Oregon Gathering - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2003, 04:55 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Oregon Gathering

I wanted to bring this message to the front of the pack so that maybe someone might see it for the first time and think "Hey, I don't have anything to do that weekend. I think I'll go!" There are 14 trailers signed up so far. Hope to see you there!

Original Message:
Okay... make your reservations now! Oregon Gathering in Bandon at the Bullard's Beach State Park on July 18-20, 2003. Call toll-free 1-800-452-5687, Mon-Fri, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. for reservations. Here is the website for the park:

http://www.oregonstateparks.org/park_71.php

We (Mike and Nancy) are going to be in Loop C on site 42. Call and reserve your site right away. The cost is $20 per night plus $6 for reservations. So the total for the weekend is $46. This includes water and electric hookups. Each of these sites has at least a 12'X 12' tent space also.

All fiberglass trailer owners are welcome to come. The more, the merrier! Let me know when you make your reservation and at which campsite you will be located.

Nancy

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 04:59 PM   #2

Pictures of Campground

You can go to this site to see pictures of Bullard's Beach State Park. It's a beautiful campground.

http://www.oregonstateparks.org/park_71.php?md=pic

Also, it's right at Bandon which is a wonderful little seatown along the Oregon coast.

Nancy

Old 04-10-2003, 09:46 AM   #3

Well, we have four trailers signed up so far. :cblob Any other Oregonians or Californians interested?

Nancy

Old 04-10-2003, 09:53 AM   #4

The Oregon Coast with it's state parks is probably my favorite place to camp (other than here in BC). Sue and I would love to go - but work this year prevents us from any advance planning.

Bandon is great as is the whole coast. I miss Cape Blanco especially.

Hope you all have a great time. :)

Old 04-10-2003, 09:57 AM   #5

That's too bad, Rick. We would love for you and Sue to come! Maybe we can do this again next year and you can make it then. The southern coast of Oregon is one of my most favorite spots that I've seen in the world.

Nancy

Old 04-10-2003, 04:03 PM   #6

ScampCamp/CasitaFest?

Hi Nancy, ':wave'

We just made Reservations, yea ! ':banana' We'll be in space C46.':party'

Loooking forward to a great time.':ola'

Old 04-10-2003, 05:51 PM   #7

Yippee!

Hot dog! We're on a roll now! That makes five trailers!
:ola
I can't wait to meet you all! This will be so much fun.

Nancy

Old 04-11-2003, 03:42 AM   #8

Hey Nancy & Gang,

Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy!!!! You're coming to my neck of the woods!

I've been a bit out of the loop lately... trying to get ready to continue construction on the garage... and getting ready for my Mom & Dad's 10 day visit (in their trailer)... and then more friends... and then my nephew... and trying to rehab the Casita.

In any case, I will call the campground tomorrow (Fri) and see wazzuup! Bullards Beach is indeed an outstanding example of Oregon's State parks! Millie and I live just one hour South, in Gold Beach... and at the very least, we will come visit during that weekend so we can meet some of you.

While you guys are in Bandon, MAKE SURE you go eat a lunch or dinner at Billy SmoothBoars just south of Bandon proper on the West side of Hwy 101. Uhmmmmmmmmm... EXTREMELY tasty French Dip w/mushrooms and Steaks at very reasonable prices!

Hardin Optical http://hardinoptical.com/ is also on the southern edge of Bandon... they have some MONSTER sized telescopes for sale or just to marvel at!

And... if you want an inexpensive but, tasty breakfast, try "Foster's" in downtown Bandon... on the west side of Hwy 101.

And... don't miss out on a quick, FREE tour of "Bandon Cheese Factory"!

And... "The Station" in downtown Bandon has some pretty good chow, too! (across from Bandon Cheese Factory)

And... the Cape Blanco lighthouse is just 30 minutes south... but it's currently under renovation http://www.currycountyreporter.com/local.shtml

And... come visit ME in Gold Beach... and eat at Indian Creek Cafe, or Port Hole Cafe, and ride the Jet Boats at Jerry's or Mail Boats... or go Chinook Salmon fishing on the world famous Rogue River!!! See Jeff at Gold Beach Adventures http://goldbeachadventures.com/ to rent a kayak or book a professional Salmon fishing guide. They're all across the street or within walking distance from my cabin.

And... well... that's why we live here in our tiny cabin on the southern Oregon coast! Call or email if you have questions.

Old 04-11-2003, 12:38 PM   #9

OK... we'll be there too... I just reserved space C-39. :r

Old 04-13-2003, 01:58 AM   #10

FRESH Coffee Anyone??

Any coffee drinkers among the group? I roast my own coffee from green beans. My staple is Indonesian Sulawesi Toraja roasted into french roast (very dark). I could also do a batch of the same in decaf. Millie & I are by no means coffee connoisseurs... we just love great coffees at inexpensive prices... so we started roasting our own a few years ago.

Did you know that once green coffee beans are roasted, they begin to go stale in about 5-7 days? My roasted coffees are only 24 hours old... Ummmmmmmmmm good! If any of you want to try some, I'll bring extra to the campout.

Old 04-13-2003, 10:51 PM   #11

Hot dog!

Hey, Dave and Millie, I'm so glad you all are coming! Woo hoo! :party This makes 6 trailers! This is GREAT!

I LOVE good (strong) coffee. Ummmm. Please bring some. That would be wonderful. There is nothing better than the smell of brewing coffee along with the smell of a campfire in the morning. Thanks!

I just got back from a women's retreat in Bandon this weekend. My women's group rents a house next to the jetty every April. We had a blast. You're so right about there being so much to do in Bandon. There is also an ocean-side 18-hole golf course for those who like to golf. I'm looking forward to meeting you two!

Nancy

Old 04-14-2003, 12:53 PM   #12

Update

Alright! As of this morning, we are up to NINE trailers! Woo Hoo!

:banana

Nancy

Old 04-27-2003, 07:37 AM   #13

Yearly Event?

Nancy, I know you can't predict the future (you'd probably be a lottery winner if you could)..but, do you suppose this ScampCamp may turn out to be a yearly event? I'm one of those worker-bees that must schedule my vacation for the year by January 1...everything after that is catch-as-catch-can. Unfortunately someone has already got dibs on the dates for this ScampCamp (can you hear me whining?). This particular camp-out is one of the closest for me, and I HATE the fact I must miss it. BUT, next year??? Please keep the date in mind when you all get together in July.:banana

Old 04-29-2003, 11:08 PM   #14

Donna, we will surely talk about this at the Oregon gathering in July. I will make sure of it! We'll let you know when we get back about the possibilities of another campout and when it will be. Too bad that you can't come this year. We are up to NINE trailers now! I am flabergasted! I did not expect this many.

Nancy

Old 05-12-2003, 02:25 PM   #15

Woo Hoo!

We now have 12 trailers signed up for our little ol' Oregon Gathering! It's more than I ever imagined! We have people from CA, OR and WA. Anyone else out there that wants to come, let me know.

Nancy

Old 05-12-2003, 02:53 PM   #16

OOH! I wish I could come!

Unfortunatley I don't think I'll be that far west in July. I'm keeping an eye out for get-togethers later in the year though!

Old 05-12-2003, 04:41 PM   #17

Oregon Scamp Camp

Nancy,

Wish we could be there in July, but can't; looks like we will be in that area toward the end of June, tho. Maybe next time. :wave

BillH :sunny
Fiver

Old 05-12-2003, 09:28 PM   #18

Oregon

It sure sounds like you guys are gonna have fun.

I'm with Donna D. If you decide to have this event next year, we're going to try to be there.

Jim & Shelly

Old 05-14-2003, 03:20 PM   #19

Jim, Bill and JR, I sure wish you could make it this year but I understand. (I can't make it to a couple of other close gatherings either.) I bet we will do this again next year. We just got our 14th trailer signed up!

Nancy

Old 07-13-2003, 08:34 AM   #20

Make that 15

Look for us at C28. I can feel that salt air now. :)