Quartzsite Gathering - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2008, 08:08 AM   #1

Trailer: 1985 16 ft Casita
The dates for the 2nd annual "Quartzsite Gathering" have been set for the 6-8th of February, 2009! We will be camping in the Dome Rock area just west of town as we did in '08. We hope to see all of you again who attended the first gathering and hope to see more new campers this time. Spread the word!
More info later. Doug and Michelle
Douglas Knudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 11:41 AM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
me! Me! I be there!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 08:53 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Unless sumpin' drastic happens, Leslie 'n Dave (and Minnie, the killer Dach-huahua) will be there! Thanx - LdB
Old 10-25-2008, 12:30 AM   #4

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
We're in again. Dalton and Kate will be coming to entertain all the pets.....
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 01:43 PM   #5

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
We will be there again. Looking forward to another fun time.
Ranger Duke and Beverlee
Beverlee Niskanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:57 AM   #6

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Freedom Deluxe
Send a message via AIM to Jim Minturn
Quote:
The dates for the 2nd annual "Quartzsite Gathering" have been set for the 6-8th of February, 2009! We will be camping in the Dome Rock area just west of town as we did in '08. We hope to see all of you again who attended the first gathering and hope to see more new campers this time. Spread the word!
More info later. Doug and Michelle
Looks like a good Idea. We like Quartzsite. We spent New Years Evening there in Dec 31, 1999 and Dec 31, 2000. At the "Silver Buckle". Had a good tome and it was cheap.
Jim and Lois Minturn
Jim Minturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 06:19 PM   #7

Trailer: 2009 Casita Freedom Deluxe
Count me in!
Joyce U. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 04:40 AM   #8

Trailer: 1985 16 ft Casita
We spent Thanksgiving at Alamo Lake, Arizona with a small group of 5 Fiberglass Trailers and 10 wonderful folks! We had a great Thanksgiving dinner and many wonderful evenings around a campfire under starry desert skies. All in all a great time with good people. Most said they would be attending Quartzsite in February. Hope to see all of them, all of you from last year and any more who would like to come out and dry camp!

Doug and Michelle

PS Ranger Duke and Bev, glad to hear that you plan on coming out. It would be great to see you two again!
Douglas Knudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:33 AM   #9

well the holidays are over and its time to get back in the camping mode.
We are going to try and get the same area we had last year. It worked out very well with lots of space all to ourselves.
Betty and I will be there Wednesday Feburary 4th, pick out the spot and post "Pie Plate" signs on the frontage road to direct people. I don't think Doug and Michelle will make it until Friday, so I will try and call him with GPS coodinates for posting later that week. We sure had a lot of fun last year and this should be even better. Really looking forward to seeing everyone.

Any questions, post them here and we will try and answer them

See Everyone Soon
George & Betty
George Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:35 AM   #10

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17 ft ('Beastie')
Registry
I may drop by. I plan to swing down to the desert, taking in the lower Colorado R. for the first time. I will need a good winter warm-up by then!
BobB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 11:10 AM   #11

Bob & Peggy

I hope you do, it's always good to see new faces. We had a lot of fun last year, but I can not promise warm weather. Then again, it has to be warmer than where you're at.

See You
George & Betty
Old 01-09-2009, 11:15 PM   #12

Trailer: 2007 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Yes, we would like to be there too........directions or gps coordinates appreciated...

Gwen & Harvey
Gwen H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:40 PM   #13

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Hi all.

Planning to be at Dome Rock for the meet.
We will find a spot amongs the rocks somewhere.
Going down the coast via Oregon and California and cutting across for the desert.
I 5 is just too boring but faster.Probably check out Midland and Mayflower on the Colorado first.
See y'all down there.
Allan and Raili and Lola the wirehaired foxterrier.
Allan Bornestig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:18 AM   #14

Welcome Everyone

Directions to the area:

Aprox 5 miles west of Quartzsite on I-10 take the Dome Rock Rd. exit (#11). If heading west, go under the overpass at the end of the offramp. Go east on the frontage road. Aprox 100 yards on the right we will have a "Pie Plate" sign directing you from there. Last year it was about a mile down the frontage road on the right.
Sorry I can not be more exact, but it depends on what's open with a large enough area
Last year, nobody got lost so I guess that was a good thing. It's hard to miss a bunch of little white eggs.

See You There
George & Betty
Old 01-10-2009, 08:44 AM   #15

Registry
I'll be there on the 5th. Anyone else?
Old 01-10-2009, 12:56 PM   #16

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
We'll be coming in after school on Friday the 6th like last year, so we'll probably be getting in about 8-9pm. Just going to be me and Dalton this year, the girls forgot and are committed...

Will be the first time to use the new Bag Awning. I hope we don't have a 4am awning scramble like last year....
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:57 PM   #17

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
gps coordinates appreciated...
Here are the coordinates for the center of the overpass at I-10, exit #11 and Dome Rock Road:
33°38'47.37"N
114°20'7.63"W
Old 01-11-2009, 12:08 AM   #18

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hi all - looks like this will be another eggs-tra special weekend. Hope it's warm!

Frederick - for posting the coordinates for GPS-ers. And George, for the pie-plate directions for those of us who are electronically challenged

Gina - we're thinking of heading out to Dome Rock from our park site on the 5th, so we'll see you and the pups then. Take care - L 'n D
Old 01-15-2009, 11:06 PM   #19

Registry
I'll be there early afternoon. I have to sidetrack to Corona to drop off 3/4 of the herd.

Change in plans, old girls staying at the hotel, pup is coming instead. She needs to be socialized, so ... kiddies have a job to do!
Old 01-16-2009, 06:31 PM   #20

Trailer: 2003 Casita Liberty Deluxe
If you plan to dine in Quartzsite, the "Best Mexican Food Restaurant" is quite good. I enjoyed the sopes and the other 14 people at my table cleaned their plates.

Also, for apple pie fans, there's an apple pie place called "Grandma's Apple Pies" that you must try. It's located on the south side of the freeway facing north not too far from the permanent RV store (Gamblers). Best apple pie that I've ever had. They are baked fresh and the owner concocted a semi-thick milky carmel sauce that is wonderful on the pie. Others eating it said that it's the best they've ever had as well.

The weather should be nice for you in February. Have fun and spend some money to boost the economy.
Chris B is offline   Reply With Quote