PineKnot F G R V Rally--East Texas Piney Woods - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-04-2006, 11:48 AM   #41

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe 2003
<span style="color:#CC0000"><span style="font-family:Microsoft Sans Serif">The Lufkin CrimeStoppers Band will play at PineKnot at 6:30PM on Thursday, October 12, 2006.</span></span>

Click image for larger version

Name:	CSB_Promo_2006_web.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	5078
Paul Stringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 09:20 AM   #42

<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><span style="font-family:Arial Black">::::ATTENTION::::</span></span>

<span style="color:#006600"><span style="font-family:Microsoft Sans Serif">I talked with Claude at Tonkawa a few minutes ago and was told that they are almost full. Anyone who registers from now on may be assigned to a water/electric site--no sewer hookup. (The campground does have a dump station). I don't especially like this news because I had been assured that there would be room for up to 70 trailers, and we have less than 50 who plan to attend. I think there will be adequate accommodations for all of our group. However, since we are growing, we may want to discuss alternate locations for next year.

SO... See y'all next week. Try to come as early as you can. </span></span>

Paul S.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:13 PM   #43

Trailer: 16 ft Casita
Paul- Yesterday my mother and father, Toby and Sharon Matherly, drove their 16' Scamp over for a test drive to make sure everything was set to go before Thursday's departure to Pineknot. My husband and I, owners of a 13' Lovebug, were going to follow them. This afternoon I received a phone call from my mother and was informed that dad was put in the hospital and is going to have a heart catherization procedure tomorrow. Because of this we are going to have to cancel our plans. If he is feeling okay and the doctors have no objection we may take a ride up Saturday to meet everyone and look at the eggs. Mom and Dad were very exited about the trip, as it was going to be the first outing with the Scamp that they purchased in August. They spend every day doing something to it. Hopefully we will see everyone Saturday. Otherwise, we will have to wait until next years meet. In the event we can't say it in person, we hope everyone has a great time. Mike and Lisa Rynearson
Lisa Rynearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:26 AM   #44

<span style="font-family:Microsoft Sans Serif">Lisa---

I hope your dad's procedure goes well. For sure try to bring everyone up on Saturday.

Paul S</span>
Old 10-16-2006, 04:27 AM   #45

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Freedom Deluxe (Modified)
Send a message via ICQ to LindyW2
Talking

PineKnot was indeed a rousing success. We had about 48 rigs present--lots of Casitas, a good number of Scamps, plus a Compact Jr, a Unik, and a U-Haul. We had great participation in all the activities. Everyone agreed that the Crimestoppers Band was excellent. The potluck provided some very delicious food. Tom T. received rave reviews for his Dutch Oven demonstration. Of course, the visiting among old friends and new provided the most pleasure of all.

After much discussion among ourselves and with Claude, the manager at Tonkawa, it looks as if we will return again next year around the second weekend in October for PineKnot-III. We will be posting some definite information very soon after I have had a chance to talk with Claude again.

The Crimestoppers Band has verbally promised to return next time. Also, Billy B. has offered to bring his sharpening equipment and donate his time and talent in restoring a keen edge to our kitchen cuttlery. As time goes by, I am sure more activities and events will be proposed.

Thanks to all who came and helped make PK-II the great success it was.

PS: Thanks to Gene, Webmaster for Casita Forum, for setting up the registration form and offering words of advice and encouragement.

--------------------

PaulStringer
Lufkin, Texas
Tow = 1996 17' Spirit Deluxe~"Eggstream"
Tug = 2002 Dodge Dakota V8

PineKnot Info
LindyW2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 04:30 AM   #46

Talking

THANK YOU PAUL

It was a great time and all went excellent It was fantastic to see old friends and make new ones

I will post pictures on my Webshot site in next couple of Days Link below in my signature
LindyW2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:33 AM   #47

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp (Egg Salad Annie)
Registry
Pictures please, please. Glad it was a great event
Taylor Kissinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:13 AM   #48

E-mail from Officer Keith Lewing of the Lufkin Crimestoppers Band

We would very much enjoy the possibility of returning to Camp Tonkawa. We were discussing on the way home how the audience was probably the most receptive crowd we have ever worked with …. In the 19 years we have performed, we could not remember ever having a standing ovation from a group. This made us feel very warm and pleased that they truly enjoyed the event, and it was very special for us as well.

One thing for sure …. If we get to come back again, we want to arrive about an hour earlier and walk around through the grounds and see the wildlife. It seemed to be a really beautiful place, and we did not have a chance to visit much. We thought the indoor facility was very warm, friendly and appropriate for the occasion, and loved hearing everyone talking about being from different areas, all over the country.

Feel free to pass this response on to the group if possible. They made us feel very much a part of the RV Club family. One of the band guys was even talking about this next week looking around and checking into a camper for his family!
Old 10-16-2006, 03:31 PM   #49

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr and 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel

A great time was had by all who attended. Thank you Paul and Lindy! Here is a link to my group photo. Tom Trostel

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?...4911288&f=0
Old 10-16-2006, 06:07 PM   #50

<span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><span style="font-family:Microsoft Sans Serif">Looks as if PineKnot-III will begin October 4, 2007. More to come later.</span></span>
Old 10-16-2006, 10:15 PM   #51

Trailer: 2005 Scamp
As a first in our lives, this meet was fun. We realy enjoyed our time spent with all the good folks that we met at PKII. Even though we did have to miss the Aggies taking down the 19th ranked undefeated Missouri football team, but thanks to Keith and Beverly we were able to get updates and watch the last quarter. We are definately looking forward to crashing the BB meet next April with our Scamp 19d. Also we are looking forward to PKIII. One of these days I may be able to afford all the upgrades and modifications that Lindy has . But as Steve told me, I am lucky to have a trailer with two kids in college.

Thanks so much for your time spent putting the meet together Paul!

And thanks for all the Casitians for accepting us in their family and making us comfortable amongst the natives.

sincere thanks,
Blair & Jeanette
McClure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 05:06 AM   #52

Talking

Pine Knot Ralley Pictures are now posted in my Webshot pages

If you look close you will see many Mod and Decorating Ideas by Owners

ENJOY
Lindy

Link is in my signature area

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pine_Knot_FiberGlass_Ralley_Oct_2006_186__Small_.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	5192