PineKnot F G R V Rally--East Texas Piney Woods - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-21-2006, 12:52 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe 2003
<div align="center">PINE KNOT FALL FIBERGLASS RV RALLY #2
Deep East Texas Piney Woods
Camp Tonkawa Springs
Northern Nacogdoches County, Texas
OCTOBER 12-15, 2006</div>

By popular demand, Pine Knot Fall Fiberglass RV Rally will return on October 12, 13, and 14, 2006, at Camp Tonkawa Springs in Northern Nacogdoches County, Texas -- http://www.camptonkawa.com/index.html. If you own a fiberglass travel trailer of any make, you are urged to attend.

Everything this year will be the same... A gathering of friends of common interests at an appealing RV Resort located deep in the beautiful pine forest of East Texas, about fifteen miles North of Nacogdoches, the oldest town in Texas--- http://www.visitnacogdoches.org/. The park has an interesting history which you can read on its website. Its amenities match those of any others. There is a covered picnic pavilion, a comfortable recreation building that will be for our exclusive use, and clean restroom and shower facilities. Rally rates are $16/night/trailer. ($2.00/person/night, over 2 people in a unit). Same rate whether you come for one night of the rally or come several days early and stay days later. (Sorry, but there is no cable TV. You'll be having too much fun to want that, anyway).

October is usually a most pleasant month in this part of Texas. The high heat and humidity of Summer will have passed, to be replaced with comfortably warm days and cool evenings and nights. The Fall colors may not be showing at this time, but the grass will still be green.

We want this to be a fun event. We are lining up quality entertainment. There will be informative discussions on various topics, including a Dutch Oven class. We will have a pot-luck on Thursday night. We are looking into having a story-telling night. Like last time, we are planning a group meal at a local restaurant.

Make your reservations directly with Camp Tonkawa Springs. The mailing address is 4675 County Road 153, Garrison, TX 75946. Telephone 936-564-8888. Tell them you are registering with the "Pine Knot Fiberglass trailer group." They have blocked 40 sites for us and will add more if needed. The park is not extremely large, although they have hosted rallies with as many as 75 units. If we have that many, they might have to put a few of us in an area where there is no sewer. Please note there will be no reserved spots, except for entertainers and others on ther program. You will choose your campsite when you arrive.

There will be no registration fee to attend this rally! The price of your campsite is all it will cost you.

<div align="center">
To Register

First, make your reservations directly with

Camp Tonkawa Springs
4675 County Road 153
Garrison, TX 75946
Telephone 936-564-8888.

Then, go HERE and complete the online "Pine Knot Registration Form"

And finally, please post here and tell us you are coming.

SEE Y'ALL IN OCTOBER!

</div>

Old 02-21-2006, 03:17 PM   #2
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: Escape 21; (formerly Casita LD 17 & 16)
Texas
Registry
Thanks for the posting, Paul! Don't forget to put it on our Calendar!

Mary F is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 02:10 PM   #3

Name: Tom
Trailer: 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Texas
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel

Was worried that the dates would conflict with our son's wedding... however, NO PROBLEM!

We plan to be there, again. Tom and Martha Jo Trostel
Old 02-24-2006, 10:07 AM   #4

We are delighted that Tom and Martha Jo plan to attend. They "won the prize" for the most unusual trailer last year.

Tom has graciously agreed to lead a demo on Dutch Oven Cookery for us this Fall. If the peach cobbler he made last year is any indication, he is adequately qualified.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:33 AM   #5

Trailer: Bigfoot
We just registered for the Pine Knot Rally. We tried to attend last year but had to cancel due to Katrina. So we're trying again.

Miss Alice with Camp Tonkawa Springs said there are only a few campers registered so far. When you call for reservations make sure she understands you are with this rally.

Nita
Old 07-12-2006, 12:21 PM   #6

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
We registered both at Tonkawa and on the internet. Do we get any feedback that says our form was accepted?
CD Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:28 AM   #7

I need your input….

As some of you know, I had a personal tragedy in my life in March of this year. Mary, my wife of 40 years, passed away after a very long struggle with heart disease. Although I have done quite well since that time, I have had a hard time getting all my “loose-ends” under control and concentrating on certain matters. For this reason, our PineKnot FGRV Rally has suffered. I have not been able to post on the forums and push it like I should have. As of this moment, we have only thirteen (13) trailers registered. (More than likely, some more will come through as the time gets closer). Robert has been a great help in making arrangements for the rally, but he has run into difficulties in getting entertainers, etc. to commit to being with us.

So it is decision time…

I have been thinking about cancelling altogether, but on second-thought, I am leaning toward going ahead with it, but have a watered-down version—i.e.: let’s all come, as many as we can get, and have a very informal get-together. That is, we will plan any activities on the spot. We might plan on a welcoming pot-luck on the first night and maybe a trip into Nacogdoches for a noon meal, but other than that, everything will be ad-lib.

I need YOU to tell me. What would you like to do? Please let me know ASAP. If all thirteen who have now registered will still attend, plus as many more as we can get, I’d say, “Lets go for it.” If the number drops below ten and we do not get any more registrants, then I think we should forget it this year and really work on it for 2007.

Again, please let me know.

Thanks very much,

Paul S
Old 07-13-2006, 02:23 PM   #8

Trailer: 2003 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Paul, I'm so very sorry about Mary's death. Please accept our condolences.

Darill & I are brand new to FBRVing! In fact, we are picking up our '03 Scamp 5th wheel this evening! I was so excited to learn about PineKnot, and with the help of someone very sweet whom we have never met (named Nita!) we have our reservation in to attend.

I would like to suggest that you not let this be a burden to you. I love your idea of a watered down version! Shucks, I love the idea of ANY version! We have a lot to learn from you folks who have gotten down pat the art of how to pack the necessities of life into an area the size of a bushel basket! Besides, our friends Jim & Karen Glock have said there are crazy and wonderful people at the fests - and we like both kinds!

Let's just get together and have fun and not worry about entertainment. This year needs to be your year to recover and reflect.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Sherrie & Darill
Old 07-13-2006, 03:05 PM   #9

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Although we have never met Paul and Mary, Joyce and I were saddened by Paul's announcement. Its not necessary that a full agenda be planned for the Pineknot, let's just get together and perhaps we can find time the gather and say a prayer for both Paul and Mary.
CD Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 06:05 PM   #10

Trailer: 16 ft Casita
With renovations on our love bug not going near as quickly as I wanted we are hoping to have it completed enough to put it on the road for the gathering. If we are able to attend I would be in favor of the informal gathering. Just getting together, looking at other eggs for some different ideas, and relaxing is what it's all about. If we can't get the egg roadworthy by then we may just stop by for a visit with everyone since it's only a few hours away.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:42 AM   #11

<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">Response: Overwhelming!</span>

I have received numerous personal emails from y’all telling me that you want us to go ahead with PineKnot. Most who replied said they would be there, while one or two said they want to attend but extenuating circumstances have put a kink in their plans. Everybody said that the fellowship and sharing with fellow Casitans/Scampers/Compact Jr-ites is more important than a lot of organized activities.

SO—Let’s all be there with bells on. Be prepared for a Thursday night pot-luck. Also, Tom says he will give his Dutch-oven presentation, whether there be four or forty present. Lindy’s suggestion that we have a pet show sounds great, although I don’t know whether Gilbert, my new Dalmatian, will want to attend or not.

If you have not registered with us and made your reservations with the campground, please do so ASAP. Campground website is HERE. Their phone number is 936-564-8888.

Register by going to Registration Form.

I appreciate you guys very much!

Paul

PS. Thank-you all so much for your kind expressions of sympathy.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:32 AM   #12

As of 9:30AM, CDT, on July 18, 2006, sixteen trailers are registered for PineKnot. At this rate, we will have as many or more than last year.

If you have not registered, please do so soon!
Old 07-19-2006, 09:10 PM   #13

Name: Bill & Sandra Hanna
Trailer: 19' 2011 Escape
Texas
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to bill&sandra
Quote:
I need your input….

As some of you know, I had a personal tragedy in my life in March of this year. Mary, my wife of 40 years, passed away after a very long struggle with heart disease. Although I have done quite well since that time, I have had a hard time getting all my “loose-ends” under control and concentrating on certain matters. For this reason, our PineKnot FGRV Rally has suffered. I have not been able to post on the forums and push it like I should have. As of this moment, we have only thirteen (13) trailers registered. (More than likely, some more will come through as the time gets closer). Robert has been a great help in making arrangements for the rally, but he has run into difficulties in getting entertainers, etc. to commit to being with us.

So it is decision time…

I have been thinking about cancelling altogether, ...
fear not, Paul! many of us are waiting until we can better check our arrangements, petsitters, etc. bill and I plan to come fer sher! I'm sure there are many like me that have to juggle families and work buddies, etc to get off and are waiting a while between begging. keep the faith, friend. give it some time. if we do have a deadline for the park to let us park together, do keep us advised--that will get us off our couches! ha!

Old 07-25-2006, 11:03 AM   #14

<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">PINEKNOT UPDATES:</span>
Progress Report/Necessary Actions/Unusual Trailers

1. We are excited about the response so far. Counting both registrations and promises, we now have over twenty trailers coming. Several more are expected.

2. If you have reserved a spot with the campground but have not registered with us, please do so. Please use this Registration Form.

3. Likewise, if you have registered with us but have not reserved your campsite, please do that too. Tonkawa's website is HERE.

4. Here is a note on a registration form we received last week....
"We sold our beloved Casita that we came in last year, but are redoing a 1978 Canadian fiberglass trailer, Roulottes Unik. It is definitely UNIQUE!! Looking forward to the rally. Terry & David."

Heads up, Tom T... This may be a challenge to your Compact Jr as the most unusual trailer at PineKnot.