport in North Bend. What a wonderful surprise!!!!! Thank you for coming to the Gathering, Gina! And, thank you for everyone who made her trip and stay possible.

Nancy
I am sooooo grateful I didn't have to tell that "story" twice...my momma taught me to tell the truth, that way you never have to remember what you said....whew...isn't that a fact!

But, what am I going to do if I REALLY do have to leave the Gathering to have lunch with a friend
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 11:23 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Name: Reace
Trailer: Escape Manufacturer
What an excellent weekend! Long drive....but it was great to be able to meet everyone and now I can put a face to a name.

Glad to hear all is well with your daughter Nancy! Scary business.

It was neat to see all the upgrades and modifications and especially the trailers that had been brought back to life.

I look forward to doing it again next year, but with the whole family.

Thanks again for the invite!

Reace
Old 07-18-2006, 11:37 PM   #8

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft
I was so happy to finally meet you as well. You do make a fine product.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:37 PM   #9

Trailer: 2001 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Custom
Hi All, What a great weekend. I had so much fun and I also loved seeing more of you to put faces with the names. Taylor and I made it home and had a great trip north. Gina what a treat to finally meet up with you and lend you my bike to trek around on. I am really looking forward to next year already.

Fiberglass trailers what a great way to connect together and make lasting friendships with such a small initial commonality. What we find is depth of character and great generosity amoung ourselves. Thank you all once more for your gift of sharing.

Linda Kissinger